Topic: Should Weed be legal??

Ok At my school and Im sure at many other high schools across the nation there those who smoke pot. I will admit I did it before and I felt it wasnt liek everything people say about it. I didnt lose control of my mind and grab and shotgun and said Im soo high Nothign could hurt me. What I felt was I was jsut realaxing. Im not the oen that smokes it everyday and either are my friends but when it comes up we buy some smoke and plya Xbox 360 and I think ti should be legal. What do u guys think???

Re: Should Weed be legal??

only problem is then the government would regulate it and you probably couldn't grown your own just like mooshine is illeagal.  heck legalize it and moonshine to cause it's good stuff.

percent of crime commited by drunk people: over 70%
those high on pot?: less than 1%

I dunno where I stand.

I guess you can legalize it but regulate it like cigarettes and maybe make the minium age 21 or something. But, make it illegal to grow and sell your own stuff.  It would cut down on people being arrested for carrying a single joint with them and being put in prison.  Plus, put a nice tax on it and rake in millions of dollars a year.  If someone (like cigarettes) wants to kill themselves, let them but rake in the dough and use the money for health programs....to help those who wish to quit or those who lack money for their own medical needs.

Then again, it is a drug and I rather not go down the street and see people lighting up a joint and smelling it from people when they come to my theater.

i dont smoke anymore, but i think it should b legal. iv never heard of someone high on weed commiting a crime, but people who are drunk, i8 see it all the time. the main problem with legalizing it, is that the government would put a huge tax on it.

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

percent of crime commited by drunk people: over 70%
those high on pot?: less than 1%

That is a great example right there msot of the time you dont drive high and if u do its only for a litle bit cuz noone wants to do that cuz its a waste of weed. I lvoe when im aroudn high ppl because everyones happy theres no fights liek when ur drunk no offense RIP. You jsut happy and it wears off in a few hours depends on what kind u smoke I already smoked and was high for a few minutes and it went away and another time I was high almsot all nite but I didnt od anythign stupid I remember everything i did that night and i sat on the couch with my cousin and his freinds and played guitar hero and i went to bed

just dont smoke and drive big_smile

dont smoke it and I HATE drugs, but Marijauna has to many good medicinal uses to be ilegal. I voted yes to make it legal.

Yea I don't understand why they don't legalize it.. Its just about the same thing as ciggarettes.. Cigarettes have drugs in them too.. Its called nicotine.. Why isn't that illegal? Because they make so much money off of it.. Plus like Meh said there are actual medical uses for Marijuana.. I think they are afraid that people will stop buying cigarettes..

Let me see, should Marijuana be legal,.............Fuck ya

Well i nulled the vote b/c i don't get high and never hav and will never touch the stuff among other shit.

No weed should not be legal, it should be decriminalized.
I wouldn't want my surgeon or people in charge to think they can get high and come to work, I happen to like clear thinking brains around me:)

The thing about medical marjuania it legal I think in most states.  And that is strictly controled.

I don't do drugs, nor will I ever.  I do think that marijuana should be legal, though.

Of course I voted yes.  Decriminalize it and let people out of jail with minor possession charges.  Give some dignity back to people with major medical problems.

my momma takes tons of pain pills that she is becoming immune to if she could smoke weed she would feel better i mean it would still have to be within limits but it should be legal at least for it's medicinal purposes

thegoldensimatar wrote:

The thing about medical marjuania it legal I think in most states.  And that is strictly controled.

Actually its only legal in like one state, California. Even there it is extremely hard to get..

I smoked pot a little bit back in college but that was all. I'm a BEER drinker instead lol.

Goon wrote:
thegoldensimatar wrote:

Actually its only legal in like one state, California. Even there it is extremely hard to get..

Really?  I knew my gym teachers didn't know squat outside of how to make folks run around the track.

In the US Marjuania is legal by California state law in very small amount for medical purposes, but still against federal law.  At least one supplier of medical maruania is in federal prision awaiting trial now.

Really it isnt bad once in awhile even once a week. Look at beer it damages the liver, you get behind the wheel and you could be looking at murder charges I know i needed it to help me relax from problems and it has the saME effect as cigerttes but it helps u relaz more and you jsut feel liek all ur problems are gone, its an awesome feeling best part is u remember shit too then u have the fakers who say "im sooo high lets fuck" and sorry but they were smoking spices true story too shit didnt even look like weed anyone wanna take a guess what it was?? but Im glad ppl see weed as a pretty good drug

It is illegal in some states to lick toads...would YOU lick a toad?
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/rare_and_ … dlick.html

thedeadshallrule wrote:

It is illegal in some states to lick toads...would YOU lick a toad?
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/rare_and_ … dlick.html

You got any toads you can sell me?

I don't think pot should be illegal. Who are THEY to tell US what we can do. They have no right to say you can do this but you can't do that. Smoking pot should be a personal choice not the governments choice and it should be none of their business!

Even if it was legal, people are still going to grow it and sell it. Who is going to want to pay the rediculous government prices and it will probably be shitty weed anyways.

ilke i said before i dont smoke anymore, i quit smoking, but i definately agree with you Demon, the government shouldnt have that much control over us. and i agree that it is a personal choice, but i do think that jobs should not allow it, like thay dont allow u to come into work drunk. same kinda thing.