Re: Da Bears.....the greatest thing since Jimi Hendrix?

Yeah but like i've been saying. I could careless about the preseason. Yeah i watch it. But it doesn't really mean a whole lot. All it is is that the preseasons they barely play their starters and they play more of the rookies. Yeah you see if the new players are good or not. If they can run, block, or throw. But overall, the real football begins when the regular season begins. End of story.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah but like i've been saying. I could careless about the preseason. Yeah i watch it. But it doesn't really mean a whole lot. All it is is that the preseasons they barely play their starters and they play more of the rookies. Yeah you see if the new players are good or not. If they can run, block, or throw. But overall, the real football begins when the regular season begins. End of story.

That's why the Falcons lost the other night cause we played mostly our 2nd and 3rd strings lol and even 5 of our starters didn't even play.:lol:

I bet you a dvd now that the Falcons have a better record this year in regular season than da Bears will....................wanna bet.......do I smell a chicken, lol?:lol:

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah and Da Bears won last night and the Falcons lost on Friday.

Yeah, you guys played the Texans.......they are about as bad as the Lions.:lol:

Um RIP, hate to break it to you, but the Texans arent terrible.  They only won one less game than your falcons last year.  You guys weer 7-9, the Texans were 6-10. 

And the Saints lost to Buffalo have no RB and were a shitty 7-9 last year.  So Golden cant really talk about beating a shitty team cause their defense couldnt even hold a shitty buffalo team.

jmh314 wrote:
RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Um RIP, hate to break it to you, but the Texans arent terrible.  They only won one less game than your falcons last year.  You guys weer 7-9, the Texans were 6-10. 

And the Saints lost to Buffalo have no RB and were a shitty 7-9 last year.  So Golden cant really talk about beating a shitty team cause their defense couldnt even hold a shitty buffalo team.

Well Justin, it seems like you migth some bet a dvd with me then this year sometime on some NFL games..........c'mon on.....I gotta win some dvds from somebody on here?:lol:

Tank was allowed to stay with the Bears far longer then he should have been and that is where those issue are.
And Preseaon games mean nothing

^ I still think the Tank issues are over since he is gone and they replaced him with a far better player.

jmh314 wrote:
RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Bills only had 19 yards midway into the 2nd quarter thats when the 1st teamers left the field, Saints had around 132 yards. The Steelers were a pretty bad team last year and they had a good game against us last week, its preseason I don't really care who wins, all I want is a injury free preseason.

Bears beat Colts 27 to 24.   It was a little sloppy, and Bad Rex was out with a lost fumble and a Interception in the first 2 series.  In his defense, the fumble was a great defensive play, and the interception was a semi-poor route by Rashied Davis.  I may be defending him, but I still dont think he is our franchise QB.

Some stand out performances were rookie running back Garrett Wolfe and "White Rice" Mike Haas.  Also a nice goal line stop early on by our #1 defense against there #1 offense

Chris Leak looks terrible and his ass needs to get cut.  RB's Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson also underperformed.  I think Wolfe will be our #2 RB by mid season.

Rex Grossman stunk it up for ya'll though by throwing an interception and fumbling the ball constantly.:lol:

There's a Bears fan that I work with and I'm a Bengals fan.  Last year he said, and I quote:

"I bet you guys are really kicking yourselves in the ass for not taking Grossman over Palmer now."

Seriously, what delusional drugs do you give your fans up there?

And as for preseaon, the Colts are 1-10 or something like that in their last 3 preseasons.  Enough said about that.

I will just say the Raiders were 4-0 last preseason

Actually Oakland went 4-1 last year. 

But yeah I know preseason doesnt count for much.  Thats why I wasnt going on and on about the win over the Colts. I commented on the good and bad of our game, and Mike you must have missied my postive comment about your boy Haas.

That seems strange, why would Oakland have 5 preseason games last year?

jmh314 wrote:

Actually Oakland went 4-1 last year. 

But yeah I know preseason doesnt count for much.  Thats why I wasnt going on and on about the win over the Colts. I commented on the good and bad of our game, and Mike you must have missied my postive comment about your boy Haas.

Hmmm they must have played in the Hall of Fame game last year I forget, but yeah I know Hass had a couple grabs for 48 yards and recovered a fumble.

I already stated my thoughts on Grossman so I won't go into that.

I am glad you noticed about Hass and I hope he makes the active roster, cuts are coming soon.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-08-21 13:03:46)

goldenwarrior wrote:

I am glad you noticed about Hass and I hope he makes the active roster, cuts are coming soon.

Yeah Haas has opened eyes.  There was a great article in a newspaper out here about him.  It referred to him as "white Rice" cause he broke a bunch of Jerry Rice's records. I think if we break camp with 6 receivers he will be the 6th.

goldenwarrior wrote:

Hmmm they must have played in the Hall of Fame game last year I forget, but yeah I know Hass had a couple grabs for 48 yards and recovered a fumble.

I already stated my thoughts on Grossman so I won't go into that.

Yep, they did have the HoF game.

I think the Bears need to utilize Adrian Peterson a lot this year to be effective.  You have the all-time leading rusher in all of college football just sitting on your bench, so why not use him?  Heres what he is made of.  Introducing the REAL Adrian Peterson, #29 of the Chicago Bears:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFFN9mPIDY[/youtube]
The best non-touchdown run I have ever seen

Damn!  I don't even like football, but that was a nice run.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Damn!  I don't even like football, but that was a nice run.

I think if he didnt trip over his own guys feet he would have bowled over that last red guy coming and scored.

What he run in the 40 yard dash, looks like he is a big bruiser HB or FB, I doubt he could out run people in the NFL.

Bush is the best big_smile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2n3iB0Aoc[/youtube]

Full highlight video ov the REAL Adrian Peterson.  I dont care how fast Bush is....unless he posted 6,559 career rushing yards and averaged 156.2 yrds per game in 4 years of college....but he didnt, Adrian Peterson did.  Speed doesnt mean everything. 
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_ABmN-sMU[/youtube]

jmh314 wrote:

Full highlight video ov the REAL Adrian Peterson.  I dont care how fast Bush is....unless he posted 6,559 career rushing yards and averaged 156.2 yrds per game in 4 years of college....but he didnt, Adrian Peterson did.  Speed doesnt mean everything. 
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_ABmN-sMU[/youtube]

But Bush did play against the top schools and had over 2200 yards rushing and receiving in 2005 and on top of that 18 TDs, Bush didn't play 4 years of ball he came out early.

Who knows maybe your guy will be the next Marques Colston wink

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/goldenwarrior870/th_5e77b42a.jpg

Well considering our Adrian Peterson isnt a rookie and has been in the league a few years, i dunno if he can be another Colston.  But he deserves a shot. Lets hope Benson gets one of his usual injuries soon and AP gets a chance

I gotta admit....I laughed my ass off at this Grossman bashing article. 
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football … 22.article

jmh314 wrote:

I gotta admit....I laughed my ass off at this Grossman bashing article. 
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football … 22.article

Now that's some funny crap. That is way to damn hilarious and true.:lol: