Topic: For those writers out there!!!

Ive seen alot of people out there on this site who are making/writing their own horror movies. I am a writer as well and im always curious  when it comes to Indie filmmakers cuz they are sumtimes better then the big shot horror directors and i love the ideas for movies soo for those who would liek to share their ideas do it here

My newest one is to make a modern day zombie outbreak series like romero did. im writing my first movie in the series now and it sounds awesome. I gave my g/f jsut a little bit of the script and she wanted to read more of it heres a sample of it sooo far

RICH:
JAKE? WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD ARE YOU COVERED IN BLOOD?

JAKE:
UMM I KINDA KILLED A COUPLE PEOPLE

RICH:
WHOS THIS?

JAKE:
THIS IS MY GIRLFRIEND ALICE

ALICE:
NICE TO MEET YOU

RICH:
THANKS SO WHAT HAPPENED?

JAKE:
WE WERE IN MY ROOM DOING IT AND THEN MY MOM WAS DOWNSTAIRS AND I HEARD HER SCREAM

RICH:
OH MY GOD

JAKE:
SOO AS SOON AS I FINISHED AND I WENT DOWN AND SAW MY DAD EATTING HER AND THEN HE CHASED ME AND I FELL AND I PUSHED HIM DOWN THE STAIRS AND HE LANDS ON THAT MURBLE SPIKE THAT MY PARENTS HAVE THEN MY MOM STARTED CHASING ME AND SHE WAS ON TOP OF ME AND ALICE GOT MY SWORD AND CUT HER HEAD OFF AND THE BLOOD JUST LEAK ON ME.

RICH:
OFFICIALLY SICK

ALICE:
YEAH I NEVER LIKED HIS MOM

REPORTER:
WE NOW HAVE OFFICAL WORD THAT THE RECENTLY DECEASED ARE RETURNING BACK TO LIFE AND ATTACKING THE LIVING…

JAKE:
SO THIS SHIT IS FOR REAL?

Re: For those writers out there!!!

I am currently working on a screenplay for a horror film idea I have had for a while.  It is a live action/animation crossover in the style of Roger Rabbit.  I have come up with a tentative title called "Disappearing Ink"

BASIC PLOT SUMMARY:
After a bloody war between cartoons and humans, the two groups now live in harmony with each other. However, the characters of Cartoon Country begin to notice that their world is fading and think the humans are behind this.  Colors begin to disappear leading Cartoon Country to panic as it's inhabitants struggle for answers. One character, Wesley Wolverine(it's a working name), heads into the humans world to figure out why his world is disappearing.  He finds out that the colors of his world are all made from human blood and that since the murder rate is so low, the colors can not be produced.  It is up to Wesley to do whatever it takes to get the blood shed levels to rise and save Cartoon Country from ultimate destruction.

I have a second film I want to work on after I am done with this one.  My second one is a vampire horror-comedy called Re-Vamped.  The basic plot for that will revolve around a college kid as he comes to terms with finding out he is a vampire.  Not only that, but he begins to discover he is actually a reverse vampire so he can be out in the daylight, but sufferes in the darkness of night.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-14 02:44:53)

jmh314 wrote:

I am currently working on a screenplay for a horror film idea I have had for a while.  It is a live action/animation crossover in the style of Roger Rabbit.  I have come up with a tentative title called "Disappearing Ink"

BASIC PLOT SUMMARY:
After a bloody war between cartoons and humans, the two groups now live in harmony with each other. However, the characters of Cartoon Country begin to notice that their world is fading and think the humans are behind this.  Colors begin to disappear leading Cartoon Country to panic as it's inhabitants struggle for answers. One character, Wesley Wolverine(it's a working name), heads into the humans world to figure out why his world is disappearing.  He finds out that the colors of his world are all made from human blood and that since the murder rate is so low, the colors can not be produced.  It is up to Wesley to do whatever it takes to get the blood shed levels to rise and save Cartoon Country from ultimate destruction.

I have a second film I want to work on after I am done with this one.  My second one is a vampire horror-comedy called Re-Vamped.  The basic plot for that will revolve around a college kid as he comes to terms with finding out he is a vampire.  Not only that, but he begins to discover he is actually a reverse vampire so he can be out in the daylight, but sufferes in the darkness of night.

I like ur idea jmh thats pretty koool

I another idea to turn the video game Manhunt into a movie. I started writing it and then i jsut stopped. I have another idea for a sequel to my first script Im watchign you I have a pretty good idea of whats thats gonna be about but I wanted to switch to a zombie film since i didnt write one for 2 years

sickf**k wrote:

I like ur idea jmh thats pretty koool

Thanks Sick.  I figured at least it is something new and different for the horror genre.

yea its really clever animation vs the human race its gonna b like space jam but with blood and gore big_smile

I think the animation vs human thing gives a lot of free creative range too because not only can you kill people normal ways like chainsaws and stuff, but you can do some funky animation kills like drop a piano on their head and stuff like you see in cartoons.  So it gives a little more range on my creative writing possibilities and keeps the ideas flowing.

yea i see ur point u better make that movie cuz now im excited

Making the movie is gonna be the tough part.  I am not a film maker nor do I know any.  I am just writing the screenplay for fun and saving it for a rainy day on the off chance it is good enough to sell for production some time.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-14 23:28:51)

yea that movie would b insane I hope u get that into the hands of a really good director someday

Shit, I totally missed this forum.  I'm somewhat of a screenwriter, haven written a couple shorts and gotten halfway through a vampire feature, which turned out to be a little to much like "Fright Night" meets "Near Dark".  That would be cool, I know, but the resemblence was a tad bit too much, if you catch my drift.

I have a new feature that I'm going to start working on, which may seem overdone, but I think I can add something new to the mix.  The story takes place around a married couple who are mysteriously murdered in their home.  A few years later, the older couple's daughter moves into the house with her newly wed husband and son.  Needless to say, they have a creepy ass neighbor who starts stalking the family and it eventually, get's worse.  Much worse.  I'm thinking about calling it "Next Door", but I'm still undecided.  Title suggestions would be appreciated.

Again, this may seem like an overused synopsis, but it will seem different once the finished product is printed.  And I don't kid when I say this will be a balls to the walls horror flick.  I am definately not holding back on this one.  There will be blood.  Lot's of it.

Tim, you could use the house's address as a title. But I don't know, I don't consider myself a writer.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Shit, I totally missed this forum.  I'm somewhat of a screenwriter, haven written a couple shorts and gotten halfway through a vampire feature, which turned out to be a little to much like "Fright Night" meets "Near Dark".  That would be cool, I know, but the resemblence was a tad bit too much, if you catch my drift.

I have a new feature that I'm going to start working on, which may seem overdone, but I think I can add something new to the mix.  The story takes place around a married couple who are mysteriously murdered in their home.  A few years later, the older couple's daughter moves into the house with her newly wed husband and son.  Needless to say, they have a creepy ass neighbor who starts stalking the family and it eventually, get's worse.  Much worse.  I'm thinking about calling it "Next Door", but I'm still undecided.  Title suggestions would be appreciated.

Again, this may seem like an overused synopsis, but it will seem different once the finished product is printed.  And I don't kid when I say this will be a balls to the walls horror flick.  I am definately not holding back on this one.  There will be blood.  Lot's of it.

Im not too good with titles The zombie movie Im workign on still doesnt hav ea title and Im on page 40 but For your film I think "Next Door Neighbor" is a good title. I also like 'Next Door" but I would call it "Next Door Neighbor" if it was mine

"Next Door Neighbor" is better than "Next Door", I'll give you that.  I'm still deciding, but the title really doesn't matter until you've written the actual script.  And I haven't.  tongue

Kind of reminds me of The Burbs with the creepy neighbors.  I think you should go with the title "Hex Door Neighbor"

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-16 10:02:18)

Thanks for the suggestion, jmh314.  What does the synopsis have to do with a hex, though?

I dunno, I thought it was a cool play on words.....and if you look up the definition of "hex" at dictionary.com, you will see that one definition is "One that brings bad luck". So that can be kind of relavent here.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-16 10:33:50)

That's pretty neat.  I always pictured "hex" to be a spell or something along those lines.  Good stuff.  Thanks a bunch, man.

yea thats a good title jmh but Tim try to write the script b4 the title like u said that would be pretty easy to do  big_smile

Yeah the script always comes first.  When I started writing the one with the half animation, I didnt know what to call it.  Then when I went back and tried to think of a title, I went through about 10 titles before thinking of Disappearing Ink.  I thought about how this was relevant to the script and bam, it stuck!

Well, normally I just title it "Untitled" until I'm finished with the script or think of one along the way.  Since I'm on HM.CA right now, I might as well discuss titles, as I'm not writing at the moment.  I'll get to that in a bit.

I am sure you will get some good suggestions, even more so once you begin writing and more details come out.  I love coming up with interesting plays on words and intriguing titles.

Unique and interesting titles are great, but don't you love those old school titles?  Like "All Cheerleaders Must Die", "Satan's Cheerleaders", "The House On the Edge of the park", "Last House On Dead End Street", "Escape the Bronx".... Stuff like that.

Those are good too as long as it makes sense with what you got on the page it doesnt matter.  The problem with old-school titles like those though that sometimes people expect them to suck for having such a cheesy title and dont give them a chance.

That's true.  I forgot to take note that this is the year 2007 and NOT the early 70's... People wouldn't take a title like that seriously.