Topic: Ed Wood

i saw a trailer for this movie and was wondering if anyone had seen it. its a Tim Burton film, so im assuming its good, but its one of only a few of his films that i havent seen.

Re: Ed Wood

Yeah, it's a good film that I need to buy on dvd. I've seen it once or twice. Johnny Depp does a great job as Ed Wood in it and Martin Landau won an oscar for his portrayal of Bela Lugosi.:cool:

It is definately not a film for anyone, but I'd say it's probably Burton's 2nd best film.  Enjoyable.  Matin Landau is good, Bill Murray is also good. You will see a pre-Sex & City Sarah Jessica Parker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Patricia Arquette, Jeffrey Jones, and former pro wrestler George "The Animal" Steele with roles too.

This is one of my favorite movies.  A biopic, yes, but played for laughs -- pretty much the only way you could make a film about the so-called Worst Director of All Time.  Great flick, thoroughly entertaining and even touching at times.

Probably the only film by Burton that I actually enjoy.

:)I agree with everyone, terrific cast and movie

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Probably the only film by Burton that I actually enjoy.

You didn't like Sleepy Hollow?

LoudLon wrote:

This is one of my favorite movies.  A biopic, yes, but played for laughs -- pretty much the only way you could make a film about the so-called Worst Director of All Time.  Great flick, thoroughly entertaining and even touching at times.

Am I picking up a faint hint someone else doesn't think Ed Wood was the worse director of all time?

For full enjoyment of ED WOOD catch some of the movies Ed made beforehand. Would suggest NIGHT OF THE GHOULS, GLEN OR GLENDA?, and of course PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.

Burton scores another cult classic, but be warned it's noir style and filmed in black and white. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Huge recommendation on ED WOOD, the movie is not to be missed.

hey, im fine with balck and white, i own alot of old horror movies and i loved Young Frankenstein, that movie was halarious

"Ed Wood" is genius. I think that and "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" are Burton's best movies. As an aside ... I had a chance to work with "Mickey" from the Pee-wee movie. Was a trip.

Jethro wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Am I picking up a faint hint someone else doesn't think Ed Wood was the worse director of all time?

For full enjoyment of ED WOOD catch some of the movies Ed made beforehand. Would suggest NIGHT OF THE GHOULS, GLEN OR GLENDA?, and of course PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.

Burton scores another cult classic, but be warned it's noir style and filmed in black and white. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Huge recommendation on ED WOOD, the movie is not to be missed.

I don't think he's the number 1 worst ever but he's in my top 5 of worst horror directors along with Uwe Boll, Eli Roth, Fred Olen Ray(Alien Dead), and Abel Ferrara(who directed the horrible The Driller Killer and Death Bed).

Alright im surprised noone notice that Johnny depp is in like almost every Tim Burton movie. Are they like brother or something Im surprised he didnt play batman when Burton made it.

i realized that Depp played in alot of Burtons moies. and no, it was Michal Keaton who played batman in burtons movie, and i think he did a good job with the roll.

Jethro wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Am I picking up a faint hint someone else doesn't think Ed Wood was the worse director of all time?.

Several years ago while as a staff reviewer for a horror site I was sent a screener by a filmmaker that was so god-awful, I at first thought the admin of the site was playing a joke on me.  It was a movie called Mr. Irish, and was, hands down, THE very worst movie I have ever seen, and as a horror film fanatic 28 years and counting, I've seen A LOT.

No bullshit - he makes Ed Wood look like fuckin' Kurosawa.

Wasn't "Plan 9 From Outer Space" voted the worst film of all time?