Topic: Kelsey Smith dead, Arrest made

Well as you all know that the 18 year old girl who just graduated from highschool last week and was abducted from Target this past Saturday was found dead yesterday in a park about 18 miles away from where she disappeared.

18 year old Kelsey Smith's body was found by searchers in a nearby park and was probably killed within an hour of her disappearance.

An arrest was made yesterday of a 26 year old man named Edwin Hall from a nearby county who was seen in the videotapes of leaving Target store before Smith did and has been charged with 1st degree premeditated murder and kidnapping.

My heart goes out to her parents and brothers and sisters.

Re: Kelsey Smith dead, Arrest made

I knew they would find the guy.  I am anxious to know his motives behind this.  So sad she was such a beautiful girl.

What I don't get is how nobody saw anything..you know what I mean..it was 7:00 at night but its still light out..I don't it might just be me but I know my surroundings and I'm always observant at night when i go somewhere by myself at night and that just being paranoid..but I'd rather be paranoid then dead..

a very unfortunate and sad story. prayers to her family. i hope justice is swift.

RaVeN71806 wrote:

What I don't get is how nobody saw anything..you know what I mean..it was 7:00 at night but its still light out..I don't it might just be me but I know my surroundings and I'm always observant at night when i go somewhere by myself at night and that just being paranoid..but I'd rather be paranoid then dead..

What I don't get is why didn't people notice her being abducted in broad daylight at Target store? I mean she had to have screamed and if I was in that parking lot I would have ran to help her out or chased that car down and call the police.

I was just watching this on the morning news.  It's very sad, and my thoughts go out to her family.

RIP wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

What I don't get is why didn't people notice her being abducted in broad daylight at Target store? I mean she had to have screamed and if I was in that parking lot I would have ran to help her out or chased that car down and call the police.

Yeah thats what I mean..it just boggles me why none did anything..this guy was even in the store with her wouldn't you think to go up to her and say someones following you the whole time through the store..If I heard someone screaming I would of ran over to help her or called the cops..

Also, I was watching Nancv Grace last night and they way they found her was by the ping in her cell phone.

Well Nancy Grace and all of them say to keep your cell phone at all times and you could be found......but did they ever take time to think that maybe they are giving tips also to serial killers? I mean if I was a serial killer and watched shows like Nancy Grace and heard that I would think to myself.....hmmmm next person I get I will turn their cell phone off immediately and chunk it as soon as possible from the car.

It's sorta like all our news stations are giving hints to the terrorists around the world at times, you know.

RIP wrote:

Also, I was watching Nancv Grace last night and they way they found her was by the ping in her cell phone.

Well Nancy Grace and all of them say to keep your cell phone at all times and you could be found......but did they ever take time to think that maybe they are giving tips also to serial killers? I mean if I was a serial killer and watched shows like Nancy Grace and heard that I would think to myself.....hmmmm next person I get I will turn their cell phone off immediately and chunk it as soon as possible from the car.

It's sorta like all our news stations are giving hints to the terrorists around the world at times, you know.

You our so totally right RIP about that..they have all these awsome things to protect us but there telling it on the news and tv shows so its like whats the point of it now..I know how to protect myself my fiancee taught me and plus just street instinct..its all in the keys and your feet wink

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2007-06-07 10:22:53)

There are so many stories about people being mugged and passers-by just ignoring it.  If someone saw the abduction happen to this poor girl and did nothing, I hope they have nightmares forever.  At least.

Constantce wrote:

There are so many stories about people being mugged and passers-by just ignoring it.  If someone saw the abduction happen to this poor girl and did nothing, I hope they have nightmares forever.  At least.

I feel the sameway...they'll have to live with the guilt for the rest of there lifes

I always pay attention to things that look fishy and I have even asked people if they are okay and located store security.

I was watchign this on good morning america Yes im up that early in the summer but only cuz i have to go to summer skool But anyway i was watchign it at a coffee shop b4 i went to skool and its really sad cuz this prick kidnapped this girl probably raped her or more disturbing raped her dead body and the msot he'll get is life in prison this sick son of a bitch should die!!!

Is there a death penatly in Kansas and if so what is it, lethal injection or electric chair?

Yes and unfortunantly it's only lethal injection.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

Yes and unfortunantly it's only lethal injection.

I bet if convicted he will only get life in prison. It depends on how she was murdered I guess.

dang I haven't been inside long enough to watch the news this week.....you all heard about John Walsh's son "Americas most wanted" His son was abducted years ago from Sears and murdered/beheaded. I think he was five, I read the book awhile back, just heart wrenching. The book was an eye opener though.

RIP wrote:

Is there a death penatly in Kansas and if so what is it, lethal injection or electric chair?

Did this happen here in Kansas??
seriously I think public hanging should be brought back as a death sentence.

Well they do have him for aggrevated kidnapping and premeditated murder. If he sexually assaulted her that will add to it as well.  The prosecuters need to take their time a build a rock solid case.  They also think he may have been involved in another kidnapping where the girl is still missing.  Too bad he's not in Texas we would strap him down and shoot him up without thinking twice.  Sadly you are probably right Ripper and he will only get life.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

dang I haven't been inside long enough to watch the news this week.....you all heard about John Walsh's son "Americas most wanted" His son was abducted years ago from Sears and murdered/beheaded. I think he was five, I read the book awhile back, just heart wrenching. The book was an eye opener though.

Yeah I remember that when it happened. I was a kid back then too. Recently there is an investigation into it about Jeffrey Dahmer killing his son Adam. Cuase he was in that area back then and used a blue delivery truck at work and there was a witness who saw a blue delivery truck speed away from where he was abducted.

thedeadshallrule wrote:
RIP wrote:

They found her in Missouri  but she was kidnapped in Kansas.  In certain states you can still chose your method of execution if you were sentenced while that particular form was still in use.  Yes I watch way too much Court TV.

thedeadshallrule wrote:
RIP wrote:

They found her in Missouri  but she was kidnapped in Kansas.  In certain states you can still chose your method of execution if you were sentenced while that particular form was still in use.  Yes I watch way too much Court TV.

Court TV is the best. big_smile Now all they need now is to add the death penalty to the channel.

That would be too awesome.  I am not complete sick but I felt a sense of relief when I saw Saddam's lifeless  body.  I honestly think it would help not only give people closure but deter people from commiting the same acts.  I also think the punishment should fit the crime.  Stalk his ass to Target and kill him the same way he killed her.  I know that lethal injection is more humane but I also know that they do have some idea of what is going on when it happens.  But being "put to sleep" is not horrible enough for this animal.

That would be too awesome.  I am not complete sick but I felt a sense of relief when I saw Saddam's lifeless  body.  I honestly think it would help not only give people closure but deter people from commiting the same acts.  I also think the punishment should fit the crime.  Stalk his ass to Target and kill him the same way he killed her.  I know that lethal injection is more humane but I also know that they do have some idea of what is going on when it happens.  But being "put to sleep" is not horrible enough for this animal.

Hey i remember back in the 90's actually seeing it on TV, they actually televised on Fox a live execution of a serial killer. I thought it was really cool. I forgot who it was though.

crap, I just watched he news, the accused is married with a 4 year old child.
He had a web page about eating small children and torturing small animals wtf???