Re: count down to Zombie's Halloween

deathgate666 wrote:

i just got back from it... wasnt all that great imo... loved the beginning, didnt like the ending all that much... Zombie got rid of that creepy stalker feel... wrote a review for it, go check it out.

I am sad to here about the creepy stalker feel kind of not being there.  Thats what makes he origional so great.

There are so few creepy stalkers today.  Heck, Jigsaw's so disconnected, he's on TV.  I still felt it, but Zombie didn't want to make the movie modern-ly irrelevant.

I saw Zombie's Halloween yesterday. He's managed to capture that B-Movie feel and look that the 70's horror slasher films delivered. But guess what - this ain't the 70's! I was bored and fell asleep. Zombie did nothing to improve on the first film which will remain a classic. Give it a rest Rob. I can't believe people are flocking to see this film. Rent the original for 2 bucks and stay home.

I finally saw it Monday; I'm still mulling it over.  I appreciate what he did with it and some parts were really great.  The cast was pretty good, but the teen girls just can't hold a candle to the girls from Carpenter's.  I'd have to say overall, he did his thing and it's good on its own, but will never replace the original and I missed the creepy stalker feel also.

I actually saw this last night and i gotta say it was actually pretty damn good. I mean there were a couple of things i didn't like but overall i liked it alot. I love the whole mood and feel for it. Rob did a wonderful job making this.

I'm surprised there is like no discussion going on here about the film. Personally I thought it was pretty awful.. I had heard a lot of bad things going in so I had really low expectations and I still didn't like it. I'm not even a Rob Zombie hater.. I love HO1KC and The Devils Rejects. But this film was just so uneven and wrong..

The music was just awful with the exception of Fear the Reaper.. That song was used perfectly.. But "Love Hurts"? WTF was he thinking? Its so out of place. The theme in the beginning was so horribly misplaced why use it while young Myers is running away? What the hell was that?

But I liked the beginning for the most part.. Forsythe was good and so was Ken Foree.. But the girls were all fucked up.. The character of Lynda was totally messed up.. They really ruined that character.. Just didn't even feel like a Halloween movie. I'm kind of glad this didn't open around Halloween.. Would have put a damper on my favorite holiday..

If I went into this film expecting "Halloween" as in original, I would have been EXTREMELY dissipointed. I went into the film expecting a Rob Zombie tilt, which it sure was and a "new" view into the "story", which I got. At no point did I compare, cuz if I did, then this movie would have fallen short every time, no way ANYONE could touch the original or surpass it. As stated in my review, the camera work was my biggest bitch. And of course they reworked it and reshot it and it "showed" to those of us who look into the depth of a film. But all in all I really enjoyed it:)

Yea thats the thing.. I'm not even a huge Halloween fan.. I like the original but I don't absolutely love it.. I don't even think on its own it works.. Its just uneven throughout.. Like I said above the music is awful. Don't know what happened there.. Plus the plot holes are so numerous its unbearable..

For instance.. How the hell does he know Laurie Strode is his sister?

I loved it thats all I can say...Rob did his job by making michael what he really should be a brutal killer...and I'm sorry goon I loved the part where Michael is sitting on the curb and that song is playing it just went with it in my eyes...the only thing I hate is how there our people comparing this to the original its driving me up the wall this movie has nothing to do with the original....

Well the workprint is miles and miles better than the theatrical version.. A lot of the cameos are cut out and the movie isn't all about the kills and how brutality.. All the BS in the house with Laurie is gone and the ending is fuckin 50x better. They even managed to fix some of the issues with the music. If he just would have worked on some of the small kinks in the score on the workprint it would have been a great movie..

I think I smell some studio involvement here.. Which makes me wonder why Rob signed a contract with the Weinsteins..

as do I goon...It was a great movie but I do agree on some of the songs on the soundtrack could of been better then what was picked...some of them I never even heard..