Topic: Da Bears.....the greatest thing since Jimi Hendrix?

ESPN's NFL Guru, John Clayton, just did a report on the Bears training camp.  He has been going around watching all the teams at camp and some of the highlights he had to say about Da Bears include:

"I came to the Bears training camp and I'm writing offense. That's right, offense. "

"So far, Chicago's offense has been the best thrill ride in the summer tour of training camps."

"Watching him(Hester) run routes is like listening to old Jimi Hendrix records -- explosive, exciting and unpredictable."

"Garret Wolfe, meanwhile, brings a Dave Meggett-type option to the offense. He catches the ball well and is quick"

"All of the sudden, the Bears, who usually look as slow and methodical as a Big Ten offense, have speed and lighting-like scoring ability."

There is too much good stuff  in the article to post it all.  For you naysayers out there, I suggest checking out the WHOLE article. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc … id=2956884

All I can say is............... DA BEARS!

Re: Da Bears.....the greatest thing since Jimi Hendrix?

That has to be one of the greatest articles i have ever read. And it is true. Da Bears all the way this upcoming season and their ring is going to look alot better than the ones that they got for the NFC Championship that they won last season. B/c the truth is that they will be getting the Super Bowl rings. And BTW Jim: This upcoming Sunday will be family night at Soldier Field which only costs $5 and it's General Admission and you can sit anywhere you want. But here's the details for it:

http://www.chicagobears.com/events/2007FamilyNight.asp

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

And BTW Jim: This upcoming Sunday will be family night at Soldier Field which only costs $5 and it's General Admission and you can sit anywhere you want.

The fact that he said the Bears offense is the best thrill ride of the summer camps, that just gives me the chills. 

Yeah I know about that.  Soldier field is a 15-20 minute walk from my condo.  But since it is also Lollapalooza all weekend and my work is one of the VIP Party headquarters, I am stuck at work all night for celeb parties Sunday Night(Fri and Sat too).

Well i'm definitely going to go to Soldier Field this Sunday to check it out with my buddies. Note: This is going to be my first time in my life that i going to be at Soldier Field. So with that i'm so god damn excited to go and supporting the Bears, i'm wearing my replica Walter Payton jersey where the numbers are raised.

Soldier field is really nice inside.  I like the old historic version better, but the updated one is nice.  And expect the city to be busy because of Lollapalooza, but since you arent making it north of the stadium I think u should be ok

Yeah i know but hey it's better to have a shit load of people there than no people and also what helps is that i'll be with my buddies too. But just the whole experience is what i basically care about.

Well if half of what John Clayton said in his article is true, your day on Sunday could be one hell of an exciting and entertaining day!

Atlanta Falcons rule!!!!!:P

Clayton the egghead is a bandwagoner he hops on any fairweather team he can he did that with the Saints last year and was all over the Bucs and Panthers the year before and we all know what happened to the Bucs.

Even when he praises the Saints I did not get caught up in it.

Its kind of funny to mention Offense and the Bears in the same sentence that article did make me laugh, I will give the Bears all the props for being a good denfense but there no way they will have no better than a average offense if even that especially with their quarterback, you can a great offense but if you have a awful quarterback like the one you have that won't matter.

Saints had the best offense last year and it will be the same this year.

The only reason the saints were the "best" offense last year was becasue they base that off yards per game.  Ok, so you guys put up a lot of yards per game.  But you guys were only 5th in Points and Points per Game.  I think the offenses that score more average points should be how they determine the offense ranking.  Yards mean nothing if you cant put up the points to back it up.  Look at it this way: your guys "best offense" scored 413 points, but your defense allowed 322.  Thats only a 91 point difference.  The Bears scored 427 points and allowed 255.  Thats a 172 point difference.  So even if you were the"best" offense, you still couldnt score with the best of them, and your defense was middle of the pack. 

And besides, what good was your "best" offense when you cant beat the #5 overall defense.  (Yes, the bears D ended the season at #5 overall)

And i think they concentrated to much on Reggie Bush also to make the big plays.

jmh314 wrote:

The only reason the saints were the "best" offense last year was becasue they base that off yards per game.  Ok, so you guys put up a lot of yards per game.  But you guys were only 5th in Points and Points per Game.  I think the offenses that score more average points should be how they determine the offense ranking.  Yards mean nothing if you cant put up the points to back it up.  Look at it this way: your guys "best offense" scored 413 points, but your defense allowed 322.  Thats only a 91 point difference.  The Bears scored 427 points and allowed 255.  Thats a 172 point difference.  So even if you were the"best" offense, you still couldnt score with the best of them, and your defense was middle of the pack. 

And besides, what good was your "best" offense when you cant beat the #5 overall defense.  (Yes, the bears D ended the season at #5 overall)

I don't think your defense had anything to do with why the Saints lost it was because of homefield advantage, there is not many teams that can win a Championship game on the road in the snow.

And the point difference would be the same if the Saints played the Lions twice a year.

goldenwarrior wrote:

I don't think your defense had anything to do with why the Saints lost it was because of homefield advantage, there is not many teams that can win a Championship game on the road in the snow.

And the point difference would be the same if the Saints played the Lions twice a year.

Blah blah blah, bitch bitch bitch.   lol It is always easy to make excuses for why you lost and cant own up to the fact you guys just got out played by a better team.  We dont play in the snow year round.  And you guys had a chance to practice in the cold and snow leading up to the game, so it's not like it was any big surprise.  But if thats what you want to keep telling yourself to justify an ass whoopin, i am not gonna stop ya.

Stop arguing, the AFC is way too loaded for any of your teams to win. tongue

Actually the Atlanta Falcons had the best rushing offense last year and were number 1 in rushing in the whole NFL. Michael Vick had over 1,000 yds rushing, Warrick Dunn had like 1,300 or more yards rushing, and rookie Jervious Norwood had over 700 yds rushing.

Last edited by RIP (2007-08-02 14:26:10)

jmh314 wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:

Blah blah blah, bitch bitch bitch.   lol It is always easy to make excuses for why you lost and cant own up to the fact you guys just got out played by a better team.  We dont play in the snow year round.  And you guys had a chance to practice in the cold and snow leading up to the game, so it's not like it was any big surprise.  But if thats what you want to keep telling yourself to justify an ass whoopin, i am not gonna stop ya.

typical Bear fan, I can see why a lot of the Bears fans were making fun of Katrina over a football game.

your team earned it thats true but winning a championship game on the road in the snow did have some part in it as well.

Bears win 20-19 vs Texans tonight.  Grossman was sharp completeing his first 8 passes going 8-10 for 50 yards.  Our defense held strong, even without Urlacher and Tommie Harris who didnt even suit up.  Robbie Gould looked in mid-season form as he hit a 48yrd FG with about 35 seconds to play for the win.  Hell, even Kyle Orton was impressive, finishing 16-25 for 151 yrds and a TD. At one point he even completed 12 straight passes. 

Overall, decent start to the preseason....it's better than 0-2 with a terrible look defense....*cough* Saints *cough*

jmh314 wrote:

Bears win 20-19 vs Texans tonight.  Grossman was sharp completeing his first 8 passes going 8-10 for 50 yards.  Our defense held strong, even without Urlacher and Tommie Harris who didnt even suit up.  Robbie Gould looked in mid-season form as he hit a 48yrd FG with about 35 seconds to play for the win.  Hell, even Kyle Orton was impressive, finishing 16-25 for 151 yrds and a TD. At one point he even completed 12 straight passes. 

Overall, decent start to the preseason....it's better than 0-2 with a terrible look defense....*cough* Saints *cough*

all I can say is you played a team that passed on Reggie Bush, Saints can go 0-5 it wouldn't bother me none as long as they look liked they did last night.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-08-11 23:38:04)

LOL, the Texans are a horrible team.:lol:

AS much as I like the Bears They must deal with the Tank Johnson BS and other like issues.
Grossman is overrated as QB.

Actually the whole Tank Johnson situation, the Bears got over him and replaced him as soon as they got rid of him. So the only team that needs to deal with a players BS is purely simple. Atlanta Falcons and Michael Vick. Thank god the Bears don't have to deal with him.

Wayne50 wrote:

AS much as I like the Bears They must deal with the Tank Johnson BS and other like issues.
Grossman is overrated as QB.

Yeah considering we cut Tank Johnson and signed Darwin Walker for 5 years, I think we're all set.  Darwin walker is better than Tank anyways.

Da Bears stink PERIOD!

Falcons rule!:lol:

Yeah and Da Bears won last night and the Falcons lost on Friday.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah and Da Bears won last night and the Falcons lost on Friday.

Yeah, you guys played the Texans.......they are about as bad as the Lions.:lol: