Topic: wondering about a few sci-fi movies

i bought this sci-fi movie collection from walmart, it was only a dollar and it had 4 movies. i havent watched any of them yet, but i was wondering if any of them were any good, or if anyone had even heard of them.

Cosmos War of the Planets
Assignment Outer Space
Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet
Warning From Space

Re: wondering about a few sci-fi movies

I have only seen warning from sapce.  It's a decent Japanese Sci-fi movie.  Entertaining, and somewhat origional as the UFO's that approch Japan look like giant starfish.  As the aliens find this shape scares the humans, one takes the form of a famous human singer.   It was the first color sci-fi film out of Japan.  Everything before this was B&W.  Entertaining but not great.

I've never heard of any of those. Hmmmmm. But they do sound interesting.

well ill watche em and tell all u how they were.

Cool. Thanks and i do love to watch those old Sci-Fi movies. The best is Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Cool. Thanks and i do love to watch those old Sci-Fi movies. The best is Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

Im pretty much at the end of Cosmos War of the Planets, its a fairly good movie, its kinda like a very early matrix. basicly, people from earth go to this planet and the people who live there had made machines to do everything and machines that make machines so they had no worries. but then they were attacked and the main brain machine couldnt function properly anymore so he called people from earth to fix him. its an interesting movie, the acting isnt very good at all, but its pretty kool.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Im pretty much at the end of Cosmos War of the Planets, its a fairly good movie, its kinda like a very early matrix. basicly, people from earth go to this planet and the people who live there had made machines to do everything and machines that make machines so they had no worries. but then they were attacked and the main brain machine couldnt function properly anymore so he called people from earth to fix him. its an interesting movie, the acting isnt very good at all, but its pretty kool.

Hey if you ever had the chance to see Mystery Science Theatre 3000. See it. It is so damn hilarious. You have this one guy trapped in space with 3 robots and the guy is forced to see really horrible old black and white sci-fi movies. But the guy and the robots make wise cracks about the movie during it.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey if you ever had the chance to see Mystery Science Theatre 3000. See it. It is so damn hilarious. You have this one guy trapped in space with 3 robots and the guy is forced to see really horrible old black and white sci-fi movies. But the guy and the robots make wise cracks about the movie during it.

that sounds great. ill try to find it, sounds like a good time. watching these old sci fi movies really makes me love the old star wars again, lucas really did a goo job with em compared to these old ones.

If you really want to get the full experience for Star Wars, watch all the documentaries on how it all started and how he created all the magic.

ya iv seen most of em. i need to buy the dvd box set of the origionals, but iv seen the majority of the documentaries, i used to be really big into star wars

I own the entire trilogy. When you pick it up, pick up the DVD's that has the orignal version on one disc and the special edition version where they included the extra footage.

thats awesome. i own the special edition VHS set from when it was first released,

Yeah i still own that alone with the ones before they released the special edition ones in 1997.

iv been looking for them, but they arnt so easy to find anymore, i kno i can buy the dvd of the origionals before they re-released, but the HVS ones are hard to find.

Oh i know. Man! Just imagine how much money i can get for them. Alot of money.

hell ya you could. i would sell em though. one of my frieds has all three of em and they are still wrapped in plastic. thats crazy money.

Well i still have all my toys still unopened in mint condition and with the VHS tapes yeah they are opened but still in perfect condition.

sweet, i moved too much to have any of my movies in mint condition. i probably packed them up at least 5 times.

That sure does suck.

If you enjoyed star wars, you'd probably enjoy Hidden Fortress.  It's always good to see the movie where a director got his inspiration from.

jmh314 wrote:

If you enjoyed star wars, you'd probably enjoy Hidden Fortress.  It's always good to see the movie where a director got his inspiration from.

Hmmmm. I've never heard of Hidden Fortress. Now i'm definitely going to look for it and check it out.

It's not quite as Sci-fi as Star Wars.  It's an old B&W Akira Kurosawa film from 1958.  A great film, but not up there with some of his all-time classics.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-06-04 18:14:36)

Great. Thanks a bunch JMH. And i do love the old black and white movies especially the chessy sci-fi movies. big_smile

Like I said it isnt quite sci-fi, but it was a big part of Lucas' inspiration.  I dont think Kurosawa ever did anything sci-fi.  It's hard to do that when all your films seem to revolve around the Samurai era.

Oh no i completely understand that it's not sci-fi at all. I was just saying that i love the old black and white movies along with sci-fi. Especially the best are the old samurai movies.