Topic: name of a 70's TV Horror Movie with a black dog attacking a family?

I am a new member to this site and am wondering if anyone can help me with a Horror Trailer I saw on British TV in about 1980 which gave me nightmares for years!
Th trailer begins with a black dog chasing a young girl down a corridor, it then cuts to a black and white photo on fire with the girls picture in it. It then cuts to the dog smashing through a bedroom window. This wakes up an older man in bed who looks in the eye of the dog who has green eyes (although this may be the camera lens reflection). The man looks petrified as the dog attacks him. I know it isn't The Omen or Cujo if that helps? Thanks.

Re: name of a 70's TV Horror Movie with a black dog attacking a family?

There's a horror movie called Man's Best Friend but that came out a few years later I believe.

Could it be Zoltan: Hound from Hell? It was a late 70's or early 80's film with a killer black dominutre pincher in it.

There's a movie called Devil dog from 1978 that sounds pretty close, I have never seen it but here is the synopsis:
Creepy 1970s made-for-TV shocker focuses on a suburban dad as he brings home a German shepherd for his family, unaware that the pooch is one of Satan's minions. When the demonically possessed canine begins using supernatural powers to wreak murderous havoc, the stage is set for a dramatic showdown between man and beast. Richard Crenna, Yvette Mimieux, Kim Richards star.

I have no idea.  I would have said "Cujo".  tongue

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I have no idea.  I would have said "Cujo".  tongue

That was a big St. Bernard though.:lol:

I am guess you are thinking of Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell.  It was a made for TV film from 1978.  Plot: A dog that is a minion of Satan terrorizes a suburban family.

And I doubt this is is because it is a bunch of dogs but there is a film from 1982 called "Dogs of Hell" about military trained Rottweiler's that are used to kill humans.  They escape the military and attack a resort in the mountains.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-06-20 12:33:09)

^ Sounds like a winner.

jmh314 wrote:

I am guess you are thinking of Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell.  It was a made for TV film from 1978.  Plot: A dog that is a minion of Satan terrorizes a suburban family.

That's the same one as Zoltan: Hound from Hell which had a killer black dominer pincher in it, right? It came out in teh late 70's on tv too I think.

Plus there's the late 70's film called The Pack about killer dogs on the loose starring Bo Svenson which I have on vhs.

RIP wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

That's the same one as Zoltan: Hound from Hell which had a killer black dominer pincher in it, right? It came out in teh late 70's on tv too I think.

I have never heard of Zoltan: Hound from Hell and did not find any info about this being an alternate title to Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell.  So I am not sur eif it is the same or not.

jmh314 wrote:
RIP wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

I have never heard of Zoltan: Hound from Hell and did not find any info about this being an alternate title to Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell.  So I am not sur eif it is the same or not.

Yeah, my bad.... it's listed on there though cause I just looked it up. It's called Zoltan: Hound of Dracula and was on tv back in 1977.:lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions. A couple of my friends mentioned Zoltan, but I saw the film around 6 years ago and couldn't see the scene I remembered of the dog chasing the girl down a corridor and the dog crashing through a window. I'll look into The Pack and also this Devil Dog TV Film.
Cheers again for all the info.

If anyone's around, help me with this please... I'd watched a horror film with an old man who carries a black dog in a black coffin (perhaps a coffin) and chases/haunts a family after killing their pet dog or so. There are scenes, as far as i can recollect, this man (mostly in black, has wrinkles and looks old) carries his black dog in a box, on a ship after a family on vacation. The family is attacked by dogs, breaks windows and so on towards the end. Their pet also gets killed. I saw it almost 20 years back (VHS tape).

^
I that could be The Pack (1977)