Topic: Daniel Radcliffe inks $50 million

So heres something that to me is just insane.  Daniel Radcliffe has just signed a $50 million contract to do films 6 & 7 of Harry Potter.  For a kid thats only about to turn 18 this month, thats unbelievable.  $25 million dollars per picture?  Wow.  Lets just hope he doesnt do anything stupid with his money cause after Harry Potter runs it's course, he probably will never see lumps of money like that again.  I mean they arent paying him $25 mil a picture because he is a great actor.  THey are paying him that to make sure the face of HP never changes.  It ought to be interesting to see what his salary is for his first post-HP movie.

Best quote from the article I read about this in: Daniel added: "Obviously, I'm in a very fortunate position where I don't have to do things for the money. I can simply do them because there's an interesting character and a good director involved."

Yeah good luck with that boy-wizard, cause you will be typecast forever. And btw, isnt that what choosing a role is all about, the character/director and not the money?

Here's the origional article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … ge_id=1794

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-06-30 08:45:35)

Re: Daniel Radcliffe inks $50 million

typecast? nah...he can pick and choose and is on stage in theatre.(In London)...ahhh the place to be. (stage)... Actually Eqqus sounds like a very interesting  and disturbing play...

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/theatre/story/20 … miere.html

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2007-06-30 09:08:34)

thedeadshallrule wrote:

typecast? nah...he can pick and choose and is on stage in theatre.(In London)...ahhh the place to be. (stage)... Actually Eqqus sounds like a very interesting  and disturbing play...

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/theatre/story/20 … miere.html

Maybe typecast was the wrong word.  I meant more along the lines that he will never shake being the "boy-wizard" that everyone came to know and love. And I am sure he will never see anotehr $25 million film project either.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-06-30 10:45:51)

He doesn't need to do another movie after "Harry Potter".  He's set for life.

he is totally gonna be typecast. But they also know they cant do the films without him. At least he is getting a huge payday so he wont ever have to work again.

I think, eventually, they might have to get rid of him.  If they plan on making every single book adaptation, they are gonna have to act fast.  I mean, the kids getting older and the part calls for someone in their EARLY teens.

$50million?  Holy f---ing shit.

Wonder if that is gonna be causeing a bit of a stir with his two main co-stars.  The girl Emma Watson apparently says she is gonna leave acting after Potter is finished and the boy who plays Ron has done some other films so I think he is a better actor and will go some places.

But the kid who plays Potter....definatly needs to after number #7, take a few years off, relax, see some sights (invest his money well) and come back in like 5-10 years so hopefully Potter will be mostly behind him so he can go and do other stuff.  Or he can always appear on reality tv.

At any rate...Radcliffe is an okay actor imo.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-06-30 21:59:07)

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I think, eventually, they might have to get rid of him.  If they plan on making every single book adaptation, they are gonna have to act fast.  I mean, the kids getting older and the part calls for someone in their EARLY teens.

The $50 million contract was to complete the last 2 films of the franchise, so they wont get rid of him, not if he has a $25 million contract per film. But like you said, they need to act fast, if they dont we will be looking at a 20 something boy wizard. 

Film #5 wont be out for a few weeks. and with movie #6 in preproduction and slated for a 2008 releases (I assume late in the year), and the fact that book 7 has not even hit shelves yet so there wont be a screenplay version for some time, this franchise could take a while.  I expect the series of films to probably finish up in 2010 or 2011, which is about 10 years from when the franchise first started and would make Mr Radcliffe around 21 or 22.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-01 08:11:47)

I don't think there's a problem with Radcliffe's age. Some makeup and twisting the story a little bit so you can have a 17-ish wizard. And 50 million is an insult to an enormous quantity of people but it's Hollywood. I think he should invest his money (keep it away from his parents) and come back once he's a grown man.

that kid will never work a day in his life after HP. $50 mil for 2 pics???? holy shit.

and just imagine what JK Rowling is making!