Topic: Bloodrayne anyone?

Anyone here a fan of either the Bloodrayne movie or video game?  I'm a big fan of both and was excited to find out that director Uwe Boll has directed a sequel!  I overheard at work at umgd that the DVD release date is September 19th.  Anyone else looking forward to this?

Re: Bloodrayne anyone?

ummmm... no. Uwe Boll in my oppinion is one of the worst directors of our day. the only reason i enjoied any of his movies was because i was on drugs at the time... although Blodreign didnt stray too far from the game storyline, it still wasnt that great of a movie, and a sequel coming out... not looking foreward to it. boll is almost as bad as Roth, close, but not quit that bad.

u think boll is better then roth? Thats unbeleiveable man. Wiht roths movies u could understand them better and its not a stupid storyline either

i can understand Bolls movies, but Roth.... ugg, i just cant stand his movies

well, i played the game a couple times and liked it. but i havent seen (and dont plan to see) the movie

I've enjoyed the game.  The movie, I didn't approach with the intent of getting Grade A horror, I just watched it for B vampire cheese.  And I wasn't disappointed.

I also think Boll has improved as a director since HOUSE OF THE DEAD.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-08-01 21:58:58)

I'm not a fan of the game or the movie.

ewww, no thanks.  Next topic please.  lol

PS- I lvoe how we were able to work Roth into yet another thread......maybe if we stop talking about him it will help him just fade away.

Well, it'll be a good thing if we can stop talking about him, because all it ever leads to is a pointless argument.

But, I'll always support him.  wink

it is kinda funny that pretty much at any time or any pace, Roth can be brought up...

So, back to Bloodrayne......

Lets hope it is one film they dont make a sequel of these days.

yes i agree. it dosnt need a sequel, as the sequel game wasnt all that good.

Lame movie and I haven't played the game, it didn't get my attention.

Isn't a sequel in the works?

^ Does it really matter?

Yup there is:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_8770.html

According to a snipet I heard from Boll a few months ago, he said that if II does sells well that a third and final Bloodrayne set in WW2 will be made.

Well, chances are it will bomb, so I don't think we will have to worry about that.  lol

Uwe Boll and Eli Roth should both be tortured for even trying to think that they could direct a horror film, lol.:lol:

Bloodrayne was probably Boll's best attempt at making a horror film but it still was shitty to me. The only thing that I even liked in the film was the sex scene with the hot looking lead actress......the rest of the film stunk it up worse than when I have a bad case of diarrhea.:lol:

even though this movie is definitely over-the-top it's entertaining in a very specific way.  if anyone else is interested in getting exclusive info on the movie you might want to consider signing up for the street team--it's pretty cool: ufanz.com/teams/uweboll

Well, I wouldn't be so sure TiM.  The first film sold over $20million dollars worth of DVDs here in the USA.  And if Ulli Lommel can keep making films and Michael Bay produce shitty remakes, I'm sure Bloodrayne Ii will do well. 

I'm definatly picking it up.

I might be a little unjust here but I watched about 10 minutes of this and switched it off. A total non event where doing the washing looked like being more entertaining.

RIP wrote:

Uwe Boll and Eli Roth should both be tortured for even trying to think that they could direct a horror film, lol.:lol:

Bloodrayne was probably Boll's best attempt at making a horror film but it still was shitty to me. The only thing that I even liked in the film was the sex scene with the hot looking lead actress......the rest of the film stunk it up worse than when I have a bad case of diarrhea.:lol:

You claim to hate Roth and Boll so much, yet you own their films on DVD.  Why is that?  Are you a closet fan?  I thought so.

I wonder how the producers decided on this.
"You know, we lost over twenty million on the first movie and that's just not enough. There has to be a way we can lose more"

"Well, we could always make a sequel"

"Brilliant!"

i was so disspoainted in Alone in the Dark i skipped Bloodrayne I think it looked horrid. It amazes me how a director can totally destroy a film even with a great cast. I should probably add that  I actualy enjoyed House of the Dead, it was a campy zombie flick.

Actually TW, Bloodrayne made over 20million on the DVD apparently last I checked.  So, they made back budget and a bit of profit.

I thought ALONE IN THE DARK was decent, could have been better if Tara Reid wasn't in it.  It was better than HOUSE OF THE DEAD imo.