Re: wondering about a few sci-fi movies

Good to hear.  Kurosawa is my favorite director.  So many good films he's done.

I'll have to do a search on all his movies he has done. Thanks a bunch jmh. I really appreciate it.

No problem. Recommendations for Kurosawa: Seven Samurai(a must!), Rashomon, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Throne of Blood, and Kagemusha

Oh yeah i have heard of a couple of those titles but never seen them.

ok, im watching another one of these old sci fi movies, this time its Assignment Outer Space. its about a reporter who is going up in a space station to write a story. tension builds between him and the crew of the space station, and as that is going on, a space ship enters the solar system that has enough heat potential to destroy the entire earth. the reporter is the only one who can enter the ship and he must disable the generators before he soffactes or the earth is destroied.
its fairly good, the video quality isnt all that good, but its a pretty cool movie.

Is Ice Spiders on tonight on scifi?

ya it is, i just started to watch it, it started at midnight.

Yeah i just caught the very begining of this tonight at midnight.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

ya, im gonna write a review for it after its over, but its not too good so far, im getting coffee to keep myself awake.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

ya, im gonna write a review for it after its over, but its not too good so far, im getting coffee to keep myself awake.

LOL. Hey go find some energy drinks that will keep you awake. I recommend Monster.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

LOL. Hey go find some energy drinks that will keep you awake. I recommend Monster.

monster is good, i personally prefer Full Throtell. but i dont have any around the house, and iv got no money to run over to the store and buy any, but i have coffee here, so im drinking that

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

monster is good, i personally prefer Full Throtell. but i dont have any around the house, and iv got no money to run over to the store and buy any, but i have coffee here, so im drinking that

Yeah for how long i drank Monster while i was at college, i got 2 Monster XXL and Monster Chaos. I lived on Monster. So whenever i drink Monster now, it doesn't give me that boost anymore. I still love it. But i think i'm immuned to it b/c how much i have consumed and in my blood stream. I bet you if i cut myself, i would bleed Monster. Full Throttle is ok. But actually i just tryed Full Throttle Blue Devil and i gotta say it was good as hell.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-06-10 00:47:39)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah for how long i drank Monster while i was at college, i got 2 Monster XXL and Monster Chaos. I lived on Monster. So whenever i drink Monster now, it doesn't give me that boost anymore. I still love it. But i think i'm immuned to it b/c how much i have consumed and in my blood stream. I bet you if i cut myself, i would bleed Monster.

lol. i dont drink energy drinks that much, usually just on the weekends when theres alot of good shows and movies on tv and im starting to fall asleep, thats when ill drink some.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

Yeah for how long i drank Monster while i was at college, i got 2 Monster XXL and Monster Chaos. I lived on Monster. So whenever i drink Monster now, it doesn't give me that boost anymore. I still love it. But i think i'm immuned to it b/c how much i have consumed and in my blood stream. I bet you if i cut myself, i would bleed Monster.

lol. i dont drink energy drinks that much, usually just on the weekends when theres alot of good shows and movies on tv and im starting to fall asleep, thats when ill drink some.

Actually i was considered an energy addict. Well mainly Monster addict. If i didn't drink it, i can't remember if i had the shakes. Hmmmm well maybe i didn't. I don't. lol But now the only times i drink them is while working out and before i play hockey.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Actually i was considered an energy addict. Well mainly Monster addict. If i didn't drink it, i can't remember if i had the shakes. Hmmmm well maybe i didn't. I don't. lol But now the only times i drink them is while working out and before i play hockey.

right on, hockey is the best sport. it sux though, i have summer school gym class and they wont let us play hockey b/c someone a few years ago got a cut on their eye from the puck and had to have surgery, so the school board banned the game in school

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

right on, hockey is the best sport. it sux though, i have summer school gym class and they wont let us play hockey b/c someone a few years ago got a cut on their eye from the puck and had to have surgery, so the school board banned the game in school

Yeah that does suck. I would be so damn pissed if that happened to me. I've been playing hockey since i was 4 or 5 and will never give it up and i just can't. And also i'm a goalie and if you do look on my myspace page, under my pictures i have all the different angles of my helmet that i designed dedicated to the movie Pink Floyd The Wall.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah that does suck. I would be so damn pissed if that happened to me. I've been playing hockey since i was 4 or 5 and will never give it up and i just can't. And also i'm a goalie and if you do look on my myspace page, under my pictures i have all the different angles of my helmet that i designed dedicated to the movie Pink Floyd The Wall.

dude, that is one freakin awesome goalie mask.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

Thanks. It's my pride and joy. The movie The Wall is how i got completely addicted to Pink Floyd. And the mask has to of my favorite things in life, Pink Floyd and animation. I drew out the bricks and had 2 pictures and 2 tapestries that i gave to the guy who painted my mask.

Oh yeah and those are the main animation scenes from Pink Floyd The Wall.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Thanks. It's my pride and joy. The movie The Wall is how i got completely addicted to Pink Floyd. And the mask has to of my favorite things in life, Pink Floyd and animation. I drew out the bricks and had 2 pictures and 2 tapestries that i gave to the guy who painted my mask.

pink floyd is awesome, iv never actually seen the Wall movie, i want to, i just havent yet.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

pink floyd is awesome, iv never actually seen the Wall movie, i want to, i just havent yet.

The Wall is because of Pink Floyd my all time favorite band. I even own Darkside of Oz on DVD which it's where you play The Wizard of Oz and put it on mute and loop the entire album of Darkside of the Moon and while it's playing it looks like Dorthy is actually singing to some of the songs. It's crazy. Also i own every Floyd album ever made too.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-06-10 01:12:50)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

The Wall is because of Pink Floyd my all time favorite band. I even own Darkside of Oz on DVD which it's where you play The Wizard of Oz and put it on mute and loop the entire album of Darkside of the Moon and while it's playing it looks like Dorthy is actually singing to some of the songs. It's crazy. Also i own every Floyd album ever made too.

damn dude, thats crazy. iv only got Darkside of the Moon

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

Yeah it's wierd. It was a couple of years ago when they showed The Wizard of Oz on the one channel AMC or TCM, i really can't remember which channel it was that they show The Wizard of Oz, But anyways, when it came on, you were able to switch the audio and they had that version with Darkside of the Moon playing and i recorded it and i then transfered it onto DVD. It is so damn awesome.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah it's wierd. It was a couple of years ago when they showed The Wizard of Oz on the one channel AMC or TCM, i really can't remember which channel it was that they show The Wizard of Oz, But anyways, when it came on, you were able to switch the audio and they had that version with Darkside of the Moon playing and i recorded it and i then transfered it onto DVD. It is so damn awesome.

that does sound freakin awesome, i might have to go rent Wizard of Oz now and try that.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

that does sound freakin awesome, i might have to go rent Wizard of Oz now and try that.

Definitely do it. What an experience you'll get from it. Oh and also when you do it make sure you start Darkside of the Moon at the 3rd roar of the lion.