Topic: TRANSFORMERS

I justed watched it at a sneak peek at my theater.  And despite the fact I care little for Michael Bay....

TRANSFORMERS WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

Y'all gotta see it!

Re: TRANSFORMERS

Great to hear. I was going to be seeing it sometime this week and hense me being a huge Transformers fan and growing up watching the cartoon and collecting the toys, this is the one movie that's on my high priority list to see. I'm so damn excited to see this movie.

I hear the dialog is a little cheesy and they try and give the Transformers one liners....does that ruin it at all?

I don't care about the dialog or the story. I'm only gonna go and watch it because of the main stars, the Transformers.

And the hot chick in the trailer.

it looks really kool, im gonna go c it later

Kruz wrote:

I don't care about the dialog or the story. I'm only gonna go and watch it because of the main stars, the Transformers.

And the hot chick in the trailer.

That's the main reason why i'm going to see it. I could careless about the dialog. I wanna see the vehicles transform into the robots and yes also the hot chick.

Hey Golden.  My buddy saw it and siad there was a crazy trailer about some sort of beast attacking a town or something.  He said he never saw the movies title.  it has something to do with having a party for a guy who was apparently leaving. then something explodes and they start hearing sounds.   a truck gets thrown but you never see what the thing was.  Thats all he gave me and I am clueless.  Did you get this and if so do you know what it is for?

Or for that matter does anyone know what it's for?

Nevermind, I already figured it out.  it was a preview for JJ Abrams secret project, Cloverfield.  Sound's pretty bad ass from this article.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/29/jj- … ansformers

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-03 00:54:42)

Yeah, Cloverfield trailer was there.

The dialouge for the Transformers, there are really no one liners given to them.  Their dialouge is structured somewhat like the original cartoon series and there are several references throughout the movie to the original series.  Definatly an awesome flick to watch.  And with all introductions and stuff out of the way, if it does well...a sequel will be more action packed hopefully.

I have no interest in seeing this.  Michael Bay is a hack and doesn't deserve to be supported.

that movie looks great!!! i;ll see it as soon as i get some cash

Glad to hear its good. Im soo excited to see it!

Its really fun.  Some great comedy that comes from the dialouge where someone says something smart that you or I would say when we see the chance...so nice and actually natural.

With all the backstory out of the way...can't wait for 2.  Though I pray they do not bring Unicron in if they do a 3.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I have no interest in seeing this.  Michael Bay is a hack and doesn't deserve to be supported.

But I do... ooh. 

Wait. 

May have said too much...  tongue

I have been waiting and waiting to see this movie:) hopefully this week I will finally get too!!

fyi the cloverfield trailer is now posted as news smile Transformers is getting VERY good reviews.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_reviews.php?movie=1859

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Oh come on now TiM, you can't hate his film The Rock.  Its such a cool ass movie.  And besides, I went and saw Hostel 2, so if I can support that then you can give Transformers a chance.

I do agree with TiM that Bay is a bit of a hack.  But TRANSFORMERS and THE ISLAND...might start to turn things around.

I never understood the appeal of Transformers or any Michael Bay flick for that matter.. I mean robots that change into stuff? Not for me.. And all Michael Bay can direct is explosions.. I'll pass..

BTW I have been reporting on Cloverfield on the site for awhile... Its being produced by JJ Abrams.. The studio is being VERY hush hush about it..

Hey i grew up watching Transformers the cartoon and collected the toys and haven't stopped loving Transformers period.

Sadly though the ORIGINAL series (the one I am sure most of us Transformers lovers love) isn't avalible in the USA on DVD.  Was hoping with the movie coming out they would release it...but I guess I was wrong.  Might have to wait for a sequel to make it happen.

we are going tomorrow and i am stoked.  we watched a special on HBO about the making of it and it made me more eager to see it.  i have heard nothing but good about this movie. big_smile

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Sadly though the ORIGINAL series (the one I am sure most of us Transformers lovers love) isn't available in the USA on DVD.

What do you mean Golden?  They have the seasons from the1984 series out.  They have been putting them out for a while.  My buddy collects them.  Here is a link to season 1 part 1
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-1-Se … mp;sr=8-10
OK, so these are based on incomplete 35 mm film masters, as opposed to the original 1" broadcast master videotapes.  But despite some of the episodes being choppy and having added some sound effects, for the most part these are the original episodes. 

And they have the original animated movie on DVD too
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Movi … amp;sr=8-8

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-06 11:20:52)

I actually own the 20th Anniversary 2 Disc set where they have both widescreen on one disc and full screen on the 2nd disc. And on both discs they show the old toy commercials not only from america but also from Japan. It is definitely a must own for all Transformers fans.

I read a review that Transformers is more historically accurate than Pearl Harbor.  I laughed for an entire day.

Last edited by DrChannard (2007-07-06 12:04:53)