Re: TRANSFORMERS

All I can say is WOW!  This movie was so awesome and they left it wide open for a sequel.  I wanna see it again.  Transformers more than meets the eye. big_smile

I saw this at the last possible showning late Sunday, and it was the most fun I've had at the movies since Batman Begins.  Great mix of action, advernture, and even comedy.  The audience loved it, and the place was packed for that late on a Sunday night.  As soon as Peter Cullen's voice kicks in for the opening monologue, I was hooked.  It was so good to hear they got him considering the badass work he has done voicing Optimus in the old cartoons, glad they went out and got him.

They definately left it open for a sequel and two more have been signed on, but Bay has said it will be a while before he starts the next as there is no script and he has other projects he would like to do.  But rumors are already circulating, and my favorite one so far is that the sequel will have the Dinobots vs. the Constructicons

I think this was definately a great choice for Bay.  He may not be the best film maker but this film style suited him.  It has plenty of acton but never tried to be too serious or be something it wasnt.  I think the fact that it was meant to just be a fun film helped Bay from taking it and twisting it into something more complex.  It was everything you could expect from an adaptation of an 80's cartoon.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-10 15:40:36)

Oh FYI for those of you who hate Michael, the first paragraph of Roger Eberts review shows you even if you think he sucks that this is an enjoyable film.

"Now I have fans who say, "We are so sorry, Michael Bay, you still suck but we love you." That's what the director of "Transformers" told Simon Ang during an interview in Seoul. He could have been speaking for me. I think Michael Bay sometimes sucks ("Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon," "Bad Boys II") but I find it possible to love him for a movie like "Transformers." It's goofy fun with a lot of stuff that blows up real good, and it has the grace not only to realize how preposterous it is, but to make that into an asset."

Sounds like despite the fact that Bay may sometimes suck that even non-believers may enjoy this film.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-10 19:54:43)

Well, Bay doesn't "sometimes" suck, he sucks.  And while I have heard nothing but positive reviews for "Transformers", I'm still going to give it a mere rent on DVD.  Maybe.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Well, Bay doesn't "sometimes" suck, he sucks.

I cant agree with this statement as like I previously stated the movie "The Rock" was quite awesome.

But I guess I am not one to second guess you TiM with how many times we argued over my thoughts on Roth sucking, you are entitled to your thought on Bay sucking.  But I still think you need to give Bay a chance on this one....

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-10 20:53:48)

Hey i just saw Transformers and i thought it was actually kickass. The whole transformation from vehicle to Autobot/Decepticon was done extremely well and the action sequences were simply amazing. The one thing i didn't like as much was the robots actually talking. The only thing that they did right was the voice for Optimis Prime where they actually got the original actor who did the original voice for him back in the 80's cartoon series. So yeah i think it is definitely a must see.

I am totally excited, going to see this movie today!!!

I have heard mixed reviews.  Although all the reviews of the special effects have been the same. AWESOME!!  I am going to check it out in the next couple of days.  By the way, did anyone see the new Maxim with Samantha Fox?  Hot!

Samantha Fox?

As in the old bleach blonde pop singer Samantha Fox?  I think she's got to be puching 50 by now.

DrChannard wrote:

Samantha Fox?

As in the old bleach blonde pop singer Samantha Fox?  I think she's got to be puching 50 by now.

Definately NOT the same Samantha Fox.   If it was, than that would have to be one HELL of great plastic surgeon she has.  lol

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Well, Bay doesn't "sometimes" suck, he sucks.  And while I have heard nothing but positive reviews for "Transformers", I'm still going to give it a mere rent on DVD.  Maybe.

thats ashame. the special effects kick ass on the big screen and digital at that. me being a girl i didnt think i would like it but i think its the best movie so far this year.

Yeah, I think it's a shame too evilclown.  While the ending battle was a little dragged out, I think the rest of the film was phenominal, Michael Bay fan or not. 

I think one of these days some controversial director like Bay or Roth needs to do a kick as film like this, use a fake directing name and see who sees it and likes it.  Then later come out and admit who the directors real name was and see if that changes peoples opinion.  It could be an interesting experiment.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-11 20:28:54)

I had so much fun at this movie, the audience was so into it. This was a really good movie, FUN really is the best word other than (awesome). It appealed to the little uns to the pre teens and the two that sat in front of me that kept groping each other to the old people in the back everybody loved this movie:)
now if I could just hit a store that has the soundtrack cd, it sold out everywhere here geez!!

thedeadshallrule wrote:

I had so much fun at this movie, the audience was so into it. This was a really good movie, FUN really is the best word other than (awesome). It appealed to the little uns to the pre teens and the two that sat in front of me that kept groping each other to the old people in the back everybody loved this movie:)
now if I could just hit a store that has the soundtrack cd, it sold out everywhere here geez!!

I have the soundtrack to the movie and it is so damn good. Expecially Smashing Pumpkins and Disturbed new tracks.

jmh314 wrote:

Yeah, I think it's a shame too evilclown.  While the ending battle was a little dragged out, I think the rest of the film was phenominal, Michael Bay fan or not. 

I think one of these days some controversial director like Bay or Roth needs to do a kick as film like this, use a fake directing name and see who sees it and likes it.  Then later come out and admit who the directors real name was and see if that changes peoples opinion.  It could be an interesting experiment.

That wouldn't work.  If the film was nothing but explosions, flashy lights, and big bangs, it's obviously a Michael Bay film.  Very easy to spot.

LoL there are plenty of other directors who are one trick ponies like that TiM.....not to name names or anything.  Who knows if it was flashy with Big Bangs and explosions it could be Roland Emmerich.

I just think it would be interesting to make a big blockbuster type movie and have a big name director do it under a fake name to see what kind of response it gets.  Then since there is no bias toward the director, you later on give the name of the person and surprise the hell out of people.  I just think it's an interesting concept for any big director, not necessarily just Bay

TiM the Zombie wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

That wouldn't work.  If the film was nothing but explosions, flashy lights, and big bangs, it's obviously a Michael Bay film.  Very easy to spot.

it wasnt just explosions and flashy lights, there was a lot of humor in it, a good story line and Shia LaBeouf was really good in the movie. i liked him a lot in Constantine. i thought he did a great job in transformers. and the auto bots were so cool. they almost seemed human. my fave of course was bumble bee. i think you would change your mind if you saw it on the big screen.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
thedeadshallrule wrote:

I have the soundtrack to the movie and it is so damn good. Expecially Smashing Pumpkins and Disturbed new tracks.

GOT IT!!!! after going to 3 Walmarts and FYE at the mall I went to Best Buy and got hooked up with the soundtrack!! good stuff:)

thedeadshallrule wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
thedeadshallrule wrote:

GOT IT!!!! after going to 3 Walmarts and FYE at the mall I went to Best Buy and got hooked up with the soundtrack!! good stuff:)

There are a couple of weak tracks but overall it is a pretty damn good album. I don't know if you have listened to the album yet but you'll be pleased with what you hear.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-07-12 21:31:48)

little birdie told me that www.moviesonline.ca will be giving away 3 copies of the album tomorrow smile

very nice Meh

still havent seen it yet, heard it was really good though

saw transformers last night and that was the most fun ive had at the movies for years.

well i saw transformers and it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be (i was expecting a total seven car pileup on the freeway kind of screwup from bay).the robots looked cool,the fighting wasnt bad,megan fox was too fine,and it left it open for a sequel which bay has stated he wants to bring in the dinobots for a sequel.as for jj abrams movie the premise is that the camcorder commercial is actually film from a camcorder thats found after new york is completely deciamted by a creature called "the parasite" when the  discovery of the camcorder is made its turned on and the audience is taken back in time to the begining

Great movie guys!!
Especially i like the scene when showing vehicles converting into autobots....

Jason
http://delnaz.livejournal.com/