Topic: Audition

I finally watched this again I haven't seen it in a while and it was just as good as when I first saw it, being able to watch it with someone that appreciates the genre made it that much more enjoyable, I know its a bit slow to start off but what a ending, I loved that outfit and the way she kept saying deeper deeper    great film its my favorite asian horror still.

Re: Audition

it's like an edge of your seat kinda movie cause you are wondering wtf is going to happen next.  the needle scene by far was best.  i also enjoyed the fact that the "bad guy" was female.  that's what i love about j-horror, women are cast as the bad ass often.  it makes you have to kinda think and it messes with your mind.

The needle torture is my all time favorite horror scene.  It just makes me squirm.  While the film does start slow, at least it is building towards something.  Thats the beauty part is it doesnt play out like a horror film until near the end.  Love this film.

This is definitely by far one of my all time favorite horror movies, especially J-Horror of all time. Nothing can compare to the storyline and torture scenes. This movie is so damn awesome as hell. And JMH, that part never have made me squirm. I actually love those types of torture or worse which can only come within J-Horror movies.

Excellent asian horror film.  Takashi Miike's best, imo.

I added this trailer awhile back... Not sure if you guys caught it.. We got a ton of stuff up on TerrorFeed now.. Over 1,000 videos so look around..

[terrorfeed]http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id=Auditiontrailer[/terrorfeed]

one of my all time favorites. Takashi Miike is brilliant.

I still haven't seen this one; I really have to go get it.

Don't rent it Tina. Just go out and buy it. It's a must own for all horror movie fans. By far one of the best J-Horror movies of all time.

it's an amazing film, the end creeped me out a little.

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

it's an amazing film, the end creeped me out a little.

I didn't think the ending wasn't creepy at all. I loved it.

damn i feel bad for not seeing this yet. good thing you guys praise this one soo much. ive ben looking for a new movie to buy. this might be it.

KillianDarkwater wrote:

damn i feel bad for not seeing this yet. good thing you guys praise this one soo much. ive ben looking for a new movie to buy. this might be it.

I highly recommend you buy Audition and Art of the Devil and Art of the Devil II for now and then later on there are a couple more.

I have actually made a j-horror wish list on amazon.  There is really no need to rent them I just buy them because they are all so damned good.

I have this special edition dvd of Audition and liked it alot. I need to watch it again sometime soon cause I can't remember certain parts of it.

Like in that 1 scene where she is on the phone and then in the back ground something moves in a bag.......what was that suppose to mean?

Heh it was supposed to mean that she was a sick fuck that kept a dude tied up in a bag.. Nothing deep about it really..

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Don't rent it Tina. Just go out and buy it. It's a must own for all horror movie fans. By far one of the best J-Horror movies of all time.

Yeah, I definitely need to buy it.  Blockbuster doesn't even have it for some weird reason.

That trailer is genius.

There's *a lot* Blockbuster doesn't have. sad It's often frustrating going there -- at least to the ones in L.A.. A good local video store with a vast library is like gold.

Yea man I hear ya.. My local Hollywood Video had some great VHS copies of some awesome flicks.. So you know what they do? Totally get rid of almost all of their videos including one of my all time favorites Razorback.. I'm dieing to get my hands on a copy of that film..

Fuckin awesome film, but the ending was no where near as shocking as i was lead to believe by alot of people and reviews, still awesome though and one of miikes best alongside ichi

Goon wrote:

Yea man I hear ya.. My local Hollywood Video had some great VHS copies of some awesome flicks.. So you know what they do? Totally get rid of almost all of their videos including one of my all time favorites Razorback.. I'm dieing to get my hands on a copy of that film..

I know. You can always eBay. But I'm personally way too lazy to deal w/ eBay. Unless something's avail on like Amazon or at a local vid store, I'll wait ... lol