Topic: What would you like to see happen that nver happens in a horror movie?

I thought this would be an interesting topic to post as I posted a comment on a different forum.  The one thing that I would like to see would be more murderous children in horror movies.  Beware Children At Play is an amazing example of this along with the spectatular ending.  More gut wrenching scenes involving children need to be seen because I think it frightens more people.

So in a basic sense, what would you like to see happen in a horror film that you believe doesn't happen enough?

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2006-09-24 00:42:09)

Re: What would you like to see happen that nver happens in a horror movie?

Well let me start off with a couple suggestions for you.. The Brood is a great start. That movie deals with a little boy and these crazy little kids. Children of the Corn of course I'm sure you have heard of that franchise. Children of the Damned and Bad Seed are two other films you could probably take a look at as well..

Now I've said this before but I want to see an outright chaotic movie. Cars blowing up, people fleeing in the streets, buildings falling down, complete anarchy. On a global scale. I want to what London, Paris, New York, LA, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Toronto, and every other major metropolitain city would look like after a huge apocalyptic event.

An interesting twist may be a villain/creature that at some point develops remorse and no longer wishes to senselessly harm.  The movie could start as a normal "track down and kill" type of thing but twist into an ending similar to Frankenstein.  It may sound a bit pansyish, but it would really leave you confused as to which side to take when the film ends, if done right.

I really want to see some more exploitation flicks being showed to a mainstream audience.  Somewhat like The Devil's Rejects.

Ha.. funny you mention that TiM because I've really wanted to see something like that too.. Back in the 70s and 80s those could be made and shown in Grindhouses.. Today those theatres don't really exist anymore so we have lost them in the process.. I would also like to see a revival of those films..

I still wonder today how The Devil's Rejects passed threw the MPAA.  Its films like that, that gives me hope for some more balls to the walls exploitation flicks.

Yea I don't what happened there.. Especially the opening scene with Tiny.. But I think in some cases the MPAA is loosening up a little.. They are really inconsistent on what they let pass and what they don't.. I'll never understand them..

Well...MPAA seems a bit wacked out to me.  Violence is okay...sex is bad....sex is okay..violence bad...both bad. Very strange thing.But that is for another time and thread.

Something I would like to see...well I agree with the Grindhouse, exploitation thing and the chaotic thing.

Well...I would like to see different point of view movies.  I mean we always have the werewolf and vampire movies told from the point of view of the victims and hunters.  Though we do see from the point of the vamps in like Near Dark....I would be interested in seeing one from th epoint of view of the werewolf.  Not one like American Werewolf in London where the character slowly understands what happens....but one told from a person who has accepted being a werewolf and all. 

Maybe not even a wolf for a were movie...maybe a tiger or panther...switch up the species a bit in weres.

Sometimes small things make the difference in a movie for me.  Or even splicing genres a bit more.  Like doing a drama with some horror elements or horror-fantasy or just small changes to something.

A realistic response to danger.
One of these moments happens in my fav horror film The Thing.
At the beggining they see men shooting at the dog from a plane.
Mind you a plane which makes me think hmmm....there's a good reason for this. I wouldn't turn around and shoot the plane down. I'd stay away from the dog!!

I think I would like to see someonr smart enough that when the unstoppable killer in down and passed out to chop his/her ass into little tiny pieces. I think that would have sloved the problem in most of the Friday the 13th movies. Or how about just some smart victims not just one smart person in a group of idiots but a smart group of people that work together to handle a situation.

good point.  there are too many times that someone manages to temporarily knock down the killer or knock the killer unconscious, but they then continue running when you could just as easily beat them to death with anything nearby to end what's going on.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Well...MPAA seems a bit wacked out to me.  Violence is okay...sex is bad....sex is okay..violence bad...both bad. Very strange thing.But that is for another time and thread.

Well...I would like to see different point of view movies.  I mean we always have the werewolf and vampire movies told from the point of view of the victims and hunters.  Though we do see from the point of the vamps in like Near Dark....I would be interested in seeing one from th epoint of view of the werewolf.  Not one like American Werewolf in London where the character slowly understands what happens....but one told from a person who has accepted being a werewolf and all. 

Sometimes small things make the difference in a movie for me.  Or even splicing genres a bit more.  Like doing a drama with some horror elements or horror-fantasy or just small changes to something.

Have you seen The Werewolf vs The Vampire Women?  It's an older movie but I think you might find it interesting.  In away, it explores this viewpoint as the plot is that these two women are driving to some dig site or something and they have to stop.  They stop at a man's house (the man it a werewolf).  They bring back some Vampire Queen and she turns at least one of the girls into a vampire. They battle it out towards the end.  It is quite a good movie and I think you might like it.  It's been a while since I have watched it so the details might not be presice, but you get the basic idea.

I'd like to see a new zombie film that doesn't completely focus on simply surviving. I'd like to see a militant faction rise up a combat the undead menace, instead of simply a few average joes cowering in an abandoned bunker. The survival aspect is my favorite aspect of most horror movies(ecspecially zombie movies), but for once I'd like to see the living fighting back with all they've got.

During a zombie outbreak, I would like to see what happens in self contained areas like submarines, space stations, battle ships, missle silos, artic research bases, etc.

I agree with tim and goon..I would love to see more movies made like The Devils Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses..

I'd like that, too, but those movies already exist...this threads more for stuff that doesn't yet exist in movies.

Devil's Rejects was incredible, though.  I wasn't actually all that into House of 1,000 Corpses for some reason.

Greg wrote:

During a zombie outbreak, I would like to see what happens in self contained areas like submarines, space stations, battle ships, missle silos, artic research bases, etc.

That would awesome as well. Just imagine Carpenter's The Thing, but replace the alien with a nice group of zombies.

I would love to see one big zombie carnage, Like make a zombie flick that is more like an animal documentary show on the discovery channel, Let it just focus on the zombies killing & eating. And at the end of the film no one on earth is left to eat, So the zombies just start eating one anther, And than (Can anyone say earth blank?) nothing is left the earth is once again bare as a babes butt.

I've been wondering when someone would do something like that. A zombie documentary would be pretty bad ass if made correctly. It would be pretty easy to throw together too.

the documentary is a really incredible idea.  the whole thing could be a mixture of "footage" from crappy newscasts to national geographic type reporting.  very impressive thought

It really would be interesting and something I would definitely watch.

Definatly.  I thought that is what Diary of the Dead is suppose to be like though.  Though the kids stumble upon it all accidentally.

If this ever did happen it would be the first zombie flick where everyone dies.

Very true. We may get to see this kind of movie after all. It'll probablly be different from the kind of documentary we're talking about though.

I'd like to see more unique and interesting creatures.  Kind of along the lines of that new flick comin' out with the whole "wererats".  Mulberry St...