Topic: Can you cook?

I was just wondering if anyone here can cook and what your specialties are.

Me, I'm a bad cook.  I can make like cereal and sandwiches.  Other than that, I'm pretty much screwed unless I eat snacks and what not.

How about all you fine folks?

Re: Can you cook?

I am a pretty good cook.  I can do a variety of small dishes.

My favorite cook book is a White Castles cookbook which has a hundred or so recipes and every one calls for White Castle hamburgers as an ingredient.  smile

I like to cook bacon naked.  big_smile  sometimes I like to make a suit out of it

Last edited by eDogg2012 (2007-07-11 13:09:00)

im pretty good when i take the tiem to cook. In my hosue ever since my bro aka the cook left Ive been the cook speakign of cooking i gtg cook chicken soon big_smile hey as long as there a lil extra money in my pocket at the end fo the week Ill be fine big_smile im not the best but i do make excellent breakfast dishes thats my favorite and anythign that can be cooked on the grill i can make excellent too

I like somebody else doing the cooking..it always tastes better to me:)

I am a great cook.  Right now Michael is doing most of the cooking and fortunantly he is a great cook too.  I make a great Beef Stroganoff.  Tator tot cassarole and stir fry are also some of my signature dishes.  Of course I like tofu stir fry and I am the only one in my family that eats tofu.  I like hamburger and chicken helper too.  I also like to sautee cabbage and turkey sausage in the wok.  I am going to try my hand at red beans and rice and gumbo soon.  I love to cook.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

Tator tot cassarole and stir fry are also some of my signature dishes.

I make a pretty damn good tater tot caserole that is from the White Castle receipe book that I mentioned earlier.  It is one of my favorites!

As of right now all i know is that i only know how to use an oven, microwave, and toaster. But i know for a fact if i ever use a grill and grill different stuff, that i'm a good cook and don't even know it. But as of right now what my specialty is:

Peanut Butter and chedder cheese sandwich on toast.

And it is damn good.

i cant cook for shit. why do you think i live on takeout?

Last edited by Kill The Firstborn (2007-07-11 21:00:31)

I'm a decent cook. 

I can grill, make pizza, cake, pie, make shrimp scampi, salad, of course various sandwiches, assorted pasta dishes, omlets, cream chip beef.

I'm not gonna win any awards or anything, but I can surivie on my own.  From what I hear, to test out cooks applying for a job, some chefs have them make something with an egg because its apparently one of the easiest things to cook with yet screw up badly.

Now I'm hungry.  tongue

I'm not much of a cook either. But I make great pastas and great steaks. tongue

Fine, fine... I'm not one to brag, but my hamburgers are the shit.

i am a really good cook. if its itallian, i can cook it. my favorite dish to make is chicken parnasian and fettachuni alfredo (home made alfreado sauce) and steamed green beans. its so good. but i can cook pretty much anything. i can just never seem to get peanut butter cookies right, i laways burn those, no matter how hard i try not to... it sucks because i love those cookies.

i am a very good cook and love doing it.

I cook mostly during the week... And I can pretty much do anything I need to without getting fancy smancy.  One of my specialties is Chicken Noodle Soup.  I make the noodles and everything from scratch.  I prefer a nice thick steak on the grill to anything else though...

Microwave...........:lol:

Meh wrote:

i am a very good cook and love doing it.

Spill the beans, Meh... What's your specialties?

Meh, Downunder eveyone knows how to cook here. Spag Bol, roasts, BBQ (of course, all in low heat lads that's the trick), stir fries, etc etc.

Jethro wrote:

Spag Bol

WTF????? Maybe I am just tired since it is 4 am but whats a Spag Bol?  Spaghetti or somethin?

im gonna b cooking homemade lasigna for my gf tonight with some rolls to go with it.

Sounds great deathgate, just don't forget the wine. wink

Kruz wrote:

Sounds great deathgate, just don't forget the wine. wink

i would have some red wine with that... but im kinda only 17 and i cant buy it and my mom wont buy it for me... i allready asked big_smile

"Sparkling Apple Cider" works.  wink

I Make Most Things From Scratch And I Make All Kinds Of Food.  Lasagna, Stuffed Shells, Asian Dishes, Mexican, Barbeque...i Love It Yum Even Homeade Barbeque Sauce...etc.  I Love Food But Sometimes It Does Taste Better When Someopne Else Cooks It, Why Is That?