Topic: Bonds Grand Jury Indictment Delayed!!!! BULLCRAP!

For those of you sports fans out there, Barry Bond's possible grand jury indictment for the BALCO case has been delayed AGAIN.  I just think that is such BULLSHIT!  I mean isnt it a little convenience that with him being close to the homerun record, and with a decision looming they all of a sudden delay it?  Dont you think that is a little convenient?  Not to mention they stated that it will be about a 6 month delay, but they said the U.S. Attorney's office is confident it will have enough evidence to secure an indictment by then.  They really need another 6 months to indict his ass??  Come on, quit stalling and get this shit straightened out.  Homerun record or not, they need to keep dragging there feet and get this shit over and done with!  I mean, how long did it take to get an Indictment on Michael Vick?  A month, maybe two?  I just hate our fucking Justice System.

Re: Bonds Grand Jury Indictment Delayed!!!! BULLCRAP!

our entire system (i think) needs to be redone to where its EQUAL TREATMENT FOR EVERYONE. i dont give a damn if your famous or if your a cop or a politician, if you break the law, you get sent to jail. it happens all the fuking time, look at dick Chaney, he shot his friend in the face witha 12 guage shot gun and he didnt even get arrested. if i go and shoot my friend in the face with a shotgun, weather or not they press charges, im gonna go to jail for shooting someone. everyone should be treated equaly according to the constitution, then y isnt eveyone?

oh to be a celebrity murderer.. I could kill just about anyone and get away with it. Barry Bonds is a joke.... he breaks the record it means nothing.

I have never liked Barry Bonds and that steroid freak doesn't deserve to break Hank Aaron's home run record.

Looks like I may be alone on this one.  I in fact am a HUGE San Franciso Giants fan.  I am happy to know that Barry Bonds is indeed going to break the homerun record and that it will be a Giant that does it. 

How about innocent until proving guilty.  This entire steroid investigation has been nothing more than a witch hunt in my opinion.  If Bonds was the picture boy of the MLB and not a jerk for the first 15 years of his career, than this would not have the magnitude it does today. 

Everybody got bigger.  Not just Barry.  He never tested positive for anything.  I don't think that he said/she said is enough to warrant an asterick.  Rafael Palmiero said he never took steroids.  He lied.  He got caught.  He needs an asterick.  He deserves to be locked out of Cooperstown for ever.  Until the day they prove that Bonds took steroids, I am standing by his side.

Now the tax evasion thing... your on your own Barry!!

don't go in the woods wrote:

How about innocent until proving guilty.

Um so an admission that he used the cream and the clear back in court doesnt count for anything?  I know he said he thought they were muscle creams or whatever, but the fact that he testified that he did indeed use those products at one point should count for something.

so maybe he admitted to using something he that he was unaware was a steroid.  he never tested positive for anything.  he basically beat the system.  with that said, he can't be legitimately accused of using.  for all he knew, the stuff could have been moisturizing lotion.

i don't know.  i guess only time will tell what will come of all of this.  we'll see.

I could careless about Barry Bonds. I never liked him and never will. Don't have any respect for him. He's a selfish, steriod taking, asshole. All he cares about is himself. And if i believe for one second that Barry Bonds doesn't take steriods, then O.J. Simpson really didn't do it. Oh yeah and I don't like baseball at all. And if i do watch it, it only comes if there's a Chicago team in the playoffs.

don't go in the woods wrote:

so maybe he admitted to using something he that he was unaware was a steroid.  he never tested positive for anything.  he basically beat the system.  with that said, he can't be legitimately accused of using.  for all he knew, the stuff could have been moisturizing lotion.

i don't know.  i guess only time will tell what will come of all of this.  we'll see.

I always find it hard to believe that athletes dont know what type of products they are using or putting on/in their body.  They all have trainers and nutrisionist and stuff but yet they routinely fuck up and say "I didnt know".  I find it hard to believe.....

The only reason he beat the system is because they didnt start severely testing for roids until after the big epidemic was exposed.  I'd like to borrow Doc Browns time machine and test him about 5 years ago when his head grew to the size of a Mardi Gras costume.....

Oh and this whole thing would have been an issue if Griffey Jr didnt have those injury shortened seasons, cause he would have been the one breaking the record soon enough.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-26 12:22:25)

I agree with your point on Griffey Jr.  Unfortunately, he has spend a good portion of the last several years on the DL.

Here is something sort of fishy.  In Bonds' contract, in order for the last year (2006) of his previous contract to be honored, he would need a minimum of 500 plate appearances in 2005.  In lieu of all of the steroid issues on the rise, the Giants GM Sabean waived that clause at the conclusion of the 2004 season.  Then Bonds didn't play the majority of the 2005 season.  That seems to me like the Giants new something, and to keep him off the field would give him time to "clean up" and not test positive for anything.  That also guaranteed that he would remain a Giant and break the record there, not some other city.

Just a thought