Topic: A Haunting - Discovery Channel

The new season of "A Haunting" recently started, and it really looks like the stories have been kicked up a notch.  Last friday's victims were a couple both employed by the police dept, which was a first.  In the past, it was almost a certainty you'd have a contractor and a broken family. 

Do you watch this and/or believe the stories?  Even if I don't always buy it, I enjoy the reenactment footage.

Re: A Haunting - Discovery Channel

I don't believe in ghosts at all but I like watching these types of programs.

i watch it as much as i can get as their isnt much scary stuff on nowadays (not including reruns of old stuff).i dont know whether i believe in ghosts or not as i havent had an occurence but some of those episodes were pretty interesting and im sure the base story might be real documentation but embelished with a lot more than what was involved.between this and ghost hunters i get my ghost fix when i need it

I believe in ghosts, so I'll be sure to check this out.  Thanks for the heads up, Constantce.

Some of the people seem to be kind of psycho to start out with, which supports the whole poltergeist thing, which I am convinced is legit b/c of family stories. 

And my last house was really creepy, you just didn't feel right, especially in the basement, and it was a pretty old house with a checkered history ( satanists squatting there, for real ) - but my new house feels totally clear.  I don't know about "ghosts," but I know there's something.

RIP wrote:

I don't believe in ghosts at all but I like watching these types of programs.

I love shows like this.  It's always good seeing other people get scared shitless.

Constantce wrote:

Some of the people seem to be kind of psycho to start out with, which supports the whole poltergeist thing, which I am convinced is legit b/c of family stories. 

And my last house was really creepy, you just didn't feel right, especially in the basement, and it was a pretty old house with a checkered history ( satanists squatting there, for real ) - but my new house feels totally clear.  I don't know about "ghosts," but I know there's something.

your house might have had high EMF readings they always say high readins lead to a feeling of the house not "feeling right"

You're right - I've heard that on many of those haunting shows.

But my sister SWEARS that one nite when she slept in my living room that someone said "good night" and when she looked up, there was a man sitting on my steps.

i really like this show but haven't seen a new episode in a long, long time. are they doing any new episodes or is it going to be the same 6 reruns forever?

No, ash, it's all new right now.  They're pretty good, too.

A Haunting is going big screen. "A haunting in Conneticut" based on the Discover channel show will star Virginia Madsen but i'm not sure of a release date yet.

^ Ah!  I didn't realize that was coming from the tv show.  Nifty.

i don't remember seeing it either. the thing about all those ghost hunter shows is how everyone gets excited over a tiny orb of light. i quickly lose interest when they all get going about stupid orbs. call me when the ghost or demons start dishing out the full body apparitions.