Topic: Which DiCaprio movie is the best?

im pretty sure that most of us on here don't like Leonardo Dicaprio, but i was wondering which of his movies you thought was the best.

Re: Which DiCaprio movie is the best?

Well for me, if i had to choose, it was a toss up between Gangs of New York and The Departed. So i chose The Departed.

FYI: You forgot to mention his best performance, Basketball Diaries.

gangs is prob my fav of his. hes not a good actor, but its a good movie.

Hey my favorite by him are The Basketball Diaries, Gangs of New York, and The Departed and boy The Departed is definitely one hell of a kick ass movie.

Departed:) His best work Imo, I liked him in The Beach too.

i missed a few, my bad.

I went with Null Vote as I love the film Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, which is not on the list.

I've always thought he was a good actor who just unfortunately fell into the "teen idol" trap.  I really liked him in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries, but The Departed, man...awesome movie and not like anything he's done before (and I can't believe I'm saying this, but actually better than the HK flick Infernal Affairs, which it was based on).  So, Departed gets my vote.

Hopefully it'll help him shed the whole teen idol thing, because the guy's an Oscar winner waiting to happen.

jmh314 wrote:

I went with Null Vote as I love the film Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, which is not on the list.

I was going to go with this one too.  I haven't seen Departed yet but still want to.

I really used to dislike Decrapio a lot but I liked Departed and Blood Diamond, but I had to chose Titantic as my favorite movie it wasn't my favorite performance by him just my favorite movie overall from the list.

His new stuff the departed and Blood diamond were really good i enjoied them and titanic is up there but he got annoying and it was good to see him die=D Ill never let go Jack  Bloop sinks tot he bottom of the ocean hiralous

sickf**k wrote:

His new stuff the departed and Blood diamond were really good i enjoied them and titanic is up there but he got annoying and it was good to see him die=D Ill never let go Jack  Bloop sinks tot he bottom of the ocean hiralous

hey where are the spoilers, not everyone here has seen that movie :) jk

Wasn't he in Quick and the Dead too?  that movie was ok with Rusell Crow and Gene Hackman.

ok man u yell at when i have spoilers in my reveiws and then u yell at me when i dont have em WWHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE???? im jsut fuckign aroudn wit u guys but all im gonan say is that they were good movies go pick them up or rent them=D

sickf**k wrote:

ok man u yell at when i have spoilers in my reveiws and then u yell at me when i dont have em WWHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE???? im jsut fuckign aroudn wit u guys but all im gonan say is that they were good movies go pick them up or rent them=D

Its cool and I agree they were all good movies, now you go see "Kiss the Girls" smile its a good one.
http://www.videodetective.com/titledeta … hedid=7255

departed hand down.

goldenwarrior wrote:

I really used to dislike Decrapio a lot but I liked Departed and Blood Diamond, but I had to chose Titantic as my favorite movie it wasn't my favorite performance by him just my favorite movie overall from the list.

Yeah i did like Titanic alot just b/c the movie was based on the ship and the final hours it had left before sinking to the bottom of the Atlantic. I loved the entire historic feel and was very interesting to actually see what the ship went through after hitting the iceburg. I've always been fascinated by the ship my entire life.

I guess I'm the only one here lol but I love leo I've seen all his movies and own most of them..I picked the departed but I also love Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape(match in the gas tank bomb bomb), whats eating gilbert grape it can go on and on lol..

Uh I have never seen any of these movies.  Someone special has persuaded  me to watch Titanic soon.  I want to see The Departed cause I love Nicholson.  Leo just doesn't do anything for me.

Definitely see The Departed. It is such a great movie from start to finish. Don't pass this movie up for one second.

Is it good enough to buy?  I love Nicholson he is my all time favorite actor.

Oh god yes. Buy it and also you see Nicholson bald. See i rented it and after i watched it, i bought it the next day. Definitely worth the money.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-06-04 22:53:39)

I had to null vote.  From the few that I have seen, I didn't like.

I haven't seen The Departed yet so I went with Titanic.

RIP wrote:

Hey Rip just like what i told Epitome, go buy The Departed. Don't rent it. Buy it. It's definitely worth the money. It's so damn good from start to finish. You will not be disappointed.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
RIP wrote:

Hey Rip just like what i told Epitome, go buy The Departed. Don't rent it. Buy it. It's definitely worth the money. It's so damn good from start to finish. You will not be disappointed.

Yeah, I heard it was great so I will probably buy it this weekend.