Topic: Another Baseball Milestone

So with so many baseball milestones going  n this year like Barry Bonds, Griffey hitting 600 homers, several players hitting 500 homers, Biggio getting to 3,000 career hits, and Glavine winning his 300 game, it seems like milestones are the trendy thing this year.  We are still only about 6 or 7 Sammy Sosa strikeouts away from him being the all time strikeout leader, and several other player have outside shots at 500 homers this season.

With all that said, I would like to comment on an unlikely milestone that was reached today.  Chicago White Sox closer Bobby Jenks recorded his major league record tying 41st consecutive retired batter.  He has faced 41 batters straight without giving up a  hit or a walk.  In this day and age in baseball with all the time hitters spend honing their craft and with all the offense in baseball, to get 41 straight hitters out is a phenominal feat.  A perfect game would be not walking or giving up a hit to 27 batters, so to get to 41 straight batter is approaching 1.5 perfect games so that is a pretty incredible accomplishement.  Congrats to him and I look forward to seeing how far he goes with it!

Re: Another Baseball Milestone

wow... thats actually pretty amazing. i personally am a red sox fan, but damn, the white sox have got themselves a good pitcher.

hey deathgate who's that pullin up real quick like on the red sox? oh thats right its the bronx bombers, better enjoy 1st while it last.

.........sorry, had to do it. Nothin I like more that burstin a sox fans bubble

Last edited by boyd84 (2007-08-13 02:36:52)

hey its ok, im used to it by now. been a red sox fan my whole life, i gotta get used to people making fun of me for it

don't you hate knowin though that everytime the sox get ahead of the yanks, the yanks come chargin back? I mean couple months ago the sox was cruisin, now the yanks are tied for the wildcard and lookin for more. gotta suck bein on the other end:)

ya it does, but i still love throwing the '04 world series in peoples faces. espically where i live in missouri, alot of people are cardinals fans here, (more Royals fans here in Kansas City where i live though) but i love being like "hey you remember when the Sox beat the cardinals in 4-0 games in the '04 series?" it gets people really mad sometimes.

I like how everytime the yanks get off to a slow start everybody starts counting them out and seeing it as the year the yanks fail......its like does'nt anybody know by now that the yanks allways come back? I mean never feel safe when the yanks are lurkin cause once october is on the horizon they start kickin ass and whoever is ahead of them falls before its said and done.....you would think the annalyst would learn by now