Topic: marvel's Thor flick has director

Matthew Vaughn has been anounced to direct marvel comics Thor film due for release in 2009. Vaughn has produced such films as "snatch", "lock stock and two smoking barrels" and "layer cake" witch he also directed. all of which i enjoyed and look forward to his take on the "god of thunder".

Re: marvel's Thor flick has director

matt has alot of talent but it seems an odd choice to me for a comic book movie.

my thouhgts exactly Meh but then Christopher Nolan poped to mind. i did not expect batman begins to be as good as it was based on Memento. great flick but a strange predecessor to a comic flick.

great point hybrid.

did everybody hear what the movie company wants to act in this movie? they want Triple H from the WWE but matthew vaughn is dead set against it and wants  Kevin McKidd from the hbo series rome and hannibal rising.the only problem is triple h might get it due to the lackluster money stardust made and the looming strike (i think its a writers strike) on its way

skincarver wrote:

did everybody hear what the movie company wants to act in this movie? they want Triple H from the WWE but matthew vaughn is dead set against it and wants  Kevin McKidd from the hbo series rome and hannibal rising.the only problem is triple h might get it due to the lackluster money stardust made and the looming strike (i think its a writers strike) on its way

Yes I heard the talk of Triple H in the movie, but I don't think that will happen.  Vaughn's objections aside, the WWF needs Trip back to bring Raw ratings up after the writing tailspin since the Beniot stuff and the recent rash of star injuries.  Word on many wrestling sites is they plan to hype the Conan and King of Kings stuff as much as they can for now.

i will be very upset if triple h is thor. it seem that when a pro wrestler is in a action movie they tend to fight like a  pro wrestler and that takes me right out of the story (ie HHH in blade trinity).