Topic: just started a screenplay...

so far i have no title but the basic premise is a young college student contracts a rare std from a date rape victim...as the disease worsens he becomes more vengeful and as his body begins to become mutilated he goes on the hunt for the woman who gave it to him. meanwhile the womans family and boyfriend, as well as local authorities, are on the hunt to find the rapist themselves. i want it to have a kidstype feel through the first half then turn into a wacked out ultra violent gore fest...i think it has potential but any input or thoughts would be appreciated, i've just gotten into the basic outlines and things so far so any good ideas would help alot and possibly be incorporated into the actual script.

Re: just started a screenplay...

Sounds like it could be good.  Especially, if you follow up on the whole "revenge" aspect.  Good luck and don't forget to have fun with it.  Also, if you need a screen writing software, try Celtx.  It's free.

www.celtx.com

Re: just started a screenplay...

Yeah Celtx is the best. This sounds like it could be good. I like how you managed to think up a way to fit an STD into a horror movie this way. Good luck.