Topic: Baseball History

Who else saw some baseball history on Aug 8, 2007? You know I know theres alot of speculation surrounding Bonds, but he's inocent until "proved" guilty. And its still a big occasion and something I'm glad I was able to witness and be able to pass on to my kids cause stuff like this doesnt come around often

Re: Baseball History

I dont really give a shit about it.  I am just glad he got it over with so the media shut the fuck up and find another story to talk about.  No more god damn "Bonds Watch" on all the sports stations and websites, no more talk of "do you care, do you not care?" Now on to more important news instead of "live" feeds of Bonds at bats.  He broke it, now lets move the fuck on.  Now onto his Grand Jury Indictment, since it was delayed.  I hope they do indict him and his ass is found guilty of perjury.

blah...
done

http://www.alarmingnews.com/archives/Barry%20Bonds.jpg

steroids got the new record.... i have no respect for Bonds breaking a record with help from drugs.

I've never liked Barry Bonds and he's always been an asshole. I hope somehow he gets into more trouble like Pete Rose and is banned from baseball and has his so called "Home Run king" title taken away from him.

Barry Bonds breaks the the home run record, congrats to him. I hope the guy who caught the ball sells it for a fortune. I think A-Rod will break Barry Bonds record a few years down the road. Hes allready hit 500 homeruns, and he's only 32. Barry Bonds used steriods, especially the year he broke the single season home run record.

everybody "including me" thinks that its extremely likely that A-Rod is gonna break whatever the record ends up being before its all said and done. So do you think when that happens it'll be witout speculation? Cause it seems that no matter what it is if something big happens someone screams steroids. And if you beleave anything Jose Conseco says then it appears he got the goods on A-Rod, I stoped listening to Conseco though. I think he just likes to hear himself talk.

Yeah ummmm. Do i care? No. I never liked him. Anybody can reach that milestone hocked up all on the "juice." The league should take that away from him b/c of everything he has done and what's that take steriods. He doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. He's just one huge joke. The best thing that would happen to him is while he's playing and he's at bat and he swings at the ball and then all of a sudden he gets a stroke right there on the field.

damn, i am fed up with hearing about Bonds mad

I'm glad I got to see it broken.. Its a great milestone in sports.. I like how just about everyone here is already condmning Bonds for something that he hasn't even been convicted of..

Think of it this way what if someone accused you of rape or child molestation.. Now everyone who has an opinon is calling you a child molester or a rapist? I don't think you would like it that much.. Now if he is proven guilty OK.. But let the guy enjoy his record while he can.. Its a little early to judge him..

boyd84 wrote:

everybody "including me" thinks that its extremely likely that A-Rod is gonna break whatever the record ends up being before its all said and done.

I am quite sure everyone once thought Ken Griffey Jr would break the homerun record before he had a bad string of injury filled seasons.  So nothing is ever a definite.  If Junior had never gotten hurt, we wouldnt need to talk about bonds and steroids cause Griffey would be the soon to be homerun king.

Hey, I knew someone else on here had to care at least a lil. I feel the same about the whole steroids issue, I don't want to condem the guy before I know for sure that he's guilty. I mean if he's found guilty, ok bring out the firing squads but not before. And the whole thing about him not being a Hall of famer, if you knew about baseball you'd know he was hall of fame material before the beaf up and surge of power, so that alone should earn him a spot.

Goon wrote:

I'm glad I got to see it broken.. Its a great milestone in sports.. I like how just about everyone here is already condmning Bonds for something that he hasn't even been convicted of..

Think of it this way what if someone accused you of rape or child molestation.. Now everyone who has an opinon is calling you a child molester or a rapist? I don't think you would like it that much.. Now if he is proven guilty OK.. But let the guy enjoy his record while he can.. Its a little early to judge him..

good point accept for 1 little flaw. Bonds is claiming he didnt know it was steriods. Hes definitely being convicted in the public eye but with excuses like "A team mate gave it to me, I thought it was Vitamin B" is so weak.

Thats like me rubbing my penis on a woman and saying I didnt know it was my penis so it can't be sexual assault.

boyd84 wrote:

Hey, I knew someone else on here had to care at least a lil. I feel the same about the whole steroids issue, I don't want to condem the guy before I know for sure that he's guilty. I mean if he's found guilty, ok bring out the firing squads but not before. And the whole thing about him not being a Hall of famer, if you knew about baseball you'd know he was hall of fame material before the beaf up and surge of power, so that alone should earn him a spot.

agreed. and if he is innocent all the better but its gonna be a tough case to prove one way or the other.

jmh314 wrote:
boyd84 wrote:

everybody "including me" thinks that its extremely likely that A-Rod is gonna break whatever the record ends up being before its all said and done.

I am quite sure everyone once thought Ken Griffey Jr would break the homerun record before he had a bad string of injury filled seasons.  So nothing is ever a definite.  If Junior had never gotten hurt, we wouldnt need to talk about bonds and steroids cause Griffey would be the soon to be homerun king.

Well yeah, thats true and I'm glad to see Jr having a lil good luck at this point in his carrer. I think everybodys thought is "if he stays healthy" and you can only hope he does cause talent like him is rare. I just help he stays healthy and stays a Yankee:)

Meh wrote:

good point accept for 1 little flaw. Bonds is claiming he didnt know it was steriods. Hes definitely being convicted in the public eye but with excuses like "A team mate gave it to me, I thought it was Vitamin B" is so weak.

Thats like me rubbing my penis on a woman and saying I didnt know it was my penis so it can't be sexual assault.

Your actually misquoting him.. He told the jury that he didn't knowingly take steriods.. Thats not saying he did or didn't. He never admitted to taking them which is what your statement sounds like.

Everybody is hating on him for this. I think it should also be noted that even if he did take steriods so was half the league including pitchers. Its a different era of baseball. Back in the days competition wasn't nearly as rough as it is now. Players are much better trained and much more powerful then they were years ago. So the players who were really gifted could hit them out of the park like it was batting practice..

i would rather watch paint dry than baseball and i am glad he made his record so now maybe we can here more about football training camp and preseason games.  if he did do roids he should lose the title but really i could give a rat's you know what

I think baseballs really been hurt by the last decade. I mean when Kobe Bryant scored 82 or Agent Zero (my boy) scored 60 you did'nt hear "I wonder if Kobe is roided up" or I wonder if Arenas is injecting. you see it as an acomplishment and leave it at that. And in the NBA players are known for making huge improvements in there games and becoming top players. Like Arenas who when in Golden State was'nt even heard of but when givin control in Washington has become a Huge star, and is a common name. And in football no one ever wonders if Peyton Manning is on steroids, he's an amazing athlete and you leave it at that. The bad thing is baseball has been scarred and now when ever a great athlete comes along somewhere if only in the back of peoples heads they think steroids. And its only because you've become use to those you love in baseball being tied to it

I really gotta say it. Baseball and Basketball sucks period. They are the most boring sports to watch period. It doesn't matter about the bullshit about using steriods or not, the sport still sucked.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I really gotta say it. Baseball and Basketball sucks period. They are the most boring sports to watch period. It doesn't matter about the bullshit about using steriods or not, the sport still sucked.

thank you very much BDD.  i could not have said it better myself.

Goon wrote:

For one thing I'm not Michael Jackson and secondly I don't hang around kids, lol.:lol:

Bonds has always been a huge jackass and I remember back in the early 90's when the Atlanta Braves first started winning and going to the World Series and how much of an arrogant asshole he was on tv talking bad about the Braves and then our pitchers would shut his ass up in the playoffs with strikeouts all the time. And then he would come up with excuses every time in the media for why he played bad.

Then he got on his steroid kick and started hitting homers like there's no tomorrow. Even Hank Aaron doesn't like him and you can tell on tv how Bud Selig really felt about Bonds by his facial expressions.

I hope Bonds record doesn't stand too long cause I want someon to break it soon like A-Rod and then Bonds will be a faded memory.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

thank you very much BDD.  i could not have said it better myself.

UFC rules........no steriods in that sport, lol.:lol:

to each his own, personally I think it could get no worse than Hockey and Golf.

golf is sooooooooo boring.  but hockey is cool.