Topic: 300 Dvd

This is a modern art / pop culture masterpiece. It's not as character driven as "Gladiator" nor does it feature the splendor of the LOTR trilogy, but it is still a well-crafted film that I'd like to review here. There's plenty of gore and grotesque special effects that I think would be worthy of posting a review here. Would it be turned down?

Last edited by alex1176 (2007-08-03 17:28:44)

Re: 300 Dvd

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-reviews.php

Just submit it there I am sure it will make the final cut smile

I almost bought the 300 dvd today but I didn't know if it really was that great a film.

I'll rent it first to see how i like it and if i do like it enough, i might buy it. But as of right now, i'm undecided.

its a truly AWESOME film.... carnage non stop. Good place to review it is on www.moviesonline.ca since we dont do non horror here.

yeah its a no brainer to buy it, I mean if I was going to only buy 1 DVD this year that would be the one. Its a fantastic film.

couldnt agree more. if you buy 1 dvd this year make it 300. the carnage, the awesome writing and the fight sequences are A++

"300" was way overrated.  I had people come up to me saying it was the best movie ever made.  I was like, really?  So then I went and saw it, with the thought of it being the best movie ever made, and was completely let down.  Good film, amazing to look at, but overrated and dull.

Now, about the DVD.  I might pick it up.  It's more of a theater kind of movie, like "Grindhouse", but I'm still deciding.

I love this movie, I mean LOVE, but it did have less impact on the small screen.  Seeing it in the theater had me doing slow/fast motion kicks and sword slices for weeks.

the action was great the characters are great great lines in the movie fantastic score by a mr tyler bates and very close to the real scene (if you look past the monsters throughout)

300 and Grindhouse were the best IN THEATER movies I have seen in a long time.  I don't know if I would say 300 was the best movie ever, but I enjoyed it greatly!  I will be picking this up in DVD on Friday(payday).

300 rocked! Other then LOTR one of the best f8lms I have seen. However the next M>F who tells me why this film is  not PC I will shoot but in a loving way

I have yet to see this, dont know if I will or not.  I am kind of indifferent towards it at the moment and have been renting other things instead.