Topic: Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

aahhh yes more Freddy vs Jason vs Ash rumors surface.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6546.html

Re: Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

I honestly liked Freddy vs Jason.  I didnt hate it like a lot of people did.  It wasnt my favorite movie, but yes its definentally worth a buy I would say.  The only way I could stand a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash film is if Bruce Campbell himself was playing Ash.  But after reading a past interview with Campbell himself, he confirmed that he wont be playing Ash.  That is a major major downside.  Without Bruce Campbell as Ash, you can count me out.

I have to agree I did like Freddy vs Jason.  I have to admit it was better than Alien vs Predator.  And I completely agree that Campbell should play Ash...imo, he is the only one who can.

No Chin....no FvJvA for me.

Well.... without Bruce i think they should just stick with a Freddy vs Jason 2. The first one to me was a new horror classic, And i honestly can't think of a better vs movie, Sure it had its faults, But for the most part it was good gory horror fun.

Okay, now we need a "Best 'X vs. Y' Movie" topic...  great idea Norrock!

I would love to see a FvsJvsA movie but unfortunately I don't think it will happen. I think they will do something with the whole "vs" but what I have no idea.. Hopefully something good..

They should bring Leatherface or Michael Myers into the vs films.  I mean, those two are also true slashers as well as Freddy and Jason.  It could be some fun.

Yea Myers has been brought up several times but it would have to be a cross studio project which definetly would not work.. Especially with how protective the Akkads are with Michael.. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see it though!

I have to agree with all of you, no Bruce forget it. I think they should just do Freddy and Jason VS everyone. Wouldn't it be coll to see those two take on.....say a military platoon or maybe a special forces group with some hapless teens caught in the middle?

You know for awhile there was a rumour going around that they were going to do something like that but they were going to use ALL of the cult icons.. Michael Myers, Leatherface, Chucky, Pinhead, the Tall Man.. But than I think they realised it would be way too costly and too hard to get all the rights to those characters..

I would like to see a new Icon, you know what they could do would be create someone who thinks they are more of a bad ass then either one of the two and have him resurrect Freddy and Jason to prove himself, That would work, they would be using the Freddy vs Jason to make money and at the same time startin a whole new series of films with the new guy. I don't know what do you guys and gals think?

Moonface! If you have seen Don Coscarellis Incident On and Off A Mountain Road you would know why.. That character is so bad ass in that Masters of Horror episode. They actually talked abuot it in the commentary a bit.. But I would really love to see that guy get his own feature length film..

oh yea, he was uber cool

im writing this script that has a new character in it im not sure wat i want him to do but when i get done it ill show it to u guys

Nice, am looking forward to it Sick, key is to write what you love. If you love gore then go balls out, whatever it is stick to it.

Moonface would simply be badass in a vs movie with some other horror icons along his side.  Although, I have high hopes for this Leslie Vernon fellow in Behind the Mask.  I am very excited about that film.

Moonface...I can't agree more....perfect choice.  Hell Michael and the others have survived worst so why not Moonface?  Definatly he could kick ass.

On the Halloween 25 Years of Terror DVD Clive Barker notes that he and John Carpenter at one point discussed doing a Michael vs Pinhead movie with Barker writing a Carpenter directing.  THAT would be a match.

That would be a serious thing to look forward to.  Barker and Carpenter are two masters of horror and would be a great duo a lot like King and Romero.  I really wish they would do that now.  I wonder why theres no sign of it?

Yea.. Barker and Carpenter would be great.. Pit two horror icons against each other with two horror icons behind the lense.. Could it get any better?

As far as Romero and King are concerned I know Romero said he was gonna do From a Buick 8.. I don't know what happened with that but it was announced awhile back.

From the Halloween 25YoT DVD the rep from Dimension (i think this is the one that holds the rights to Halloween) said that the idea is cool but they feel there is still life left in the Halloween series.

IMO...when you remake the original...there is no life left.  Let Barker and Carpenter conspire to make Michael vs Pinhead and you get an awesome blend of horror, action and of course...S&M tongue

Yeah I haven't heard much on Buick 8.  I also haven't heard much about Diamond Dead and The Ill (vampire movie).

Yea it would have been Miramax most likely on that DVD.. Because now the Weinstein Co. own them.. Yea when you come down to the only thing you can do is remake the original you pretty much admit you are out of new ideas..

I just don't see how that would work though, Michael would really be no contest for Pinhead and his minions. I agree though if you think the next best step for a series is a re-imaging then the idea has become stale. Have you guys heard of a comic named Hack/Slash, that might be an easy way to tie in some of these characters. I had heard they we doing a film of the comic but I haven't see any new lately.

I think it could be cool and it would just be Michael and Pinhead.  Evil never dies you know.  I would have to put my money on Michael.

Right you are Golden.  Evil never dies.  I would love to see those two go at it.

I agree, don't go counting Michael out just yet. I mean that guy's been shot in the face, burned, ran over, tossed from rooftops, bludgeoned and etc. Pinhead has some moves of his own though, so Michael would definitely be dealing with one hell of an opponent. As for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, Ash would kick both of their pruny asses. I don't care how logistically possible it is, Ash owns all.