Topic: 30 Days of Night, the new "300"?

I can't help but to think that. I saw the trailer when I saw "Hostel II" and realized the same visceral, visual intensity.

Re: 30 Days of Night, the new "300"?

it could be, we'll have to wait and see

here's hope'n

it looks beyond awesome

It looks great but I don't see any similarities to "300". I watched this one, is it the one you were talking about?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5v6rcHsSM[/youtube]

Man.. when I first saw this trailer it was in the theater and I had no idea that thing was going to jump threw the window.. scared me shitless man.. I haven't jumped like that in a long time..

The special effects look good, but I dont understand the 300 comparison.  I mean the whole film 300 was shot indoors, so their special effects and style was pretty unique and original.  And even if this was similar to their effect quality, dont expect it to reach anywhere close to the success that 300 had.

Heh I doubt any horror movie will ever reach that kind of success

Wait until I get my chance. tongue

When I saw the trailer open, I thought it was for First Snow or whatever that Guy Pierce movie was and I jumped as the woman was dragged under...wasn't till after that did I go "30 Days of Night"

I think what alex might mean is that 30 Days is from a graphic novel and though it doesn't have the exact look of the novel, it does seem to have a stylized feel to it.  But still a hard roughness that most stylized pictures fail and they just look like studio films.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I think what alex might mean is that 30 Days is from a graphic novel and though it doesn't have the exact look of the novel, it does seem to have a stylized feel to it.  But still a hard roughness that most stylized pictures fail and they just look like studio films.

That could be what Alex meant.  I usually over analyze shit and end up way off in some comments.

I think "30 Days Of Night" looks much better than "300".  I just hope it's not overrated, like such.

Goon wrote:

Heh I doubt any horror movie will ever reach that kind of success

You really want me to list the horror flicks that have blockbustered in North America? We haven't had one recently but think back to THE SIXTH SENSE et al. Horror periodically has manage break-outs which get a cross genre audience happening.

Really looking forward to 30 DAYS at the cinema since catching a Distributor screening downunder, freaking awesome!

just watched "30 days.." trailer for the first and my expectations just went thru the roof. looks F'in great.

All I know is I need to get to the theater early in the release, unlike what I did with 300, making it impossible to see it in the theater again once I realized how f'ing awesome it was. 

Hmmm... maybe Alex is hinting that the vamps will be running around with airbrushed abs.

Or politically inaccurate?

Tim, I expected you to give me more lip about liking 300.  Thank you for not ribbing me.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I think "30 Days Of Night" looks much better than "300".  I just hope it's not overrated, like such.

Snyder is promising a new Zombie movie along the lines of "300"'s look and feel.

I'm still pissed (can I say that) with 28 WEEKS not doing better, totally ruined my headline "The Zombies that ate Spider-Man" sad

300 was one of the greatest in my opinion so it will be toughto match up

30 days of night will be 'The Thing' of our generation I think!

Constantce wrote:

Tim, I expected you to give me more lip about liking 300.  Thank you for not ribbing me.

Did I say politically inaccurate?  I meant, historically inaccurate.  tongue

Isn't "The Thing" already a part of our generation? At least I thought so big_smile

It depends on how old you are. I think that Tim wasn't even born by the time The Thing was released.

TiM the Zombie wrote:
Constantce wrote:

Did I say politically inaccurate?  I meant, historically inaccurate.  tongue

I thought you were just being really profound. tongue  tongue  hmm

Kruz wrote:

It depends on how old you are. I think that Tim wasn't even born by the time The Thing was released.

Yup.  I was born in 91, while the "The Thing" was released in 82, I believe.