Topic: Help Mirthy with his Website?

Hey all!

I'm on the prowl for new employment (film work ain't THAT sexy, unless you're writing directing or acting.), and so am in the process of redoing my website.  There are a couple of bugaboos that I'm fixing this weekend (Heck you might not even recognize it come Monday) but I would love some feedback.

Please go check it at http://www.mirthquake.net  and let me know what you think.

(And if any of you coders out there have any suggestions of how to fix the "bugaboos" (you'll know 'em when you see 'em)  PM me.

Thanks all!

M

Re: Help Mirthy with his Website?

Looks pretty good, very easy to navigate at the moment.  I will have to check it out again after you make the changes. 

Oh and if I ever finish my horror screenplay, I am gonna need an animator.  wink

Pretty cool website Mirth!:cool:

I agree with these guys.  Looking good, man.  wink

hey mirth my budget is kinda pathetic but how bout a t-shirt design? Can you make me a cool shirt logo? And i can fix any code bugs you got on your site, just let me know what is haggling you. I made all that you survey here.

You need a gap between the nav bar and the page titles, a <p> tag ought to do it.

Not sure on the font and the colour.

Looking good dude smile

Thanks all! 

Meh, you have mail!

Actually, my only thing right now that my regular programmer isn't working on, is the scrolling div.  (this may take care of what Jethro mentioned.)

Right now, when there's enough content, it scrolls the top and bottom.  (you can see this from the transparency on the logo on the scrolly pages.)  I want the div to take up a percentage of the screen, no matter what the monitor size, but the overflow needs to disappear top and bottom (or at least top) as it scrolls... without masking it off with images?  Is that do-able?

rather then doing a <P> which would be a huge line break just use

<div style="padding-top:8px;">

I got your email and will hit you up on MSN.

Mirthquake wrote:

Thanks all! 

Meh, you have mail!

Actually, my only thing right now that my regular programmer isn't working on, is the scrolling div.  (this may take care of what Jethro mentioned.)

Right now, when there's enough content, it scrolls the top and bottom.  (you can see this from the transparency on the logo on the scrolly pages.)  I want the div to take up a percentage of the screen, no matter what the monitor size, but the overflow needs to disappear top and bottom (or at least top) as it scrolls... without masking it off with images?  Is that do-able?

Yeap totally. Ask at some place like sitepoint.com (have done it before but can't remember how, doesn't involve JS from memory and css comes to mind).

Pssst, think you mean "resolution" rather then "monitor size". Help run a graphics site and people can get real anal about terms used there.

Good idea by Meh above, though I would tend to create another class in the style sheet rather than inlining it.

Mirth ..... am viewing in IE 7 1024 res btw, as share a puter with my wife who has all sorts of strange development stuff loaded in FF, which shows tags and classes etc. When I get my own rig back up and running will of course revert to the latest release of FF smile Worth checking in both browsers as FF and it's derivatives have a fair slice of the market, and also in differing resolutions (if using windows right click and choose properties).

for something elaborate i would use classes. But for his needs, single use on 1 page i dont think he needs to bother learning classes. smile

Mirthi added you to my MSN list, shoot me a line on MSN.

Oh that was you?  lol

My kid was vid chatting with a friend...  I think I have you added!

And the whole thing is in CSS. So I'm familiar with classes and ID tags. But I had been trying to get something that would show right in al the browsers... and it kept breaking in IE.

Note to kids at home "Real friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer!" wink

Working in CSS can be like juggling chainsaws in that respect.

Last edited by Mirthquake (2007-07-14 16:06:59)

Big changes... Think I have the div thing fixed, and check out the gallery now!

(and is anyone on IE *not* able to see any of the content?  I've one fella on a different site who its not showing up for...)

Lemmeknow!

M

I'm using IE 6 and nothing shows up in the gallery or any other page except for the transparent header and your pic smile

Ohhhh... Expletive.

Ok, thanks.  Time to juggle chainsaws again...