Topic: Day Watch was awesome.

I saw it last Tuesday. Great flick. Much better than "Night Watch". I posted my review up today and I gave it 8 skulls, but asked Meh to post my last one instead in which I gave it 9. So far, I've seen three horror sequels this summer. "28 Weeks Later", which was about as good as the first. "Hostel: Part II", which I did not think was as good as the first. And "Day Watch", (which is more fantasy than horror), which is BETTER than the first. If you can see it in the big screen, try to. It's awesome. I also saw "Fantastic Four 2" and "Live Free or Die Hard" last week. "Day Watch" is every bit as good as them. Well, FF is good for kiddies, everyone else probably liked "Spider-Man 3" better.

Re: Day Watch was awesome.

I really liked Night Watch a lot and have the dvd and have been looking forward to Day Watch.  Great review.  I don't know if it will play here but I'll definitely be getting the dvd.

Since I'm nowhere near a major city that will show Daywatch I'll have to wait for the DVD.  I really liked Nightwatch so I can't wait for this one.

I took "Day Watch" for granted.  It screened at a local theater and was pulled rather quickly.  I didn't get a chance to see it.  sad

Too bad Tim. It hasn't been released here but I'm gonna go watch it by the time it's released.

Yeah, but it's my own fault.  big_smile

Well, I hope you learned your lesson.

Oh, I did.  I did.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I took "Day Watch" for granted.  It screened at a local theater and was pulled rather quickly.  I didn't get a chance to see it.  sad

Can feel the pain there. SLITHER opened last year, decide to grab some beers with mates on opening weekend and catch the movie on weekend two, then the cinema chain cut the run to one week.

DAY WATCH was the opening movie for the Sydney Film Festival this year, and I had the flu. May have missed out again as not seeing a release date at the moment.

I think "Slither" needed more help than "Day Watch".  tongue

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I think "Slither" needed more help than "Day Watch".  tongue

Not a schlock fan Tim? Ed Wood rules btw, simply love the dude's work ... or at least the stories around how he got his movies up.

Out of interest DAYWATCH has withstood AWE, SPIDER-MAN 3, and SHREK to remain the highest ever grossing movie in Russia (mid tier market, but I'll claim anything that the dark genre achieves in).

I just started reading the book but it sucks that I can't find the first one. But I guess that after watching Nightwatch I pretty much know what's going on and I'm ready to read Daywatch.

hope the turn around to dvd is quick seeing how daywatch wont play within 100 miles of me. sad

This and Nightwatch are amongst my favourites. The whole thing has watched eyes agog and hardly moved a muscle. What a great script. Love the darkness of the film and the premis that one moment can have on your life I enjoyed it that they got away from the namby pamby idea that ethereal beings all go around looking pretty with tiny wings or pixie ears, but how they are, showing themselves to us as everyday people and with the soot and grime that we heap upon them, therefore check out that tramp next time as he may be 'other'. I am concerned that the third is rumoured to be set in America and I hope that is not so, as I think that the Russian scenery and architecture are far more in keeping with the plot.

I also think Daywatch was even better than Nightwatch, and that was a great movie. I'm searching for the books in the original Russian (the subtitles didn't do some of the dialogue, especially the colloquialisms, justice), and I can't wait for Duskwatch, the third movie!

I own nightwatch, but as hard as I try to get into it, It fails me...I can't get past the voice dubbing, what's so bad about subtitles?  Does daywatch have the option to turn subtitles on?  If not, I'll probably pass on this one.

I actually watched this i believe 2 weekends ago and i did find it a little better than Night Watch. It definitely has a better storyline to it and more action sequences which definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire movie especially with the great battle scene in the very beginning of the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, i highly recommend you buying this and don't pass it up for not one single moment.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I actually watched this i believe 2 weekends ago and i did find it a little better than Night Watch. It definitely has a better storyline to it and more action sequences which definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire movie especially with the great battle scene in the very beginning of the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, i highly recommend you buying this and don't pass it up for not one single moment.

good to know...

Last edited by DeathbyHighKick (2007-12-12 02:44:39)

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

I own nightwatch, but as hard as I try to get into it, It fails me...I can't get past the voice dubbing, what's so bad about subtitles?  Does daywatch have the option to turn subtitles on?  If not, I'll probably pass on this one.

Nightwatch does have subtitles.  For some reason the dubbed version is on one side of the disc and the Russian version with subtitles is on the flipside.  I'm not sure why the disc is like this unless the American version is edited like most foreign films are when released here.

i have not seen Day Watch, but i did like Night Watch alot so i am going to see if i can get that 2-pack, where its ND and DW in one case

i have not seen either one yet but everyone says both movies are awesome!

Meh wrote:

i have not seen either one yet but everyone says both movies are awesome!

Yeah get on it Meh. Jeesh. Go buy both of them today and watch both back to back right away. Chop! Chop!