Topic: Wilderness Trailer

Whatcha all think of the new Wilderness trailer first look we just posted?

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6494.html

Re: Wilderness Trailer

I think it looks pretty good.  UK films tend to turn out decent for the most part, so I'm looking forward to this one.

A great film to "rehabilatate you" rofl...seems alot of good horror is coming to us from ALL different directions. which is GREAT..I have been craving a bit more tilted horror. I was AFRAID horror was getting a little too, "scripted", I like my horror loose, cutting edge, edgey, I don't like super perfect people as my "heros" I like twists and turns.
the underdogs stepping up to the plate and BECOMING...more.
you know? and endings..well sometimes EVIL does win..but NOT all the time:)

yeah it seems the best horror is coming from our friends in the UK that is for sure smile

Well my feeling is that here in the states the homegrown horror is gone.. You either do the big Hollywood thing or you settle for DV straight to DVD if you can even manage to get a distro deal. A shame really.

Other countries are kind of like the way the U.S. was back in the 70s. Think about it this way.. If TCM was made today.. it would probably go straight to DVD.

Then again, if TCM was made today under the direction of Tobe Hooper, it would be more "up to date" on the essentials for a film.

What I'm saying is he spent nearly no money on that film with a bunch of really nobody actors and shot TCM. If he were to do that today, it would have been done on DV which probably would ruin the whole atmosphere that TCM has..

I'm saying exactly what you are. He would have changed things and shot it on DV and it would go nowhere because Studios wouldn't even take a gamble on it.

Yeah thats true.  But nobody actors?  I dont consider Gunnar Hanson and Marylin Burns to be nobody actors.  Even at the time, they must have had some experience.

Yea you don't consider them nobody actors because they were in TCM.. Neither one of them had done any real acting before hand. Gunnar got the job mainly because he had the right build. TCM was the first film for Marilyn Burns so at that time she was a nobody actress. She may have been good. But she was undiscovered.

I guess your right.  But after Hanson was in TCM he is now like a horror legend.  Im not sure about Burns, but Gunnar is pretty well known.

Goon wrote:

Well my feeling is that here in the states the homegrown horror is gone.. You either do the big Hollywood thing or you settle for DV straight to DVD if you can even manage to get a distro deal. A shame really.

Other countries are kind of like the way the U.S. was back in the 70s. Think about it this way.. If TCM was made today.. it would probably go straight to DVD.

great post goon and i totally agree for the most part. The UK has taken over doing the good horror for us now.

this movie looks great, cant wait to check it out.  The Uk is making some kick ass movies, just saw Severance the other night and loved it as well.  Good times.

amen to that and welcome to the community smile

That trailer is lookin gruesomely good.

Yea if you guys are digging this I suggest you check out his earlier film Deathwatch.. Its based in Germany during World War I.. Good period fim with a ton of atmosphere.. I dug it..

I love that the majority of this trailer is in the daylight.  This looks like it'll be worth checking out.

We just added a brand new wilderness clip, and to say its graphic is a wee bit of an understatement. Not safe for work at all http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6640.html

Needless to say Meh I thought you had gone PG13 on us when you said it was graphic.  I watch and watch and just some blood....then....well, I won't spoil it tongue

Must say very kewl.

lol.... yeah its one hell of a clip.. definitely not safe for work.

Or school for that matter tongue

But its only downside is it has a spoiler.  Still, well worth it.

Yeah, the clip was awesome.  Killer dogs and gore, what more could you want?  But yes, the spoiler was a tad bit dissapinting.  Hopefully I'll totally blank on that clip when I finally get to see the film itself.

Definatly.  But for me I have noticed a few things about dogs in horror movies.  A lot of the time they usually end up being the killer or tools for the baddies or getting killed.

Really sad sad

yeah im an animal lover to, but its still a really great clip!

another new featured video for this film has been added
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-trai … lip_1_330k

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Definatly.  But for me I have noticed a few things about dogs in horror movies.  A lot of the time they usually end up being the killer or tools for the baddies or getting killed.

Really sad sad

I feel the sameway but the movie does look great, hey in the one clip they tear the shit out of that one guy..