Topic: Eli Roth cast in GrindHouse

Weinsteins dropped a line to update the casting including letting it be known Eli Roth is now cast in the film. Interesting.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9882.html

Re: Eli Roth cast in GrindHouse

The HM link is to Hostel: Part 2 casting just to let you know.  The MO link is correct though.  Eli Roth is a funny guy.  Funny as hell as "Grim" in Cabin Fever and 2001 Maniacs.  This'll be a blast.

yeah should be interesting to see what character he ends up playing.

if his chacters are like the ones in cabin faver and 2001 manicas then hell be sweet in it .

Yea I have heard that he is supposed to be directing one of the faux trailers during the intermission.. I don't know if that is going to happen or not but I sure hope it does..

That would be a shame if he didnt.  However, I dont think any horror director would miss up an opportunity to be in Grindhouse.  At least I wouldnt.

I feel like a idiot I didn't know he was in Cabin Fever..I'm trying to remeber which one was Grim?

If I remember he's living in the caves, hanging out at the campfire, gracing everyone with schwag weed or something.

Yea hes the dude with the dog that stops in and offers everyone some weed.. Later he is killed and has worms crawling all over his face...

This is the first time I found out thats he's the dude with weed and the dog. I never new that was Eli Roth, so don't feel bad RaVeN smile

How could you forget Dr. Mambo's owner?  Ooh faced!  You guys should look for him next time.  He's also in Hostel.  Not as Grim, but he plays an American at a table next to Paxton and Josh taking hits from a bong.  But, if you wanna see more Grim then check out 2001 Maniacs.

I know the guy with the dog in Cabin Fever, I just never knew it was Roth.
2001 Maniacs is a movie I'm interested in.

2001 Maniacs is great!  John Landis also had a cameo in it but sadly it was cut out of the finished product....

Yea... actually 2001 Maniacs and Cabin Fever are supposed to be in the same "world".. In 2001 Maniacs you see Grim and its when he first learns his new saying "Ohh Faced"..

On the DVD they have that scene where John Landis makes his appearance.. It was cool but I like the route they ended up taking more. It just fit the movie better..

Is that John Landis scene in the special features? i thought I had watch most of the features but I might have missed it.

Yea I think its in the deleted scenes.. Its somewhere on there..

Hmmm... I own the DVD and I didnt even know about that.  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks for the heads up.

It's a shame that Cabin Fever came out before 2001 Maniacs, because it doesnt really work considering Grim dies in Cabin Fever.

I didn't even see that 2001 Maniacs was released lol..boy I need to catch up here lol

Hope he acts as well as he directs, looking foreward to it.

i heard he is in or doing one of the fake trailers so thats awsome i already like the other fake trailer machete.