Topic: Phantasm 5.

Well folks it looks like the overly long awaited 5th installation in the Phantasm series, named Ravager is finished.
As far as a release date that's still in the air.
From Entertainment Weekly ' s website(contains possible spoiler material):
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/03/27/p … exclusive/

Re: Phantasm 5.

I'm amazed Coscarelli made a fifth one.  The last two were basically disasters which I thought for sure doomed the series.  Still, while I've never been a big fan of the Phantasm series (though I did like part 2), fingers crossed.

LoudLon wrote:

I'm amazed Coscarelli made a fifth one.  The last two were basically disasters which I thought for sure doomed the series.  Still, while I've never been a big fan of the Phantasm series (though I did like part 2), fingers crossed.

I liked part 2 also. I didn't even know there was a part 3 and 4.

Yeah had that on my Facebook Newsfeed this morning and the only ones I've seen are 1 & 2 which I liked a lot but didn't know either there was more. Pleasant surprise. Hopefully. big_smile

Ash's missing hand wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Yeah.  Part 3 (Lord of the Dead)  was just a straight-up train wreck.  Part 4 (Oblivion) was a bit better, but not much. 

I much prefer Coscarelli's non-Phantasm flicks.  Beastmaster, Bubba Ho Tep, Jim the World's Greatest.  Haven't seen John Dies at the End yet, though.

^^^
Oh woah, what a great collection of great movies. Bubba Ho Tep man, woooaaahhh!!! And John Dies At The End is very cool from my troubled point of view. big_smile

Phantasm 2 is badass! I liked the first one also, but not as much.

I agree, aside from a few redeemable qualities, part 3 & 4 were a mess.

Can't wait for this, looks awesome so far. Love the entire series and have eagerly awaited this for years, so happy to see it's finally happening. Despite looking somewhat low-budget, there's a lot of cool stuff in that teaser and it looks more in-line with Phantasm II, which I feel has always been the best though all are amazing in their own right.

Very happy this finally has been made, hope it's a good finale.

LoudLon wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Yeah.  Part 3 (Lord of the Dead)  was just a straight-up train wreck.  Part 4 (Oblivion) was a bit better, but not much. 

I much prefer Coscarelli's non-Phantasm flicks.  Beastmaster, Bubba Ho Tep, Jim the World's Greatest.  Haven't seen John Dies at the End yet, though.

you should check ou John Dies at the End it's pretty good and Paul Giamatti is in it and produced it which I didn't know

Coscarelli has been more successful recently with Bubba Ho-Tep and John Dies, so it's not too surprising to see him back in the director's chair for his signature series. I loved the first but haven't yet got around to viewing the sequels.

Last edited by Theli (2014-03-28 18:20:14)

An interview with the man himself:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32859 … oscarelli/

hellrat wrote:

Well folks it looks like the overly long awaited 5th installation in the Phantasm series, named Ravager is finished.

How did I not know about this?  Tall Man, baby!  That's all you need to know!  wink

^^^

agreed 100 percent, cant wait to see this

I heard he is in talks to possibly direct Insidious 3

I just like to watch the first two and pretend the others didn't happen.  Oh but I'll still check it out.

Excited, booooooooooy.

LoudLon wrote:

.... Haven't seen John Dies at the End yet, though.

One of those movies which mostly lives up to the book (go read the book, fantastically funky).

TeeSeeBee wrote:
hellrat wrote:

How did I not know about this?  Tall Man, baby!  That's all you need to know!  wink

It was actually filmed in secret.

LoudLon wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Don't know if you have Netflix or not but John dies is on their instant watch.

Can not believe they was able to keep this a secret for so long. I need to watch the old ones to refresh my memorie. Looks really good.