Topic: Versus(2000)

Versus is a cool film which I have the 2 disc special edition dvd. It was directed by Ryuhei Kitamura.

This film has got martial arts, sword fighting, zombies, etc......

I like this film alot. The film is about a prisoner who has escaped and made it into a mysterious forest of Resurrection and then fights for his life against a mafia boss and his gang. Well the dead don't stay dead long in this forest and come back for blood.

This is a very cool film!

Re: Versus(2000)

This is definitely by far one of my all time favorite J-Horror movies. From start to finish there is not one single boring part about it. I only own the single disc Director's Cut where i actually payed $30. But shit i didn't care how much i payed for it at the time. I needed it.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

This is definitely by far one of my all time favorite J-Horror movies. From start to finish there is not one single boring part about it. I only own the single disc Director's Cut where i actually payed $30. But shit i didn't care how much i payed for it at the time. I needed it.

Damn, I paid less than that for the 2 disc special edition dvd which has some great special features on it and also a movie short called Nervous.

Its been a while since I have seen this, but it is a really good film.  Definately a good combonation of Martial Arts and Zombies.  tongue

Yea I absolutely love this film..  I bought this like 6 years ago at a convention.. Its amazing. I really want to update my copy to the Ultimate Edition simply because of all the special features.. My copy has Nervous on it but I don't think mine is subtitled... Its been awhile since I watched the short.. One of my favorite films..

I thought that they were gonna make a Versus 2. Does anyone know any news on this?

Great flick.  It's like John Woo, George Romero, Quentin Tarantino, Jackie Chan and Beat Takeshi all joined together to make a movie.  It may be two hours long but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

I'd recommend watching this one back to back with another crazy Japanese zombie flick, Wild Zero.

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Damn, I paid less than that for the 2 disc special edition dvd which has some great special features on it and also a movie short called Nervous.

I might have to look into the 2 Disc set to Versus. But the thing is when i bought Versus i only found it for that price at the time and that was like 3 or 4 years ago.

LoudLon wrote:

Great flick.  It's like John Woo, George Romero, Quentin Tarantino, Jackie Chan and Beat Takeshi all joined together to make a movie.  It may be two hours long but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

I'd recommend watching this one back to back with another crazy Japanese zombie flick, Wild Zero.

Yeah, Wild Zero is an awesome and funny zombie film with a great band in it called Guitar Wolf and the dvd has it where it even has a beer drinking game on it while you watch it.

I just picked up Ultimate Versus for like $25... it's a 3 disk version.  It was a blind buy so I'm glad this tread popped up, makes me confident that I didn't waste my money.

DrChannard wrote:

I just picked up Ultimate Versus for like $25... it's a 3 disk version.  It was a blind buy so I'm glad this tread popped up, makes me confident that I didn't waste my money.

I have the special edition 2 disc set of Versus so what does the Ultimate Ed. 3 disc have on it that mine doesn't have?:/

no idea, I'll post all of the extra features when I get home.  stupid work.

Ok here it goes:

Disk 1 - Movie
Disk 2 - Special Features
Disk 3 - Bonus Features (I'm not kidding, that's how it's listed)

Here are all the bonus/special features that are listed in the insert, they don't seperate by disk so I don't know which is special and which is a bonus:

1. Audio Commentary - DVD commentary for Ultimate Version

2. Audio Commentary - Original DVD commentary

3. New making-of footage "Sakigake! Otoko 'Versus' Juku" (18 min)

4. Deleted Scenes (21 min/18 scenes)

5. Intro Making "The First Contact" (10 min)

6. Original Making-of "Behind 'Versus' Part 1 - The Birth of the Dark hero" (27 min)

7. New Making-of "Behind 'Versus' Part 2 - 'Versus' the Legend" (46 min)

8. "Versus" Inside Story "Nervous 1" (7 min)

9. "Versus" Side Story "Nervous 2" (16 min)

10. Making of "Nervous 2" (1 min)

11. Overseas Document "One Man Journey - Tak Sakaguchi" (14 min)

12. Tailers:
    A. Down to Hell (4 min)
    B. The Return: Down 2 Hell (2 min)
    C. Versus - Original Trailer (2 min)
    D. Versus - Original Trailer Making-of version (5 min)
    E. Versus - Theatrical Trailer (2 min)
    F. Versus - Promo Trailer (15 sec)

13. Stills Gallery (64 pics)

Hope this helps!

i saw this at Fry's a couple days ago but didnt pick it up because i didnt pick it up because of the price. but i do want it, though

I love this film.  Can't wait to pick up the DVD.

Now I wanna get the Utlimate 3 disc dvd now lol. I guess I will buy it and still keep my 2 disc one too.:lol:

RIP wrote:

I thought that they were gonna make a Versus 2. Does anyone know any news on this?

Was hoping to have an answer for you RIP, but easterneye's site is currently not opening sad

LoudLon wrote:

versus is a great movie thats hard to describe but you nailed it LoudLon.

Last night I watched Versus again with the english dubbing and it was great as always. The cop in it who thinks he knows everything was hilarious. I loved the part towards the end when he was about to be shot and he says:

"You can't hit me.....my reflexes are 500 times better than Mike Tyson":lol:

Heh yea the Mike Tyson reference ALWAYS gets me laughing dude.. lol

Goon wrote:

Heh yea the Mike Tyson reference ALWAYS gets me laughing dude.. lol

Also when that cop always thinks that his shit don't stink and then he's says he's a fighter and gets his ass whipped by that girl, lol.:lol:

And that he's a profiler cause he worked for the FBI and lived in Yellowstone National Park.:lol:

Me! I bought the video for $2 at my local getting rid of videos shop..Now know as the DVD shop or in the future the Blu-Ray store. I love this movie and it was a great suprise for me It is everything one hopes for in a movie, great script, plenty of action, touch of comedy (to lighten the load) and fab actors. What a Trip! A am such a Fan:cool:

Nice score, man!  I'd take "Versus" for $2 anyday!

the ultimate 3 disc is the way to go
and you get a sweet metal case
samurai zombies will pwn you in your sleep

^ Yeah the metal case is sweet on the 3 disc Ultimate Versus.  I noticed more special editions are doing metal cases.....they had it for The Day After Tomorrow, The Grudge 2, Fight Club....etc.  I even got a metal case for a PS2 special edition of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.   I like these metal cases and hope to see more!