Topic: The strain (new horror tv series on FX)

A mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism... On FX July 13, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_42rx8Dm6OQ

Looks interesting ...

Re: The strain (new horror tv series on FX)

^^^
Saw about this and yes looks pretty nice indeed. And it's by GOD Del Toro, should be badass. big_smile

Love the book series. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Did anyone watch the premiere? I really enjoyed it!

Yep, saw it.  I thought it was merely okay, but that it has potential.  Del Torro's fingerprints are definitely all over it, though, and that works in its favor.  I'll reserve judgment until I've seen a couple more episodes.

I can say, though, that I'm pissed that they wasted Andrew Divoff.  That guy's been around a long time and is a quality character actor.  You don't kill him off in your first episode!

I was shocked they did that!

I missed parts of the episode because my parents were visiting, but I did enjoy the episode. My parents left today (after THREE weeks!!!) so next time it's on I can watch it without interruption.

A millions of thumbs up.
Damn that Rocked.

But I liked that kill. Surprised me too so that's why I loved it. I love when they surprise me. Yeah I'm sick I know. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-07-17 18:34:18)

I like it.  Wasn't surprised by the ultra-kill 'cause The Wil Wheaton Show previewed it a few weeks ago.  Still cool, though.

Has some promise; I hope they can pull off some crazy-neat stuff.  Hey, maybe a vampire monkey(s)?  Heh heh.

^^^
Any kind of animal Vampire would rock. But wait maybe not frogs though. lol

Vampire Frogs would be as riveting as Frogs.
tongue

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/014/9/2/vampire_frog_by_preemiememe-d3779fi.png

^ Scary stuff there lol

I find it amazing the stuff they can get away with on cable these days, I have grown accustomed to HBO shows being over the top with stuff, but this is cable pretty crazy.

I wasn't overly impressed with the first episode, but I totally tuned out of the second one.  Looks like this one's going to be a pass for me. hmm

^^^
Not surprising... lol

Got it down earlier so I'll watch it tonight...

kXnPunk wrote:

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/014/9/2/vampire_frog_by_preemiememe-d3779fi.png

Awesome. Think I'm gonna build up a few episodes on the PVR before starting the series. Hopin for the best, love Vampires.

Who doesn't???

Abraham Van Helsing?

MWAHAHAHA Man... Yes. lol

Lon, you always bail early. Tsk, tsk.

Nah, I think I have this one pegged early on.  There will be a lot of effects, a lot of melodrama, but aside from some interesting creature design, it's not going to be anything we haven't seen before.  I feel they're already over-relying on what are actually Del Torro's strengths (brilliant design and cinematography) but after a few weeks, even that will get old. 

I just don't really see anything exceptional or groundbreaking coming out of it.  If something does, I'm sure you guys will tell me and take the time to rub it in appropriately lol  But I won't hold my breath.

Nothing ever gets old for me ever...

Yes I ROCK!!! lol

I'm enjoying this show.  I was flipping channels and became interested.  Some how I had never even seen a commercial for the show before so I didn't know what to expect.  I felt the same way about Andrew Divoff.  I think he's awesome and when I saw him I just assumed he would be a series regular.  I miss him already sad

Oh yes he is. big_smile

Damn I wish it'd go faster so I could download all the season at once. Hate waiting. But yeah it's like this for every damn show there is. lol

I've seen part of it no cable ahhhhhh. I guess I'll have to catch the series when the entire season is out on dvd. I hope it comes out on hulu. From what little I saw it looked great. I'm hooked I wish I could see as each episode comes out.

I really like the show so far, it's got me on board anyway. Bit disappointed about what happened to Wishmaster, though!