Topic: One missed call trilogy

it also know as Chakushin ari (2003)

Chakushin ari (2003)
People mysteriously start receiving voicemail messages from their future selves, in the form of the sound of them reacting to their own violent deaths, along with the exact date and time of their future death, listed on the message log. The plot thickens as the surviving characters persue the answers to this mystery which could save their lives

Chakushin ari 2 (2005)
The One Missed Call curse has become an urban legend in Tokyo. Your cell phone rings with a chilling tone. Your violent demise is heard on the other end. Moments later, you die a horrible death. However, the curse has mutated to fool a wiser public and reach a broader audience. The curse indiscriminately infects anyone who answers and then works its way through every number in your phone book. Trying to solve the mystery, a couple of friends and a journalist trace the lineage of the curse to Taiwan. Once the origins are discovered, it's a race against time to put an end to the horror.

Chakushin Ari Final (2006)
Final film release in the "Chakushin Ari (One Missed Call)" series of Japanese horror films! Emily Kusama is looking forward to her school trip to Korea except for the fact that her best friend Asuka won't go along because of teasing at her school. On the trip, one of her classmates gets a mysterious phone call that plays the "Ring Tone of Death" and, as fabled, soon dies. As everyone around Emily begins meeting a simillarly grim fate, Emily looks for clues to free her friends from the curse. The only way out it seems, is to forward the call to someone else.

i really enjoyed these movies
OMC 1 - Was really good
OMC 2 - I didn't like that much becasue is was to hard to follow
OMCF - i loved it, i thougth it was best out of the 3 movies

i think everyone know that they are remake this movies,
what really get me is how many peolpe are in this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479968/

what did you guys think of this movies

Re: One missed call trilogy

I've only seen the first.. Not bad.. Typical J-horror.. Technology turning on the public. I think the film really hit a lot of Japanese girls because they ALL have cellphones.. The movie was made before practically everyone in the US had one.. So it would probably fair much better if you just saw it..

Yeah, I've only seen the first one.  I liked it.  Good asian horror.

i found the ringtone big_smile

http://www.umnet.com/Gallery/play-ringt … x?Id=32947

Last edited by BASSI (2008-11-23 16:22:15)

As anyone see 3rd movies ?

I haven't watched any of them. They didn't catch my interest.

ive only seen the first on it was good for standard j-horror ghost fair, but a bit of a letdown as a Miike film it just didnt seem to have the punch of his other flicks ive seen.

Well I just bought One Missed Call and One Missed Call 2 today on dvds so I plan on watching the first one sometime today or tomorrow.;)

I have only seen the first one. I really enjoyed it, except for the ending, which I felt was a big let down. I haven't checked out the second (didn't even know there was a part 3) because of all the bad things I have heard about it.

Thomas Hewitt wrote:

I have only seen the first one. I really enjoyed it, except for the ending, which I felt was a big let down. I haven't checked out the second (didn't even know there was a part 3) because of all the bad things I have heard about it.

One missed call Final - it great end to seires - ( LOT Better then One missed call 2 - which was  boring and Hard to follow- with twist and turn in this movie)
i liked this movie best out 3 because -  it likes Battle Roalye meet Final Destination, -  One death scene was way too funny me)

Enjoy

Last edited by BASSI (2007-08-05 12:36:20)

BASSI wrote:
Thomas Hewitt wrote:

One missed call Final - it great end to seires - ( LOT Better then One missed call 2 - which was  boring and Hard to follow- with twist and turn in this movie)
i liked this movie best out 3 because -  it likes Battle Roalye meet Final Destination, -  One death scene was way too funny me)

Enjoy

Cool. I will check it out. Do I need to see part 2 first, or can I just skip it and go to 3?

Well I just watched One Missed Call and it was a decent ghost film but not one of Takashi Miike's better films. I still think that Ichi the Killer is his best film.

One thing I didn't understand at the end of One Missed Call is why was the lead actress still alive and holding that knife behind her back. Was she possessed by the dead girl or what and then she smiled when the guy ate the piece of candy?:/

I watched One Missed Call 2 yesterday and it was okay but not as good as the first one was.

i am so bloody happy  smile
i just go this ringtone on my Phone now big_smile
i am going few beers now tongue

^ oh damit i forgot have THAT beer i said!
Now i just got One missed Call TV Series! big_smile
YEAH BABY

Last edited by BASSI (2008-11-23 16:18:23)

i really liked the One missed call final, really good
Where did you get the One missed call series?

PS: How come you didn't come to our house to day
you live down the road?