Topic: The Woman in Black (TV Movie 1989)

I can not believe there thread about this movie! 

I had to fix that!

I saw it two years ago for the first time and I saw it 1 week before seeing the remake.

This movie did start of little slow and some scene got a little odd and creepy.

Some of scenes were really tense to watch and little odd and I loved connection with the Dog (Unlike the remake and I felt this movie had offered a lot more then the remake did) Which thought was really sweet.

The ending for this movie was one of the most the chilling endings EVER! as it's gave the chills for few days

8 out of 10

I don't why this movie is NOT! on DVD! , the only place I saw it , well it's was Youtube (Movie is still up)  if you not seen it!

One of best One of best Ghost story ever!

Re: The Woman in Black (TV Movie 1989)

Yes I quite like it. Definitely had some chilling moments, and the atmosphere was incredible. I need to give it a re-watch soon.

Yes it's a fun one indeed. And the atmosphere is great.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-13 02:29:34)

I saw the 1989 version when it was first shown and tbh didn't think a whole lot of it. I watched it again after I'd seen Hammer's version (which I loved) and really thought the same. There's one scene in the bedroom that many people cite as being particularly frightening - I found it unintentionally (obviously) funny. It was nice to see some old UK TV faces of the time, and I thought Pauline Moran (Miss Lemon from Poirot) did a good job as the woman.

^^^
Ohhh sweet I love Pauline in Poirot. Gotta add this to my insanely big watchlist...

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Ohhh sweet I love Pauline in Poirot. Gotta add this to my insanely big watchlist...

Is it wrong that I always found her Miss Lemon strangely arousing?  neutral

^^^
No, I find Kathy Bates the same. lol

All of a sudden mine seems quite minor! lol

Hahaha Indeed. big_smile