Topic: Happy 6th Anniversary To Me!

This year marks the 6 straight years I've belonged to this amazing site.  Of course, those who were around knew me as Gardenofstone10 (forgot my login so created this account last year).  Through my time on this site I've seen a couple thousand horror movies thanks to recommendations (and Bloodwave DVD having literally every movie no one knew about).  I used to be a writer of some of the news articles and had certain mod privileges.  There have been ups and there have been downs.  Been some amazing times together.  I've made some of the best online friendships with people from this site; including some that turned to real life friendships.  You all kick ass and for giving me 6 years of happiness, I thank you all!!!

Here's to another 6!!!

-Matt aka Garden

Re: Happy 6th Anniversary To Me!

What we have here is a fantastic site, with knowledgeable and intelligent people, who love horror, and love to share in their enjoyment of horror. I hope to be around here for 6 years, and I hope to see you and the rest of the crew here the whole time too.

I'm going nowhere, my friend.  This site has been like a religion to me for 6 years.  I don't plan on converting any time!

@Theli - Ditto.

OldLaughingLady - We converse back and forth on FB/Skype a lot, but it's definitely cool to see you posting more frequently on the forums once again. I of course remember you "back in the day" posting as Gardenofstone10. When I first joined up in '09, you had that awesome avatar/still-shot from Repo: The Genetic Opera. So that image has been pretty much ingrained in my head as part of the imagery I now associate with this site whenever HM comes to mind. That and Azzy's monkey, Lon's old Kurt Russell avatar, and all the boobies that Wolfie has so diligently showcased over the years. big_smile

But yes, great site, great members. Sucks seeing people leave now and again, but they usually pop up somewhere down the road. We've got a good crew cooking now, too.
Though I wish Azzy would stop being such a busy simian and get his monkey-butt back on and post again.

Man, to get the whole old crew back.  RIP (the guy rip not rest in peace), Justin, Deadhorse bill, Blacktequilakiss, godzillarules, and hell, even Meh himself posting on the boards.  That would rule.  But yes, I was able to get one of the mods to give me my "Graverobber" title from my old pic when I was your friendly neighborhood Garden.   That was before my life went to shit, I hit below rock bottom in real life and took it out on this site...thus becoming an afterthought.  But I'm in a good place, been welcomed back warmly and above all.....LOVE posting again.  I have my own laptop so it's easier for me to post now as I hate doing forums on my phone.  smile Garden is back, baby!

I didn't really know about the hard times (haven't been around for a super long time yet), but it's good to have you back. I agree, I'll post sometimes with my phone, but I hate typing up anything other than a few lines. Normally my reviews are like half the length if I am using my phone.

Yeah if I post on my phone, it's when you get the internet shorthand and incomplete sentences.  I hate it so much but it's there if need be.

Damn you're a though one bro. You can accept these crazy ones posting all the time in here. Like me. lol

But I registered in 2012 and I can't say ANYTHING BAD about this place. Truely found the coolest and funniest people I've ever seen in years of being on forums. This place truely feels like home. As a matter of fact, I don't go to any other forums now. And man I really don't miss it at all. Here is much cooler. You guys RULE!!!

And congrats and I wish you another nuch of cool posts from you during the following years man. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-16 02:49:33)

Thank you sir! Certainly glad you joined as I need people to talk hockey with!

We're very few, you, Ghostseeker and me mostly. Strange...

Congratulations on sticking around for 6 years, and no doubt; a great site!

Thank you! I feel in the minority of people around that long.  Hopefully they'll all find their way back home

^^^
Yeah I miss a bunch of them. My Queen and DirtyGirl especially...

I talk to Rip all the time on Facebook, and Justin.  That's about it, lol.  I still hold on to the memories very fondly.