Topic: fantasy football

we had a league last year over at RH and I was thinking of making one for just HM if we have enough players, granted we don't have many fb fans here but I just wanted to throw a post to see what kind of feedback I would get Rip did say he was interested in trying it this year.  I think a 8 team league would work but the only prize would be a copy of Rob zombie Halloween DVD for 1st place 2nd place a copy of MJadden 07 for PS2 and 3rd a copy of Saw original

Horrormovies.ca Fantasy Football League

1. Goldenwarrior
2. Kruz
3. jmh314

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-07-23 08:34:57)

Re: fantasy football

i made this a sticky.. let me know if it doesnt work out and i will un-stikc it.

Meh wrote:

i made this a sticky.. let me know if it doesnt work out and i will un-stikc it.

cool I appreciate at that Meh, Thanks and if anyone is unsure how to play I will be posting a link from yahoo later, I am on my PS3 and can't copy cut paste at the moment, and I don't really need 8 members to commit to play I can get a few players if need be but if anyone is interested please lmk but remember the season is 5 months long and I need you to be there for the long haul.   thanks

I'm in, just don't complain to our moderators once I start winning. tongue

Kruz wrote:

I'm in, just don't complain to our moderators once I start winning. tongue

cool glad to have you aboard I came in 3rd last year but I did luck out drafting Brees and Colston in the later rounds.

this is what I am thinking of as far as a roster

QB
HB
HB
TE
WR
WR
K
Defense

there are diferent point systems but the default one is

Offensive statistics and point modifiers:

Every 25 passing yards: 1 point
Each passing TD: 4 points
Each interception thrown: -1 points
Every 10 rushing yards: 1 point
Each rushing TD: 6 points
Every 10 receiving yards: 1 point
Each receiving TD: 6 points
Each return TD: 6 points
Each Off Fum Ret TD: 6 points
Each 2-point conversion: 2 points
Each fumble lost: -2 points

Kicking statistics and point modifiers:

Field goal 0-19 yards: 3 points
Field goal 20-29 yards: 3 points
Field goal 30-39 yards: 3 points
Field goal 40-49 yards: 4 points
Field goal 50+ yards: 5 points
Each extra point: 1 point

Defensive statistics and point modifiers:

Each sack: 1 point
Each interception: 2 points
Each fumble recovery: 2 points
Each TD: 6 points
Each safety: 2 points
Each blocked kick: 2 points
Shutout: 10 points
1-6 points allowed: 7 points
7-13 points allowed: 4 points
14-20 points allowed: 1 point
21-27 points allowed: 0 points
28-34 points allowed: -1 points
35+ points allowed: -4 points

for more questions you can go to the link below and type in what you need.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/football/rules/

BTW I am thinking of having a live draft sometime in late August early Sept.

I don't know how to play these fantasy games. I don't wanna some like a moron but I would play it if I knew how to.

RIP wrote:

I don't know how to play these fantasy games. I don't wanna some like a moron but I would play it if I knew how to.

its up to you no big deal if you don't want to but if you want to try it gimme a hollar.

Is this a yahoo league?

goldenwarrior wrote:
RIP wrote:

its up to you no big deal if you don't want to but if you want to try it gimme a hollar.

If you could explain how to play it in an email then I might join it if's it's not to hard to play.

If this is a yahoo league I will join ya guys

RIP wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:
RIP wrote:

If you could explain how to play it in an email then I might join it if's it's not to hard to play.

Its pretty simple once yopu set your starting line up, I was out of town on Sat sorry I didn't reply but I will send you a email later.

jmh314 wrote:

If this is a yahoo league I will join ya guys

yeah its yahoo there is a link above about the rules, glad to have ya aboard, once we get a few more players I will be posting a draft date I am assuming weekend would work the best but I will wait until we get a few more players.

I always play yahoo leagues.  I have 2 yahoo names and I was so bored last year I had the max of 4 teams per user name.  So I had 8 teams last year....and I eneded up winning 3 of them and finishing runner up in 2.  I had a hell of a year last year.

just a update since we don't have a lot of FF fans here we are going combine with reelhorror, we currently have 9 as of now and I beleive we need 1 more player to start the league I am just waiting on CoronaZombie to get that final spot, here is the link if you want to check out the scoring system.

http://forum.reelhorror.com/showthread.php?t=11685

I would definetly join. I don't really care about the point system although I usually play with NFL.com. BTW, I CRUSHED (yes, all capitals) my opponents last season. I got Manning, Brees, Tory Holt, Bears D, K Winslow and I don't remember who else. I didn't lose a single game, definetly hope I get that lucky this time. big_smile

League is full once I get the League ID I will be pming you guys the information, Draft starts at 8pm on August 31st (Central time) if you can't be there be sure to pre set your players so you get the ones you want.

Kruz wrote:

I would definetly join. I don't really care about the point system although I usually play with NFL.com. BTW, I CRUSHED (yes, all capitals) my opponents last season. I got Manning, Brees, Tory Holt, Bears D, K Winslow and I don't remember who else. I didn't lose a single game, definetly hope I get that lucky this time. big_smile

Most of who we have are really decent players we have a couple rookies from last year but the majority have been player for quite a few years now, Brees was a good pick I drafted him myself, but this year he is rated above Manning in some drafts.

by time the draft starts we should know who the starters are on all teams.

Good Luck Kruz

I'll be waiting for the draft date. wink

BTW, good luck to you too.

Ok its set I am already registered there my team is the Bushwackers

I will send league number and pw too Kruz and jmh314 via pm just register when you get a chance guys.

jmh314  your pms are full

Done. Go Ghouls!

goldenwarrior wrote:

I didnt know PMs could get full.  Problem Solved though.  Send away

jmh314 wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:

Oh yeah they certainly can get full, I had a problem deleting mine a while back so mine stayed full for the longest time.

Anyways I sent it good luck guys.

goldenwarrior wrote:
jmh314 wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:

Oh yeah they certainly can get full, I had a problem deleting mine a while back so mine stayed full for the longest time.

Anyways I sent it good luck guys.

I'm up and running.....lets only hope I can make it to the draft....or that I remember to do the draft.  lol

I take it you are the Bushwackers golden?  lol, I cant wait to draft his ass before you just tospite you.  Not only that but draft him and never play him.