Re: Going Under The Knife

i will solve that problem by STAPLING on my pants monday smile

Meh wrote:

i will solve that problem by STAPLING on my pants monday smile

lol:lol:

As long as you dont have Dr Christian Szell from The Graduate, then everything should be alright.

jmh314 wrote:

As long as you dont have Dr Christian Szell from The Graduate, then everything should be alright.

Or Lawrence Olivier from Marathon Man lol with Dustin Hoffman.:P

^^Oops, i didnt mean The Graduate, I meant Marathon Man.  Laurence Oliver played Dr Christian Szell in Marathon Man.  I just fucked up the movie title.

Mirthquake's post gave me an idea. Just pretend you're Bill Murray's character in "Shop of Horrors" and that you LOVE the dentist and you'd go there every day if you could.

This is an old reference, but I remember back when Tom Green was really popular, there was a Rolling Stone cover story on him and he was talking about his surgery (this had to have been at least 4 years ago), and he was saying how he dealt with it by "flipping it", meaning he was really scared but to make it easier to deal with, he pretended that he *wanted* to go under the knife and that it was fun. Like, taking something you dread and pretending that you love it.

On a more practical side, will they let you use headphones so you can listen to music? Ya know, until you go under ... ?

"y'know it's her dedication that I admire.  She doesn't see very well, but if you give her the general area, she'll eventually find it..."

"OH-ho!  I'm gonna get a Candy Bar!  Candy bar!  CANDYBAR CANDYBAR CANDYBAR CANDYBAR!"
http://johngushue.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/steve_martin_bill_murray.jpg

(Love Little Shop!  Played the plant on stage.  Or rather off stage.  I was the Voice of the Plant... other people ran the puppets.)

nice! cool

So meh, when is your surgery date?

Is Little Shop of Horrors on dvd?

RIP wrote:

Is Little Shop of Horrors on dvd?

yea I picked it up at target for under $10. worth every dime.

Don't sell your teeth on ebay...that's just gross:(

Wishing you all the best.  It'll be over soon Meh and the drugs will help.  Take care of yourself and hope you'll be back here real soon. smile

Just thinking about you Meh and hoping that it's all over and you're home relaxing and pain-free now.  Take care smile

Seems like everything went well eh, Meh. Are you on good pain meds? big_smile

it didnt go to bad at all. Took 7 hours and I am now recovering and pretty much back to my usual grind. I go in today for a followup. Thanks for thinking of me guys smile

just remember if your pants are unbuttoned when you come out of it and your dentist is a guy THATS when its worse wink

RIP wrote:

Make sure that Corbin Bernsen from The Dentist who be working on your teeth lol.:lol:

Think about it this way Meh, at least you didn't accidentally shoot yourself in the chest earlier this summer like I did with my stupid pistol and had to be airlifted to a hospital and be there for a week and had a 5 hour surgery.

My surgery alone cost $42,000. My airflight was $13,000. The other stuff was around $15,000 to 17,000. But I have good insurance with Blue Cross/Blue Shield so they paid for 80% of it but boy did I learn a lesson........don't fall asleep with a loaded pistol on your chest, lol.:lol:

oh that was smooth RIP shit im not knocking on your door your liable to jump up and shoot through the door screamin "damn jehovahs witness eat hot lead" -pistol in one hand beer in the other

Meh wrote:

it didnt go to bad at all. Took 7 hours and I am now recovering and pretty much back to my usual grind. I go in today for a followup. Thanks for thinking of me guys smile

Well that's good and i told you so. It wasn't going to be that bad and everything was going to go well for you. Never fear the reaper, in your case the doctor. Glad to hear that everything went well. Good luck on the recovery.

Meh wrote:

Glad to hear it, man.  wink

Meh wrote:

Good stuff...... so now it's party time tongue

Meh wrote:

glad to hear you are recovering fast:) Did you say you are going to do a bump and grind? tongue

Glad to hear your back and in good shape. Everyone says it's a bad thing if you wake up and your pants are undone but if the dentist knocks a few bucks off the bill then it's worth it right? Plus no one knows what went down. Not that that's ever happened to me, but I did have a Chiropractor that seemed to linger on the massage part of my appt a little too long, and no discount so I stopped going.

Glad you're doing well and planning a bump and grind tongue

" I don't see nothin' wrong, with a little bump and griiiind" sorry that's all I know of that song