Re: DEADLANDS: The Rising

Right on Dj. thats so cool.

Meh wrote:

dj if you have a clip of the film send it over, and we will add it as a featured video. Just has to be a couple mins long and something cool.

Let me dig through the film and find a sequence...

maybe the walk through the traffic jam with brian and I... how's that?

Check your email MeH... i sent you a link to download the clip. It is 2:28 seconds long.

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-10-04 18:46:24)

I just saw that over at Fango.  Nicely done.  Your film looks and sounds amazing.  Ditto on the screenshots.

Ok,

Let me be the first to say... THANK YOU from not only me, but the entire cast of the film. Everyone loves the idea of your contest. Genius man pure frigging genius. Also, because you have such an awesome concept to not only promote the film, which helps market it, and sell DVD's, I am going to up the give away from 2 DVD's to 5. So i will donate 5 copies to the winners.

My producer saw the page and was astonished at what you guys did. he says thumbs up.

Dj

For those wondering what DJ is talking about see said contest right here http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6652.html

And DJ I sure hope you were gonna email me to dude lol. Lucky i noticed the thread. I have like a 14 second attention span / memory. I blame my childhood and to much mtv.

Meh wrote:

For those wondering what DJ is talking about see said contest right here http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6652.html

And DJ I sure hope you were gonna email me to dude lol. Lucky i noticed the thread. I have like a 14 second attention span / memory. I blame my childhood and to much mtv.

I just blame MTV  big_smile

Sorry just had to chime in that the amount of reads the DEADLANDS review is getting is sick. Now if they were all sales.  muhahahahaaha

Anyway, I was shocked to see at almost 1200 views. inside of 14 days.

Meh, one question please.

Can you update the title to show DEADLANDS: The Rising? I have gotten a few emails from people whom have read the review and at first thought it is a movie based on the book and or game.

I just recieved Deadlands: The Rising DVD. I enjoyed it, I really get into indie horror flicks. You did a great job there DJ and thanks for sending it out to me quick.
Hoping there's going to be a part 2...

title was updated DJ simply forgot to post and tell you.

Thanks,

also as of 10/31/2006 I will no longer be selling DEADLANDS: The Rising on DVD through the website. TEMPE ENTERTAINMENT will release the film through their Splatter Rampage label, and it won't be coming out until MAY 2007. So as of 10/31/2006 I can no longer sell this edition of the film.

So this will be your last chance to 7 months to grab the DVD and lets not forget i will sign each copy i sell. Not too mention you will have first run prints of the film, with special artwork as I am sure the artwork for the retail release will change.

so head to the official site and buy today. smile

www.playingwithdeadthings.com/BUYDEADLANDSDVD

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2006-10-15 19:43:43)

Awesome news! Congratulations on getting your film picked up.

I'll try my best to scrounge up some money to get this sucker.  Looks fuckin' awesome.

Yeah that is great news...

It is super news to us. It will finally be out to the masses on store shelves. However, it will take seven months to get there. Nothing worse than waiting especially if you took 14 months to complete it.

Either way i still have enough DVD's to last me another week before I need to make another print to get me through Halloween. Once Halloween gets here... no more DEADLANDS until 2007.  sad

COntest copies are still available to those in the SPREAD THE VIRUS CONTEST (see contest forum)

Hey we just made your announcement front page news.. Congratulations on landing the deal with Tempe. I look forward to the new edition which will hopefully contain additional special features.. Check out the announcement..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6720.html

I am adding 2 extra things to the release... a small BTS look at our last night of principal photography and a short film by a friend of mine.

Now it is us to Tempe to inlcude these items but I will make them available.

I just went to the wesite and picked up a copy, I would rather my money go directly to the filmmaker, plus it's cool that it's going to be signed and have the original artwork. I love the clips I have seen and can't wait to see the whole movie. Good luck with your deal DJ, that's very cool. What do you have coming next for us gorehounds? (if you don't mind me asking)

Congrats you guys.  Sadly don't have the mula to spare to get a copy from you.  Will have to wait for Tempe to release it.

But, great to hear you guys got it released through someone.

Hard2Kill wrote:

I just went to the wesite and picked up a copy, I would rather my money go directly to the filmmaker, plus it's cool that it's going to be signed and have the original artwork. I love the clips I have seen and can't wait to see the whole movie. Good luck with your deal DJ, that's very cool. What do you have coming next for us gorehounds? (if you don't mind me asking)

DEADLANDS 2 is in the very early pre-production. I just recently finished the first draft. Maybe I will send a copy to the guys to review so you know what you are in for... smile

After DEADLANDS 2, I wanna do something out of the horror Genre. I have an idea for romantic comedy that is anything but... kind of like 1985's breaking all the rules meets road trip. I used to work at an Amusement park during the school days and they said I could film there so I may do that in 2010, but between now and 2009 it will be DEADLANDS 2, and probably help other filmmaker friends on their projects so I get more exp.

Thanks for the congrats guys.  smile

Sounds awesome Dj.

That's awesome guys I wish you all the luck in the world with future projects. Have no fear all my friend and reletives will expierence Deadland: The Rising? because I force even the ones that don't like horror to watch the good indies I come across.

Hard2Kill wrote:

That's awesome guys I wish you all the luck in the world with future projects. Have no fear all my friend and reletives will expierence Deadland: The Rising? because I force even the ones that don't like horror to watch the good indies I come across.

I wish more people would take indie horror more seriously. There are some legit filmmakers whom want to make a serious movie. then there are the guys who release really bad, stupid or pathetic films.

My motto is, if you can't put forth a serious effort then don't do it. If your intentions are to make something totally out of left field, fine so be it market it as such. If you claim it to be serious and it is total garbage... seek another profession. I am pissed the genre I love (Horror) and it's sub genre (Zombies) has so many mediocre releases.

I am glad there are people like you H2K because you help open a window to a whole new world when you find something people in another world should see. You are a TRUE fan of the indie genre and know how to support it. Kudo's brother. smile

To celebrate the TEMPE deal for the DEADLANDS DVD. Effective 10/25/06 at 3:30pm EST i have reduced the price on the current version from $15.00 to $13.00 shipped.

I also updated the website so I can begin adding a list of special features that will be included in the release of DEADLANDS.

www.playingwithdeadthings.com is the place to find out more.

I got my copy a few days ago and have watched it twice now, once by myself and again with a few friends that say they are going to pick it up once it hits stores. The movie is really good guys, I plan to do a full review by end of the week. Seriously, I watch a lot of indie features and Deadlands has great camera work, good acting, good zombies, gun fire, traffic jams, all kinds of cool stuff going on. You will be pleased with your purchase, trust me, plus now you guys get it for a few dollars less. I have nothing to do with the production of this film and I do  not know anyone affiliated with it personally so my opinion is just that, it's my opinion after having spent the money and watching the DVD for myself. Good luck Djfunk and hurry up with the sequel, I can't wait. Aggghhhhh, I need more zombies!

I figured I would give a bump since tomorrow is the last day to purchase Deadlands: The Rising on DVD until May of 2007