Topic: 30 Days Of Night trailer online

Probably one of the most anticipated genre films of this year, the trailer for David Slade's adaptation of Steven Nile's graphic novel 30 Days of Night has hit online.  The offical site has it right here.I saw it when I saw Hostel II today and a...

Read More : 30 Days Of Night trailer online

Re: 30 Days Of Night trailer online

The first thing I noticed about the trailer was the color, Loved it:) It gives the etherical atmosphere I was hoping for after reading the graphic novel. Looks like alot of fast and tight action. Being released in October too ahhhhh.

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2007-06-09 08:30:00)

30 Days of Night is the vampire movie I am waiting for that actually says it has vampires.  Not like the horrible movie (yes it will be) which steals away I Am Legend's title but is more like Omega Man.

Yeah, I just about pissed myself when I saw the trailer.  I can't fucking wait for this.

great trailer I can not wait till it drops into theatres! This and I am Legend are high on my list of films to see.

TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

30 Days of Night is the vampire movie I am waiting for that actually says it has vampires.  Not like the horrible movie (yes it will be) which steals away I Am Legend's title but is more like Omega Man.

I love the trailer for 30DON.  A lot better than I was expecting, but I love the novel, so I have been trying to keep my expecatations for this reasonable enough in case of a let down.

ANd DudeWithTheShotgun, whats with all the posts about IAL being more like Omega Man?  I highly doubt they are going to change it that much from the book to make it like Omega Man.  It's too early to really even tell what it's like seing as it is still in post-production.

jmh314 wrote:
TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

I love the trailer for 30DON.  A lot better than I was expecting, but I love the novel, so I have been trying to keep my expecatations for this reasonable enough in case of a let down.

ANd DudeWithTheShotgun, whats with all the posts about IAL being more like Omega Man?  I highly doubt they are going to change it that much from the book to make it like Omega Man.  It's too early to really even tell what it's like seing as it is still in post-production.

I am also keeping my expectations reasonable because Steve Niles' work is excellent.  But after seeing the trailer I have faith in that movie.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_co … ;Itemid=99

The above link shows that I Am Legend is going to be similar to The Omega Man.  But, such a link is not needed because if you examine I Am Legend's trailer and the actual novel, you can see several differences which are more Omega Man-esque.  One: Robert Neville lived in a house which he constantly repaired from attacks, where as, Will Smith is living in New York City.  Two: Robert Neville kills vampires with stakes during the day, where as, Will Smith has a shotgun.  Three:  The movie has no Ben Cortman.  Four: Robert Neville did not spend time playing golf... he was actually trying to survive.  Five:  Robert Neville drove around in a station wagon, where as, Will Smith is driving a fun muscle car.  And the list can go on I am sure when the movie has another trailer come out or actually does come out.

Goood points but I thik thats a lot to infer from just comparing the book to the trailer.  Just because he has a shotgun doesnt mean he cant be using stakes to kill vampire.  Just because he drives a mustang doesnt mean much, just more modern than the book.  Just because Will Smith is in NYC doesnt mean he cant be in a house/townhouse/condo or something along those lines.  None of this means the story is a lot different or that it is going to suck.  Sometimes you gotta spruce things up to attract a wider audience, and little improvements based on a 2 minute trailer is ahrd to make acusations.And it is tough to trust IESB as movie plot rumours float around without much truth to them a lot of the time.  I just think that it's hard to infer without much to base it off of.

True.  Maybe I will find that I am wrong.  Although, I do not like it when things are heavily modernized to work for a broader audience.  I feel that often when something is drastically modernized (like for instance The War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise) it becomes more about how can we make this look interesting to todays people without focusing enough on the whole point of the story.  For instance, I am not saying that Will Smith as Robert Neville playing golf will ruin the movie, but in a way it just makes me feel a little odd.  I mean Robert Neville is supposed to be depressed, constantly looking over his shoulder and unable to sleep.  So when I see Will Smith playing golf, I just do not feel that sense of hopelessness.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2007-06-09 22:37:58)

Ummm...why is I AM LEGEND being discussed on 30 DAYS OF NIGHT?

It started here... lol.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Ummm...why is I AM LEGEND being discussed on 30 DAYS OF NIGHT?

I read the I am Legend thread and he had a comment about the film going to suck, and then it was again mentioned above on this thread, so I happened to comment on why all the negativity since I saw it again, and it just snowballed.

I sat in total awe when I saw this trailer today when I went to see Hostel 2.  I love the fact that it's in such a desolate area.  The vampires look like they are going to be bad ass.  I am so psyched.