Topic: whats your favorite Bacon performance and movie

I know I couldn't include all his movies and there are some good ones like Flatliners and JFK I left out, just name what movies you liked him in if it isn't on the poll, I myself think Kevin Bacon is a great actor and is a bit underrated.

My favorite movie is sleepers, but my favorite Bacon performance was from "Stir of Echoes"

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-06-05 11:17:08)

Re: whats your favorite Bacon performance and movie

I had to go with Footloose.  That's what made me love him.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

I had to go with Footloose.  That's what made me love him.

I did see Footloose in the theater but kinda like the kill scene in Friday the 1333th too Betsy really gave it to him.

Footloose was a great flick back then too, Sleepers was awesome as well it had a great cast and Bacon played a mean ass security guard.

I really liked The River Wild, Bacon had a chance to let loose on the acting, he was so believeably Evil. Streep and Bacon acting off one another was tense!!!

I picked Stir of Echoes because thats my all time favorite movie with Kevin Bacon, then Mystic Rivers, Sleepers, Footlose..

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2007-06-05 12:29:24)

This is a hard one for me, like him so much and can't pick.  All the roles are so different but my favorites are Stir of Echoes, Tremors and Sleepers.  He's very versatile.

Last edited by Tina12312 (2007-06-05 12:30:59)

Those tubes socks in Friday 13th.....hee hee hee

See for me this is a tough one b/c it's a tossup between Tremors, Stir of Echoes, Sleepers, and The River Wild. Now i did see The Woodsman and i gotta tell you that movie is messed up. But between the 4 i listed i'm going to really think about it.

While I enjoyed Stir of Echoes, I had to go with a null vote here as my favorite films with Bacon in them are Wild Things and Animal House

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-06-05 12:59:01)

iv always loved Tremors, such a great movie. i had to vote for it.

Im going with Tremors, I love that movie.

without question tremors, a great film.

So i finally chose and decided which one is my favorite and it's Tremors but with a very close favorite.

Tremors, its great movie smile

Tremors....such a badass filn.

Tremors is a great flick, but I was just wondering are you guys choosing that movie because of the movie itself? I was leaning towards sleepers as the overall favorite movie of mine on the list but I liked Kevin's performance in Stir of Echoes the best and went with that.

I was just wondering if you had to pick a movie only on his acting ability and overall performance would it be the same.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

I really liked The River Wild, Bacon had a chance to let loose on the acting, he was so believeably Evil. Streep and Bacon acting off one another was tense!!!

Thats a fantastic film it was 3rd on my list.

I thought that The River Wild was his best out of the pick.
I think he needs to stop "singing" and get back into acting its what he does best.

I'm not a big fan of Kevin Bacon, so I just went for my favorite film on the list.  That would be "Friday the 13th".

1. Friday the 13th
2. Footloose
3. Tremors
4. Stir of Echoes
5. Hollowman

BUT my all time fave film with him in it is Animal House.