Topic: halloween dvd

Hi, i havent got halloween in my dvd collection. What is the best version to get with best sound and picture and also extras. I want one with the extended 12 mins

Re: halloween dvd

the best version I know of it Anchor Bay's 25th Anniversary Edition. 

What is the 12 extra minutes?  The only extended footage I know of is some reels found a week or so ago and its just footage...no sound.

I was looking into getting the 25th Anniversary Edition as well.  It's kind of expensive, even on amazon so its tempting to get the original release for like 6 bux new.  Then again, it is Halloween.

i read summet that said theres a tv version and a cinema version and 1 of em has 12 mins of violence cut out.

Really TiM?  I got mine at Borders I think for only $20

adam, this is the only thing I know of minutes of extra footage:

http://fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2585

Basically to sum it up, they discovered the negitives for Halloween but according to Dread Central (need to find the article again) they do not contain any audio as they were not used in the final product.

Well if you have the 25th Anniversary Edition then 20 sounds about right.  But if not, on amazon you can buy it in the "new/used" section (which is basically new except sold from a specific person and not the warehouse) for like 6 bux.

There is two different versions of the film.. One is the theatrical cut and the other was made specifically for TV. They needed some extra scenes so that it would fit in with their time block.

Here is a great link that explains the entire thing including the alternate scenes that were shot for the TV version..

http://www.davisdvd.com/misc/altcuts/halloween.html

Thats interesting Goon. But I take it all the DVD's out are the theatrical version?
If not do you know which versions are which?

I always thought that the 25th anniversary edition would be uncut.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005KHJV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
This is the cover art for the TV version of Halloween.. It clocks in it at 104 minutes.. The theatrical cut is usually listed at 92 minutes..

Thanks for the info Goon

I have never seen that edition on amazon.  I've looked before and I can only find the theatrical and 25th anniversary edition.  That one looks pretty good as well.  Thanks for the info.

Yea you can get it at Amazon here. Its there you just gotta know where to look. smile

Thats really cool. Another version of Halloween I never knew existed. It's going into my collection soon smile

Any version of Halloween needs to be added in my collection.  Thanks for the link Goon.

Yea no problem.. Glad to help. I've seen both versions because around Halloween the one they always show is this version. They are both good for their own little reasons. Any time Donald Pleasance is given more screen time is a good thing.

The 25th anniversary dvd is an improvement, and Donald Pleasance had all the best lines, and his screen time is quite impressive.