Topic: count down to Zombie's Halloween

Just picked up the latest Rue Morgue, and the interview with Sir Rob was excellent.  I loved his responses about why he chose to make a remake... because everyone said he shouldn't.  He also said he used nothing but the original movie for inspiration and leaves out the mystic crap from the sequels. 

The back cover of the mag has a lovely ad for the film, which opens in just 25 days.

Re: count down to Zombie's Halloween

I'm counting down too, can't wait. smile

Unfortunately I haven't picked up the newest copy yet.. I've got to get my ass down to Barnes and Noble so I can pick up the new Rue Morgue.. I'm looking forward to reading the Halloween bits..

sweet. i really want to see this big_smile

Constantce wrote:

...he used nothing but the original movie for inspiration and leaves out the mystic crap from the sequels.

I liked the "mystic crap" from the sequels.  I like mystic crap in general, but I understand why many of you don't.  That said I'm still really looking forward to seeing this movie!

Me too!!! I have my day planned, going to savor the movie then stop at the Cold Stone Creamry for my free ice cream (filled a card).

i am so ready for this after watching the teaser trailers.  sigh smile

Gotta get the new RM issue!

I have gotta be the biggest Halloween series fan on here and I can't wait for this film to come out. I am so there when it does. I might not go the first weekend it's out cause it will be too packed but I will within the next weekend or so afterwards.

im gonna be wearing my pants that have big pockets so i can sneak food and drinks in the theatre because i hate payin the theatre price for stuff. im talking my gf, i allready told my mom and her mom that im takin her on Aug. 31. opening day, and then ill come home, and write my review for it:D

RIP wrote:

I have gotta be the biggest Halloween series fan on here and I can't wait for this film to come out. I am so there when it does. I might not go the first weekend it's out cause it will be too packed but I will within the next weekend or so afterwards.

Might have an arguement from me there, huge fan and no don't think Zombie will be in the same ballpark as Carpenter. At this stage no opinion on the movie, till I have actually seen it, but have some sincere doubts about Zombie pulling this one off. If he ditches the tension and goes gore then expect a reaction of biblical poportions from me post movie viewing.

Movie opens two full days Downunder before hitting screens in the U.S big_smile I don't get to say that very often with horror flicks so thought it merited a mention.

Expecting the movie to bomb Downunder, not been a good year for the genre thus far.

cold stone creamery ------  sooooo yummy --- and you gotta love their scary commercials.  That sounds like a perfect day! 

I think I may go on opening day.  It's crowded, but it feels so good to have that communal experience.

i'm not excited about this. I can wait to hear what people think of it after it's release. I might get it on DVD if it's an amazing remake but right now I'm thinking it's just going to be average roll

Gotta have faith in ol' Rob!

DemonToSome wrote:

i'm not excited about this. I can wait to hear what people think of it after it's release. I might get it on DVD if it's an amazing remake but right now I'm thinking it's just going to be average roll

Feel the pain of franchise fans, it's another Halloween, but it's Zombie doing it hmm

DemonToSome wrote:

Be excited...be very excited.

Don't get me wrong, I really like House of 1000 Corpses & The Devil's Rejects. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high for this, in case it's a flop.

i agree demon, iv seen some really cool trailers for movies, and then the movie was horrible. the trailers look good, but that dosnt necacarly mean it will be a good film. i do have faith in Zombie though, and i hope he does Carpenter and Myers justice

all man I can't wait for this, I have full faith in Mr. Zombie. And the movie better be good, I made a deal wit the lady that If I watched Hairspray wit her she'd watch Halloween wit me. So I'm really hopin it was worth it.

^ OMG that's really funny.  I hope she's not too squeamish - I read that there is an animal torture scene that's hard to watch.

I also heard that there was a rape scene.  It got cut, but still.  Michael Myers raping someone?  WTF is that!?

^ ya that dosnt make any sense. he dosnt have any interest in anything except for killing the rest of his family and anyone who would get in the way of his goal.

Constantce wrote:

^ OMG that's really funny.  I hope she's not too squeamish - I read that there is an animal torture scene that's hard to watch.

oh, she is........so it should be a real fun time. She's never watched a horror movie either, so I can't wait for this.

^ mwa HA HA HA HA!   

her:  yikes
you:  lol

So does anyone else wonder what they are doing marketing wise for this?  I mean it's 3 weeks til the release and other than on this site I havent seen a damn thing about this anywhere.  I mentioned to some people about this film and they were like "there's a Halloween remake coming out?"  Dont know what they are waiting for to get the hype train rolling......