Topic: World War Z

Hey guys.. I havent' bought this book yet but I wondering how it was? Well that is if anyone here has read it. I haven't read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks yet but I do own it so I'll be getting around to it soon..

Right now I'm tied up reading Jack Ketchums Off Season.. Decent story so far though I am a little burnt out on inbred cannibals.. Well let me know how World War Z.. Also does anyone know when it will be released in paperback?

Re: World War Z

"World War Z" is already released in paperback.  I'm not sure about in stores, but I know you can order it off Amazon.

I still haven't read it yet.  "The Zombie Survival Guide" was a fun book, so I figure this next one will be the same.

i'm sure Banes and Nobles has WWZ

Hmm yea I have looked in book stores and I haven't seen the paperback which I thought was odd.. I'll have to check again when I head out there..

I have been waiting for paperback as well, it's hard to lug around a big ass hardcover copy of something. The zobie survival guide is a great book, funny and entirely entertaining, I can only hope that World War Z shows the same smarts that the survival guide had

I ahve the hardcover and I will say this....i never finished it....I dont know why, i just couldnt keep my attention on it.  Maybe it was my ADD and since it was wrote as a whole collection of journal enteries and news stories, maybe I couldnt stay focused on the short subjects.  But for whatever reason I gave up and started a different book.

No, JMH, it's not just you.  I read it and found it difficult to get through.  It was slow moving, especially for a zombie apocalypse novel.  I didn't read the first book yet, but I'm assuming it's a lot more thrilling.

The first book isn't really a story.. Its a faux survival guide.. Just really comedic..

ok then.  hmm  guess I'll find reading jollies elsewhere.

The funny thing is i started reading it last month and haven't read it again since then. I seriously need to finish it.

BDD, maybe if you look at it like a collection of short stories... it's a bit less of a commitment, and you don't really have to worry about keeping track of characters.  That's how it reads, anyway.

Yeah i do completely understand where you are coming from. It is definitely hard to keep track of the characters. But actually how i look at this is that the book is pretty much people telling their own sides of the stories to exactly what they experienced with the outbreak and what they saw and did and also what was happening to them. And i know that's exactly what the book is and what i have read i've enjoyed.

I think there was only one instance where someone showed up in more than one story.  btw I've been wanting to check out your demo, but my home net connection is murderously slow, so I'm waiting for my next cafe' visit with wireless.

Oh ok cool. Just whenever you have the chance to check it out. It's not going anywhere. I can sure you of that.

save yourself the trouble of reading it and just buy the audio book on 4 cds.i went and bought the hardback book and the cds i,unlike most here, enjoyed the book (obviously since i bought the audio too) but if it isnt your thing book wise the audio should do you well since its a real cast consisting of voices like mark hamill,henry rollins,alan alda,carl reiner and jurgen prochnow. im a pretty big reader of zombie apocalypse books so my attention is pretty hooked even if the book isnt the best.the best way to explain this book is its simply an after action report-a collection of interviews that were collected after official hostilities has ended with the undead.

Last edited by skincarver (2007-07-29 06:18:01)

I loved it myself. I thought it well done.