Topic: Hell yeah, the Bay is back baby .... ANZC upset!!!!!

Great season for the Hawkes Bay Magpies just got better, we finally did it ... we downed the mighty North Harbour to go 3-1 for the season. Bring on the Aucks!!!!!

If I could work out the youtube thing would add in some vids of the Hawkeye Guys in action, including one of the greatest ever punches thrown in a Rugby match. Newlands wont be needing to pay for a beer in the Bay for the next year smile

Re: Hell yeah, the Bay is back baby .... ANZC upset!!!!!

I always enjoyed Rugby....now Cricket on the otherhand, i tried to learn that and was way too confused....

jmh314 wrote:

I always enjoyed Rugby....now Cricket on the otherhand, i tried to learn that and was way too confused....

Anyone up for a game of ping pong or beer pong?:lol:

jmh314 wrote:

Rugby World Cup coming up next month dude ..... go the blacks!!!!!!

Given up trying to explain cricket to Americans. surprisingly very difficult to even get the basics across. Guess you need to be brought up with the game and not snigger when the commentators state "he went for a slash on the onside".

Trying a bit of youtube here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0FiqRbzIko[/youtube]

Last edited by Jethro (2007-08-18 15:56:04)

Jethro wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

Given up trying to explain cricket to Americans. surprisingly very difficult to even get the basics across. Guess you need to be brought up with the game and not snigger when the commentators state "he went for a slash on the onside".

Yeah for some reason I think I just got lost on the terminology and stuff.  I asked some of my family and relatives from England and Wales to try and teach me when I was out there on a visit, but I just never got a grasp on it.  If i tried hard enough I could probably learn it.