Re: Totally random

^ That is exactly what I said! I told them that the people in 28 Days Later are infected, and do not die THEN turn, and one guy saw my point, but that is it.

Silly gooses lol

I'd be close to becoming a rage infected right there, just frothing at the mouth.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

And they were like (even the lecturer!) "But it's up to date zombies. You are comparing them to old zombie movies."

I only bring it up because I know some guys on here had a discussion about this before. Was I right saying them movies aren't zombie movies?

I'm positive they aren't!

You're correct, they're NOT zombie movies.  Zombies are re-animated corpses which feast on human flesh.  28 Days/Weeks Later are living human beings infected with a virus which turns them into mindless homicidal maniacs.

"Up to date zombies."  Pfft.  Tell your lecturer I'd be happy to update his history of having his ass kicked.

They can literally starve to death, what kind of zombie starves to death?

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah Theli I'm a TRUE Demon, I don't become an Angel and will never do so. Hahaha

Well a great Mighty THORsday to you all my dear friends, hope you have a great one and it's not as cold as it is here. Freaking -13°C now, ARGH!!! Please save me. roll

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu1zv5hbfY1qclcgo.jpg

I would LOVE to see this guy in Thor 3.  For those not in the know, the dude on this cover is Beta Ray Bill -- the final survivor of an alien race who fought Thor to a standstill, and then saved Thor's life.  He was rewarded by Thor's father Odin with his own hammer that grants him further abilities similar to Thor, on top of his already Thor-level might, essentially doubling his strength. 

In other words, while he may look like a horse, he's a major bad-ass.

Not that anyone asked...

^ Thank you! I knew I was correct, so I debated for my side heavily. I was shocked that my lecturer didn't even see my point. She was like:

"Oh no, they are zombies. They are just up to date now, you're comparing them to zombie movies in the 70's and 80's which were different to now."

Then I went about saying that zombies are dead humans who come back to life. The people in 28 Days/Weeks Later just got infected, they never died between the process of turning.

Then a friend of mine said, "In World War Z they actually call them zombies. In the movie like, and they don't die and are just infected. So you're saying they aren't zombies?"

And I told yes, just because the movie said the word 'zombie' doesn't mean they are automatically zombies.

It shouldn't bother me, but it is a big gripe of mine. lol

I'm still not entirely clear about World War Z.  I've watched it twice but still can't tell if the victims died before being turned.  I do believe they feast on human flesh, though they don't really linger on anything.  Which begs the question what the hell kind of a zombie movie doesn't feature at least one major gut-chomping scene?  It's the entire raison d'etre!

They die and come back in World War Z. It was lacking in many departments, but it was still a cool movie for other reasons. Survival of the Dead was disappointing in the gut munching scenes too, only one scene at the end and it wasn't even a human getting eaten. I still liked them both though

At least I think they die, I might have to watch it again. In any Romero, or Romero based flick you don't need to be bitten to turn, you just need to die.

LoudLon wrote:

I would LOVE to see this guy in Thor 3.  For those not in the know, the dude on this cover is Beta Ray Bill -- the final survivor of an alien race who fought Thor to a standstill, and then saved Thor's life.  He was rewarded by Thor's father Odin with his own hammer that grants him further abilities similar to Thor, on top of his already Thor-level might, essentially doubling his strength. 

In other words, while he may look like a horse, he's a major bad-ass.

Not that anyone asked...

Major badass indeed. Well I'm on BADASS DEMON now and the guy is EXACTLY that. Still lots of set up to do but hey whatever, it's much better, 2,6 Mhz, 2GB Ram, 64bits, 148 GB HD and it's a FREAKING HP!!! Weeee!!! H3LL yeah baby. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-22 14:55:39)

LoudLon wrote:

And they were like (even the lecturer!) "But it's up to date zombies. You are comparing them to old zombie movies."

I only bring it up because I know some guys on here had a discussion about this before. Was I right saying them movies aren't zombie movies?

I'm positive they aren't!

You're correct, they're NOT zombie movies.  Zombies are re-animated corpses which feast on human flesh.  28 Days/Weeks Later are living human beings infected with a virus which turns them into mindless homicidal maniacs.

"Up to date zombies."  Pfft.  Tell your lecturer I'd be happy to update his history of having his ass kicked.

Well said Lon big_smile

So glad work is over.
It's unfortunate that my high school job annoys the crap outta me.
And some of the people there.

There is also someone else who is annoying the poo outta me.
Me and the bf need to start living together like ASAP.

they were like (even the lecturer!) "But it's up to date zombies. You are comparing them to old zombie movies."

My first question is, did 28 Days Later come up when someone brought up "fast" zombies?  Seems like that is always when it comes up, the discussion between fast vs slow.  I've been guilty of it myself before I was "enlightened" about things. 

Second thing is, whether you think 28 Days / Crazies has zombies or not, the "up to date" argument is now officially the dumbest argument in support of them being zombies I have ever heard.

I think its disappointing there is a film class where so many people, including the teacher, do not see how obvious it is they are not zombies.

WWZ the film is different from the book, if I remember correctly.  Book- you definitely died first.  Movie- Pitt chops a women's arm so she won't turn.  It's unclear whether it kills you first or not- they change is almost instantaneous.

"New zombies"?  What the shit does that mean?  Tell them to watch Nightmare City, aka City of the Walking Dead (1980) if they want "new zombies."  Those guys run and use weapons, too.  But they're not zombies, either.  They just need human blood because of the radiation mutation (which is never explained how it transmits to dead people, but c'mon, it's a Lenzi film). 

Yes, invite your teacher to a Skype session with us so she can be wowed by knowledge.  You gotta bring your A-game when you come to HM's Thunderdome.   Leave the weak sauce at the door.

Speaking of which...

@Lon-
Did we ever determine what the hell the re-animated people/creatures in the Re-Animator series were exactly?  They're not zombies, 'cause they don't have a craving for the sweet tangy taste of human flesh, and it's not infected since they can't pass it on.  3rd category of undead, maybe?

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-23 05:07:23)

^^^
They're Re-Animatorizated Crazies. lol

Well H3LLo, H3LLo buddies, I wish you an ass kickage of a Saturday. May the Beer and weekend movies run aflow. big_smile

Yum, I WANT!!!

http://static.tumblr.com/6brb8ps/Euzm3u4tw/girl_guts.jpg

^^
OK, you nutball.  For me, it's a lot of packing once again, with a 3 hour respite for the Penn State game.  Now that we own our new house, Casa de Monkey, we can start moving all our shit in.

^^^
Good luck with that Sir Ape. But hey, it's almost done and soon the Monkey Home with have habitants in. big_smile

WHY, WHY, WHY is it that Google Image's very first result for Nutball is that??? Pwahahaha lol

http://31.media.tumblr.com/29f68ed74ef2f6dbe92fc0f538432c3f/tumblr_mw6tt5T55w1r5jleqo1_500.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-23 08:26:50)

http://www.troll.me/images/surprised-monkey/fuck-now-i-am-confused-you-want-me-to-what.jpg

^^^
ROTFLMFAO!!! lol

Damnit, first time I saw the Snow Blower this year but sadly NOT the last. Damnit, It started. URGH!!!
SAVE ME PLEASE!!!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/93/d9/22/93d92239d4e1f30f92d257be96c0142b.jpg

Weird because yesterday when they brought me the new BEAST machine, there wasn't any and it's the last time I looked out. My curtains are ALWAYS closed... Insane all that fell... roll

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-23 08:51:16)

^^
Dude, it look like someone broke a bag of flower.  Sheesh, this is snow...

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Porch_snowpile_2-10-10_small.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-23 10:27:09)

^^^
Yeah and driving in it gives that. Was last year... yikes

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/52/db/e7/52dbe779c3070c4f39d35feeef73c5c2.jpg

I have nothing to say about this really except MWAHAHAHA

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9N1HystoPV0/UoGBKt5BYyI/AAAAAAAAEac/tqzgPzWf1wc/s1600/unicorn+cat.jpg

Got my first Amazing Spidey 2 Fans Medal and I'm proud, it's cool. smile

https://df597aa15708a5f9ffce-8ed3a97fb51f95368b6c7b1594c14a68.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/TASM2_SocialToaster_Badges_100x100_02_A1.png

So, I'm poking Vampy and saying "Time to get up, you monkey," and she replies, "Nerfherder," and starts giggling.  And promptly falls back to sleep.

Sigh.

^^^
Does she have a german descendance or what??? lol

^^
Turn in your nerd credentials at your earliest convenience.

Princess Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.  Han Solo: Who's scruffy-looking?

(OK, I spelled it wrong.  You can keep your credentials.)

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-23 12:18:14)