Re: Quentin Tarantino

No need to apologize Wayne.  In case you haven't noticed, this site seems to be pretty torn right down the middle on Eli Roth and lots of arguments are started about him.  I'm a fan of his and I'm always up for a good debate about him.

One thing I could never understand is the pure hatred that some people seem to have for him.  I can respect things like "I don't like his movies because I thought they were boring or crappy" and point out the reasons why.  Opinions are always differentiate on those.  But the pure animosity that some people have for the guy is very intriguing to me.  Where does it come from?  From the things I've read about him and interviews I've seen, he doesn't seem like a horrid person, so where is the dislike coming from?

i personally just dont like his movies. i they they are boring and the special effects look like there from the 50's. i also think the storyline to Cabin fever was just plain stupid.

My complaint with Cabin Fever was that it felt too much like a tip of the hat to so many other movies, that it never had its own identity.  On the other hand, I was a huge fan of Hostel, and I still think it's one of the more clever horror films in the past decade, although I know there a lot of people who disagree.  Hostel 2 covered too much of the same ground without doing anything different enough for me to feel like I was having a new film-going experience.  Al in all, it will be interesting to see how a young filmmaker like Roth matures.  Will he be the next Carpenter and grow into making a classic, or the next Val Lewton and peak with his early films?

thats will be interseting, i will definately keep an eye on him, weather or not i like his movies, ill keep my eyes open and see if i start to like his newer movies any better

We've gotten to sidetracked with Eli Roth.  This thread is dedicated to Quentin Tarantino.  I'm sorry for contributing, but lets get back on topic.  Shall we?  smile

it seems that every topic can somehow be sidetracked to Roth or Boll, its kinda amusing

What I am sorry for is being wrong on my facts about Roth. If I am going to condem or praise I need to be right. And since my being wrong in my facts might cause Roth to be looked on poorly I need to say sorry. I may not like the man or his films but he did make them on his own

It's all good, man.  We all make mistakes.  After all, we're human.  Well... Maybe not RIP, but for the majority of users on here.  tongue

who the hell is boll?

Uwe Boll, he directed House of the Dead and Bloodrayne and several other crap movies

adamroddis wrote:

who the hell is boll?

Man, it's a good thing you haven't heard of that guy.

Uwe Boll is a GOD of film if only for the naughty bits on House of the Dead!