Topic: The Darkness Before The Dawn (my latest horror short)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/N2NOther/jacobandkat2.jpg

Hey all...My new short film, "The Darkness Before the Dawn" is now availible to view on ifilm...

http://terrorfeed.com/index.php?id=The_ … e_The_Dawn

LET IT LOAD BEFORE PLAYING.

The quality isn't the best but it's actually not that bad on iFilm...

It took me forever to get it done, so enjoy it or hate it, let me know what you think...

AND FOR BEST EXPERIENCE WEAR HEAD PHONES AND/OR TURN THE VOLUME UP!

For any Sopranos fans: the lead actress, Melanie Minichino, played Bobby's niece in the series finale...

Last edited by N2NOther (2007-07-08 21:38:38)

Re: The Darkness Before The Dawn (my latest horror short)

I liked it and the quality was good for a website. In my opinion, I would have extended de murders maybe by adding a little torture or a longer chase so that it feels like they really suffered. I don't know, it's my opinion.

Kruz wrote:

I liked it and the quality was good for a website. In my opinion, I would have extended de murders maybe by adding a little torture or a longer chase so that it feels like they really suffered. I don't know, it's my opinion.

I actually agree that I could have made the chases longer and believe me, that was the intention...BUT, it wasn't in the budget or schedule to get that done...It's the thing that most irks me about the finished film...But thanks so much for taking the time to watch it and comment...If you could point some friends to this I'd appreciate it...

Thanks so much to everyone watching...I know 14 minutes is a lot for a short film, especially in this format so I appreciate the time taken...I'd appreciate any sort of feed back...I want to grow as a filmmaker and the best way to that is through critique...Be it positive and negative...

My next short (in pre-production) is a drastically different film in tone, subject and hopefully presentation...I'll keep those of you that are interested in the know...Thanks again...

14 mins isnt long the one im makign is like 30 mins long soo dont feel bad Good job by the way it was really well done lookign froward for some more films from u

i think the length of 14mins works perfectly. I dont like shorts that are to short.

Yea I was really surprised by the caliber of actors that appeared in your short.. Impressive..

Goon wrote:

Yea I was really surprised by the caliber of actors that appeared in your short.. Impressive..

To be honest, this is the most re-occuring comment in most views of my film...I remember casting this and saying how good most of the people that auditioned were...Considering that they knew ahead of time that their only payment would be copy and credit I got some great actors...Then I think of the movies in which the actors were actually PAID and they're terrible...Amazing...There is actually quite a rich pool of good actors in NYC...I can't wait to start casting my next film...

Thanks again for the comments...

It's a good thing that there's a huge supply of actors for you. For my experiment I'll probable be having trouble finding someone that wants to do it, can do it and doesn't want a huge paycheck.

Kruz wrote:

It's a good thing that there's a huge supply of actors for you. For my experiment I'll probable be having trouble finding someone that wants to do it, can do it and doesn't want a huge paycheck.

Where do you live? You'd be surprised what an actor will do for experience...

I live in Mexico. tongue The whole movie scene isn't that big here.

Kruz wrote:

I live in Mexico. tongue The whole movie scene isn't that big here.

Bah...Be positive! If it's not so big, then you should find actors that would jump off a cliff!

I'll be positive once I get to the casting stage of it. So far I'm just complaining. wink

Bump

Thanks so much to everyone who watched my film...With Terror feed, myspace, and ifilm, my little film has been seen over 1500 times on the net...Which is SO much more than I expected from it...So thanks again...I've had to scrap my current film due to insurance issues ($$$) so it's back to the drawing board....

Last edited by N2NOther (2007-07-31 01:40:23)

At least you can make it better. Well, good luck finding financing.

Bump

Bumped again...