Topic: DEADLANDS: The Rising

Hey everyone,

I would like to let you all know about my zombie film DEADLANDS: The Rising. The peeps at MoviesOnline have been cool with keeping the masses updated on the film so I appreciate it. You can find the latest article here: http://horror-movies.ca/horror_6496.html

We have recently update the official website for the film, including a new trailer and some photos from the set. Just visit www.playingwithdeadthings.com and www.wetnwildradiofilms.com to check out some info about the production comnpany as well as photos from the Baltimore, Md premiere.

Enjoy.

Also if you are in the Marylad VA/DC area we are accepting headshots an resumes for casting of Part 2 which begins shooting in a little over a year. Email those to castingdeadlands2@wetnwildradiofilms.com

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-09-15 15:17:19)

Re: DEADLANDS: The Rising

hey DJ glad you found the site, and email us if you have any future news you would like posted.

Kewl...very near me.

*lives in Warrenton, VA*

thanks!!:)

Thanks a lot man.

Hey Golden Simatar, may be you can be a zombie extra.

Haha, that would be awesome.

that would be neat!

It would.  Depends of course on....*drum roll*   COLLEGE.  Course if done during summer or breaks....I would love to do a zombie extra.  Ain't much at acting I think...last thing I did was a hippy in a 6th grade skit.

Hey guys I noticed his link to the movie site isn't working so I found it.. It has a pretty cool looking trailer.. Check it out..

http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/

Trailer looks pretty good.  Thanks for the link.

Well, funny you should mention Zombi extras. I am beginning to accept headshots and resumes for cast members for Part 2. I am not going to shoot until Fall 2007, but Summer 2007 I wanna do Camera tests and Make-Up tests.

Send them too castingdeadlands2@wetnwildradiofilms.com

I have a meeting with the City of Gaithersburg on the 25th, same town I live in, to work out a deal that will let me film in old towne so I can overrun the town with zombies. It will be lat enight shoots (8pm - 6am) Mon-Sun for 1 solid week. Just so i can make sure all the zombie stuff is done.

I am in the middle of the third draft of the script, and another writer is working on a draft based off my very original script for DEADLANDS.

The first film was supposed to take place one year after the zombie apocalypse, but it was just too damn expensive (Est $60,000). So I decided to do a short, well the short then became a 72 minute feature at a cost of $15,000 ($6K was spent on equipment alone and another $2K for make-up supplies and make paint for over 200+ zombie extras) So essentially DEADLANDS cost $9K without equipment.

Although I reference every friggin' zombie movie made I did something original. You never ever have seen a traffic jam full of cars get blasted by zombies... Well now you do.

Anyway, The DVD goes on Sale October 23rd. Pre-orders are starting soon, actually a link on the article will take you to the pre-order page. I also just shipped a DVD to the fine people at Horror-Movies.Ca Yesterday so they can review it, and I sent a screener to an Austrailian entertainment company whom is interested in Distribution.

So stay tuned to this thread and you will be able to grab some good info,and BTW the first 100 DVD's will be signed by:

Me (Gary Ugarek)
Producer Brian Wright and Lisa Brandt
Actress Michelle Wright

(I am trying to get the DP and Make-Up Supervisor to come down and get in on the signing party as well.)

You can also check out pics from the GARDELS screening on Sept. 6th by visiting the production website (www.wetnwildradiofilms.com)

Cheers.

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-09-15 15:05:40)

As the guy who takes requests for dvd reviews who on earth did you send it to? lol.

Luke is whom it was address to...

You or someone from the site sent me an email and said send it to Luke something or another (can't remember his last name.) big_smile

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-09-15 15:51:39)

rofl thats just gold. I must be having a serious brain lapse or somebody has figured out a way to get dvd copies through us.. god bless em.

Meh wrote:

rofl thats just gold. I must be having a serious brain lapse or somebody has figured out a way to get dvd copies through us.. god bless em.

I still have your email. big_smile

You emailed me at deadlandsthemovie@yahoo.com  big_smile

i prefer that we go with the conspiracy theory.. that somebody has some how outwitted me and taken over my brain. Its much more compelling I think.

Meh wrote:

i prefer that we go with the conspiracy theory.. that somebody has some how outwitted me and taken over my brain. Its much more compelling I think.

Although compelling... It has a mysterious auroa about it. Plus has me shaking in my booties about whom I sent a DVD too.

Gaithersburg, don't think I have been there before.  Everything I need is from Warrenton right up 29 to Gainesville and Manassas.

I have been to Baltimore and Bethesda MD a few times for touring the sub at Baltimore and going to the Cheesecake Factory in Bethesda till finding one in Tyson's Corner.

I definatly want to get the DVD of Deadlands, the trailer looks very sweet.

I know I haven't officially released the film yet (10/23/06) is the date, but anyone on Horror_movies.CA forum whom wants it now just head to

www.playingwithdeadthings.com/BUYDEADLANDSDVD and I will ship them out as soon as the money is in the PAYPAL account.  I will sign the DVD's too just in case... and this is a strecth, they become valuable someday.

The Cost is $15.00 shipped, no other hidden fees, and I have about 90 copies ready to go.

Make sure you include your Horror-Movies.Ca forum name in the message box when paying through PAYPAL.

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-09-16 16:21:58)

email me a trailer. I will then put it in our featured videos section. As it is we have heard about your flick but not even seen a trailer. We will flag the trailer as news on site and if people like it, it will sell you dvds (yep a new concept I know)

Looks like I'll be getting my digits on a copy soon.. I'll let you guys know once I get my review on site. I'm looking forward to checking it out..

Meh wrote:

email me a trailer. I will then put it in our featured videos section. As it is we have heard about your flick but not even seen a trailer. We will flag the trailer as news on site and if people like it, it will sell you dvds (yep a new concept I know)

Here is a direct link to the trailer. and I am emailing you the WMV version.

http://playingwithdeadthings.com/media/ … railer.wmv

You actually had the trailer on the movies-online site. I believe it is still there somewhere.

yep here it is - an older trailer but still active

http://moviesonline.ca/movienews_8818.html

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-09-17 10:56:01)

this is not MoviesOnline DJ. What they report on is not what we report on ( with acceptions )

Meh wrote:

this is not MoviesOnline DJ. What they report on is not what we report on ( with acceptions )

I thought you guys were all the same site.  My bad big_smile